News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

Won't He do it! He said He would. :) If you ever needed validation that you are in the correct field, I think you just got it too.

@Work. All in my feels today. Hoping it gets better haha. I told my coworker that I might just have to let myself have a good cry so that maybe then I'll feel better.

Second vaccine shot tomorrow morning and then the parade after. Tonight we have to hopefully finish the float.

Roscoe

I hope that second shot is easier on you than it was me. Not to scare you but I felt like a bus hit me for about 36 hours after taking it.

And yeah, God has blessed me soooo much.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 06, 2021, 03:05:19 PMI hope that second shot is easier on you than it was me. Not to scare you but I felt like a bus hit me for about 36 hours after taking it.

From my experience the moderna one was harsh on round 1 and ok on round 2.
and vice versus on pfizer. easy on round 1 and harsh on round 2.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

I've heard both descriptions for Moderna, as well as people being sick on both. I did not have any issues with the first one except for my arm being sore at the shot site. Hoping I'm not completely knocked down from it, but at least I've got a day before the work week to hopefully recover mostly and a desk job to come back to if I'm just slightly functioning, haha. Either way, I'm trying to be prepared with things caught up as much as I can just in case.

Hoping for a nap this evening before we go work on the float.

Backseat Radio

I was sick for 3 days after my 2nd Pfizer shot.

Roscoe

:hi:
Moderna here. First shot was zero issues.
Second one bodyslammed me. Lol
Friday night, the vette let me down. Drove a bit, filled it up and got ready to leave the gas station.  Little did I know it would leave on the back of a wrecker.  The ignition  switch locked up. All kinds of messed up, and when I pulled it out, a shower of tiny pins hit the floor.
I ordered another Saturday morning.  Hopefully this is all it will need.
Preached last night. Felt in left field. Was told by congregation I wasn't.
New folks there...three services  in a row. I am happy, happy,happy about that. It's nice to be back in the 40s again.
 And the ignition  switch  for the vette came in. I just picked it up from the locksmith..hopefully  The Problem Child and I will be back on the road tonight.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work.

Honestly.. I don't think I had much of a reaction to the shot. I got really overheated on Saturday (several hours after the shot) from being in the parade and overexerting haha. BUT - I'm fine. :)

Backseat Radio

Wish some church in my town had 2nd shift friendly Church service times. Service start times around here seem to range from 9 AM to 10:30 AM. Didn't wake up till 11 AM Sunday cause of exhaustion.

Roscoe

There's times I wish we had sunday morning services, but our 5pm service time has worked well for our people.
The Problem Child is back tearing up the road. About 30 minutes of work this evening fixed it. I am happy.

Lynx

How does Chey feel about being replaced as the problem child?  >.<
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

I'm still very conflicted on getting the shot. Ugh. :-/

CVS just rolled out that anyone in an office role has to have one to go back to the office. So this will be an issue for me when we meet at our office. Currently still WFH unless we have meetings etc.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

@Work.

At least you have a little more time to decide! Maybe just figure out how to stay WFH haha..

I found out I have mild anemia. My mom also has anemia. I'm going to have to take a supplement. This is the first time my doctor has ever mentioned it to me, so I'm hoping maybe we can head this off to not become a big thing.

Roscoe

I was conflicted. Still not crazy about it. But I will admit more peace of mind after having it, which is important to a hypochondriac like me who stresses through the roof anyway.

Lord today  is crawling.
And I've been bad.
Last night a church  member brought  me mint chocolate  cupcakes  for my birthday.  I couldn't offend  them, now could I? So I cheated then...then my coworker  went to Wendy's. I wound up eating a burger, with bread for the first time in a long time.
Not a good choice.

Nelle

When you fall down, you've just got to get back up, dust yourself off, and continue your path. :)

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 12, 2021, 06:55:11 PMLast night a church  member brought  me mint chocolate  cupcakes  for my birthday.  I couldn't offend  them, now could I? So I cheated then...then my coworker  went to Wendy's. I wound up eating a burger, with bread for the first time in a long time.
Not a good choice.
The only thing to do is ingest caffeine to get you over the blah feeling. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I just made my nephew banana pudding and gave him an extra portion in a to go container. He hasn't been gone very long at all and sent a photo of the empty container. Lol

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 12, 2021, 06:55:11 PMI was conflicted. Still not crazy about it. But I will admit more peace of mind after having it, which is important to a hypochondriac like me who stresses through the roof anyway.

Thank you. This helped. I went ahead and made my appointment last night.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 13, 2021, 05:04:37 PMI just made my nephew banana pudding and gave him an extra portion in a to go container. He hasn't been gone very long at all and sent a photo of the empty container. Lol
Homemade banana pudding? Like, made with sugar, flour, milk, egg, butter? Not made with instant pudding powder?

I can't blame him a bit. If I were there he would have to fight me for it.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on August 13, 2021, 06:25:03 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 13, 2021, 05:04:37 PMI just made my nephew banana pudding and gave him an extra portion in a to go container. He hasn't been gone very long at all and sent a photo of the empty container. Lol
Homemade banana pudding? Like, made with sugar, flour, milk, egg, butter? Not made with instant pudding powder?

I can't blame him a bit. If I were there he would have to fight me for it.
Yes, I don't make the instant box kind. ;)

MsJennJenn

For my vaxers....

The THIRD dose is dropping tomorrow in CVS. FYI.
"It's the same exact drug as doses 1 & 2 but it does help improve immunity."

The booster is still in conversations. It would help with the variants. Whenever it does come.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 13, 2021, 08:18:53 PMFor my vaxers....

The THIRD dose is dropping tomorrow in CVS. FYI.
"It's the same exact drug as doses 1 & 2 but it does help improve immunity."

The booster is still in conversations. It would help with the variants. Whenever it does come.
I was wondering if there would be a third dose or booster. Around here, it's probably needed. Over 3k new cases yesterday... the numbers keep skyrocketing.
I went to the dr today. No big weight loss to report, but got told I was doing real well. Came back and picked up Lou, went to Russellville and home. Unwinding and trying to seek out Sunday's sermon.

Nelle

@Work.

I've only heard boosters referred to for Pfizer or for certain groups. Is it going to be available for everyone when it hits the market? I wish there was a way to get an alert that I'm able.. LOL. I mean, I'd hope it's been too soon since my #2 shot that I wouldn't be able to get it yet tho.

What a heavy news/world day.

Roscoe

Shew. Been busy and haven't had much of a chance to post. Tomorrow is Chey's first day back at school- tenth grade.
Baptized two last night.
Nice to see the church hanging in the 40s.

The Purple Fuzzy

We've been running today. Always something to do.

Backseat Radio

Found out today that I'll be moving to first shift in about 3 weeks. The new gal moving into my department can only work in the evening so when my team lead found out I'm not adjusting well to evening shift she jumped at the chance to bump me to the morning shift. Once I adjust to mornings it will be better for me. I've missed a lot of church because of 2nd shift exhaustion.