News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Went to church. Found out my second mama, Mama Hattie, has covid. Worries me, she's 81...gotta trust God. I sure love her. Her daughter has it too, called me today to tell me to not pick Mama Hattie up because she is sick.  I had Lou go get her and take her to the hospital. At least now they can treat it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Good Morning. lol..

@Work. Snowing like winter finally realized it was its season. Had a pretty uneventful drive in (thanks to the highway dept!!) until I got to work. I always slip and slide into the driveway here due to the angle and that no one treats the road in. Oh well, I made it!!

mini

Nelle, I discovered we have a mutual friend.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Quote from: mini on January 07, 2022, 01:23:54 PMNelle, I discovered we have a mutual friend.

I noticed that myself.. LOL. A wonderful friend indeed. We met and spent time together in my short BQ years of helping our AR quizmaster.

@Work. Still snow on the ground (which is BEAUtiful) but I don't like the cold temps that are keeping it here. Glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow that I'm aware of.. hoping I can get some beginning-of-the-year organizing done and save a little sanity.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on January 07, 2022, 03:11:56 PM
Quote from: mini on January 07, 2022, 01:23:54 PMNelle, I discovered we have a mutual friend.

I noticed that myself.. LOL. A wonderful friend indeed. We met and spent time together in my short BQ years of helping our AR quizmaster.

@Work. Still snow on the ground (which is BEAUtiful) but I don't like the cold temps that are keeping it here. Glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow that I'm aware of.. hoping I can get some beginning-of-the-year organizing done and save a little sanity.

Now I'm hurt. 'Cause Nelle ain't "friended" me. :sadbounce:
Hi y'all. Been out doing home visits. It's cold here with none of the beauty of snow. I am not a fan.
On the bright side, due to the chance of possible winter weather this weekend, all of my commitments other than church are null and void. I doubt I shall leave the house tomorrow.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Mission accomplished.  After consultation with mentors and Bro Wilson, the decision was made to skip having church tomorrow too. Covid is NUTS here- somewhere around 7k new cases in one day.  As a result, I won't do anything tomorrow either. Don't plan to leave the house then either....

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well, plans change. As in, bed at 3am, woke up at 10 am to a call telling me that the church was flooded. We've been dealing with a bit of water intrusion during really heavy rain in the sanctuary, but not bad. Well, it seemed that this was not enough, so the urinal in the men's room hung wide open and overflowed. Got that turned off, and then we had about 1,000 gallons of water to clean up. So we did...and spent couple of hours melting about 50 feet of roll roofing onto the lower outside wall and rear sidewalk, hopefully sealing the water out for good.
 Back home now. So tired and wiped out.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

ROLL CALL! Who all is still here? I know Roscoe is...he's been nagging me for years to come back, every time we text he tries his best. So I'm here, for the moment. No promises to post like I used to. So much has changed for everyone since those days.

I'm in Chattanooga now, for those who are not on my FB. I've been here 14 months and I'm loving it!

Gods timing. That's for sure.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on January 10, 2022, 03:02:04 AMROLL CALL! Who all is still here? I know Roscoe is...he's been nagging me for years to come back, every time we text he tries his best. So I'm here, for the moment. No promises to post like I used to. So much has changed for everyone since those days.

I'm in Chattanooga now, for those who are not on my FB. I've been here 14 months and I'm loving it!

Gods timing. That's for sure.
Chattynoogie?! 

Sorry... Yosemite Sam flashback.

I've been trying to get down to Chattanooga for about two months now. I heard there is a McKay's there. But so far I can't get anybody to stay with Grandma on a Monday (my day off) while I make a day trip down there.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on January 07, 2022, 10:01:24 PM
Quote from: Nelle on January 07, 2022, 03:11:56 PM

Now I'm hurt. 'Cause Nelle ain't "friended" me. :sadbounce:
Hi y'all. Been out doing home visits. It's cold here with none of the beauty of snow. I am not a fan.
On the bright side, due to the chance of possible winter weather this weekend, all of my commitments other than church are null and void. I doubt I shall leave the house tomorrow.

lol... Just add me! I don't usually add people first. I'm a weirdo LOL. I'm not even sure how I ended up FB friend w/ Mini. I probably did add him first I dunno haha.

@Work. Low stress weekend. Jeremy took off Saturday from work b/c he was tired and had hurt his arm the day before. So he was there with me allllll weekend. We didn't have in person church on Sunday due to a COVID+ saint and exposures. We are hoping to have church again on Wednesday. I do sorta wish we could do online for a while b/c the infection rates here are high and continually rising it seems. Thankful that our church has not been too bad lately (other than the two deaths we have already had in this pandemic.)

Roscoe

As noted- I is here. Still feel poorly, but not really anything I can say that actually makes me sick, other than a bit of a scratchy throat. So I am staying wrapped up in my office away from everyone. Did nothing constructive this weekend other than the aforementioned church work Sunday.
It was good to talk with Mel and see her repent and come home, even if it might be for just a little while, as she's prone to bounce out again. :ugly:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Nothing interesting going on.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 10, 2022, 04:53:27 PMAs noted- I is here. Still feel poorly, but not really anything I can say that actually makes me sick, other than a bit of a scratchy throat. So I am staying wrapped up in my office away from everyone. Did nothing constructive this weekend other than the aforementioned church work Sunday.
It was good to talk with Mel and see her repent and come home, even if it might be for just a little while, as she's prone to bounce out again. :ugly:
You should LOVE recidivists. Were it not for them, your paycheck would be naught. :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

* Chseeads kicks everyone in the shins...twice.

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

WOW. It's a revival! Rejoice!
Knowing full well they will probably backslide again. LOL.
 Glad to "See" you  old hands. Even Cheesehead.

Sharing-wise, we've took church to online only again. Three more positive cases today. Sigh.

MelodyB

Quote from: Lynx on January 10, 2022, 11:27:36 AMChattynoogie?! 

Sorry... Yosemite Sam flashback.

I've been trying to get down to Chattanooga for about two months now. I heard there is a McKay's there. But so far I can't get anybody to stay with Grandma on a Monday (my day off) while I make a day trip down there.

What is a McKays? Don't think I've seen that.