News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Quote from: Roscoe on January 10, 2022, 04:53:27 PMIt was good to talk with Mel and see her repent and come home, even if it might be for just a little while, as she's prone to bounce out again. :ugly:

Was that a fat joke? Cause I'm skinnier than I used to be. :hypocrite:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 11, 2022, 02:15:54 AMMcKays in our town is a steak house.

That would make sense, if it was Roscoe or Mini... but I looked it up and it's a bookstore...which makes even more sense since it was Weird Cat who mentioned it.

MelodyB

Also. It's in my zip code, on my side of Chatt. Less than 5 miles from my house. Haha.

Be jealous WC!

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on January 11, 2022, 02:14:38 AM
Quote from: Lynx on January 10, 2022, 11:27:36 AMChattynoogie?! 

Sorry... Yosemite Sam flashback.

I've been trying to get down to Chattanooga for about two months now. I heard there is a McKay's there. But so far I can't get anybody to stay with Grandma on a Monday (my day off) while I make a day trip down there.

What is a McKays? Don't think I've seen that.

As far as I know there is one in Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga.

It's a used bookstore about as big as the old style Walmarts, before Walmart started selling food. It's two levels tall. First floor is all books. Second floor is all music.

The reason I go is for their scratched/bargain CDs. They are all between a nickel and 95 cents a piece. I plow through and pick out everything Christian I've never heard before - it usually takes about six hours - and sort through it later at home. I usually like about a third of it.

The ones I don't like I dump on the local thrift store, and I never, ever go there looking for music.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I found it, so now I'm gonna have to check it out.

Chseeads

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on January 11, 2022, 11:28:47 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on January 11, 2022, 02:14:38 AM
Quote from: Lynx on January 10, 2022, 11:27:36 AMChattynoogie?! 

Sorry... Yosemite Sam flashback.

I've been trying to get down to Chattanooga for about two months now. I heard there is a McKay's there. But so far I can't get anybody to stay with Grandma on a Monday (my day off) while I make a day trip down there.

What is a McKays? Don't think I've seen that.

As far as I know there is one in Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga.

It's a used bookstore about as big as the old style Walmarts, before Walmart started selling food. It's two levels tall. First floor is all books. Second floor is all music.

The reason I go is for their scratched/bargain CDs. They are all between a nickel and 95 cents a piece. I plow through and pick out everything Christian I've never heard before - it usually takes about six hours - and sort through it later at home. I usually like about a third of it.

The ones I don't like I dump on the local thrift store, and I never, ever go there looking for music.

That sounds amazing. Now I'm jealous. LOL.

@Work. Trying to work through my "I don't want to be here" mood and not lash out at frustrating people in my emails. LOL. I try very hard to filter out my actual responses to be polite, businesslike responses instead.

Seth.. You be nice. LOL.

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on January 11, 2022, 02:11:59 PMBah.
I have to agree. Tuesdays are my mondays, and I am just about to clock in. Bah.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on January 11, 2022, 01:39:45 PMI found it, so now I'm gonna have to check it out.
Be careful! The place is very NSFW - not safe for wallet.

They also have a bookshelf full of anime dvds, random musical instruments behind the counter, old video game systems like Sega Genesis and super Nintendo... And near the door they have a sandbox table full of random legos. Not sure how that fits in with the rest of the media theme, but whatever.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

I called off work today.  Spent the night in and out of the bathroom with cramps and diarrhea.  :flush:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm with Chel at a place called Sasquatch's Trading Post. They have lots of food items that are "scratch & dent" like.

Lynx

I looked that place up and found videos of the guy talking about what they have. He sounds remarkably like the auctioneer at the local auction house talking up whatever it is they're auctioning off right now.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I'm making broccoli cheese soup for Justin, he has flu and strep. His Covid test hasn't come back yet.

We saw 97 patients today. Most were Covid related and about half of those were positive. So yeah. Fun days.

Roscoe

I'm amazed. Cheese and Mel, two days in a row! :o
I don't know whether to shout or hide.
So much envious of McKay's. Sounds like a place I could spend some time in.
Going on week two of creeping crud. Actually considering getting tested.
Pretty sure I'm positive- for being old and cantankerous.
They are saying possible winter weather this weekend, with one model showing several inches of snow. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on January 11, 2022, 11:59:14 PMI looked that place up and found videos of the guy talking about what they have. He sounds remarkably like the auctioneer at the local auction house talking up whatever it is they're auctioning off right now.
Actually, I think they do auctions there, too.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 12, 2022, 12:45:57 AM
Quote from: Lynx on January 11, 2022, 11:59:14 PMI looked that place up and found videos of the guy talking about what they have. He sounds remarkably like the auctioneer at the local auction house talking up whatever it is they're auctioning off right now.
Ha!

All of it reminded me of the auctioneer's practiced rambling that appears unfocused but is curiously constant. What really strengthened the resemblance was when he started talking about the cherry curd and said, "You know what would go well with this?" and started selling the cheese too.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 12, 2022, 01:21:37 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 12, 2022, 12:45:57 AM
Ha!

All of it reminded me of the auctioneer's practiced rambling that appears unfocused but is curiously constant. What really strengthened the resemblance was when he started talking about the cherry curd and said, "You know what would go well with this?" and started selling the cheese too.

Totally off the subject, but I miss auctions. One of our local flea markets used to have one weekly to dispose of estates and such. All kinds of goodies. And there was a very OLD lady that made the best pies with a flakey crust, who sold them by the slice as a concession. Sadly she died, then covid hit and the auction did too. I keep hoping for a resurrection, but so far no luck..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

It sure doesn't take much to impress you, Roscoe.

That soup I made was amazing! And Justin just text me from upstairs, his PCR result is back and he doesn't have Covid. He is going back to work tomorrow.

I'm off for the next two days.

That is all.

mini

Good morning everyone.

Good to see Cheese and Mel.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Aaaaaand now I'm sick.

Had a bad night. Nauseated, and snotty and can't breathe thru my nose. Just overall blah. Glad I'm off today. I may have to go check in and get tested. But I'll wait and see how I do tonight and tomorrow before I add myself to the patient list. We are already overrun.

Humbug. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Sorry ya feel like crud, Mel. And my inner sarcastic self wants to respond to your " It doesn't take much to impress you" by snapping back that I was impressed by my friend Mel when we met her. :hypocrite:

But I don't wanna drive you away. :lol: And my second response in regards to that comment is- "you shoulda tasted those pies" :laughhard:
I'm trying to do better and not gain, indeed lose weight, but lawd, I do love food.
In other news, our local health department has given me four at home tests. Now, I'm judging my symptoms and trying to decide if it's a cold, or should I test. If I test and it's positive- it means a week long plus vacation, being behind in everything, and possibly having to live in the motorhome so Lou doesn't have to quarantine. I really like my coach, but I don't wanna HAVE to live in it in my yard!!

Nelle

Well... the longer you wait, the more likely she will have to quarantine too if you pop positive.  It's hard to figure out when you need to test haha.

I'm getting my booster on Friday if all stays well for me. Jeremy's work is HOT with covid right now, so I'm kinda just waiting for it to hit our home.

@work - payroll day.

MelodyB