News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Black ice is no joke. You can drive but it's ridiculously difficult. You have to go slow and know how to turn when you start sliding. There's no point in driving in it.

taco_harvell

God amazes me! I have no clue how but our bills are paid for another month, with today officially marking my 4th month without a pay check.

I haven't slept in almost 48 hours which is a good and bad thing. Cluster headaches hurt less but I feel like I'm losing my mind. No sleep has my blood sugar up as well.

Our first Wed. night Youth Bible study went great! Had a kid who visits from time to time really get in to it. He said he wont be missing one.

I guess that's all I got to share! :)
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Black ice is something to be wary of, for sure. But Atlanta was paralyzed just by the snow.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

They had ice first, from what I read.

QuoteATLANTA - The snow and sleet had stopped falling and traffic was moving again around Atlanta following a crippling storm - but officials warned that ice-covered roads remained a threat for drivers Thursday morning.

State officials were concerned with sub-freezing overnight lows potentially leading to layers of black ice coating roads that might appear to be safe.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/danger-passing-but-not-over-in-atlanta-area/

taco_harvell

Atlanta traffic is at a stand still 75% of the time with the sun shining. They have one of the worst roadway systems in the US and some of the worst drivers. If you put anything extra into that mix everything is coming to a complete stand still. One reason I hate going to Atlanta!

Babs

It's a sunny 26 in New York today.....so much nicer than the - temperatures lol

:hi:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Eh... here people go ballistic if it gets below freezing.  Every time someone at work complains about how cold it is, I swear I can hear yankees laughing at us. 

Nice hat by the way.  A warm, sunny color, great for winter.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 31, 2014, 12:26:34 AMEvery time someone at work complains about how cold it is, I swear I can hear yankees laughing at us. 

:biglaugh: :P :hypocrite: :) :cool: ;)

Chseeads

Backseat Radio

Chseeads

MelodyB

Well.

More developments in my life story. I swear, ABC should hire us on for a soap opera.

Tuesday, my Aunt Helen called my cousin Kendall who I live with. (her Son) She told him that she had just got off the phone with my Mom and that I needed to call and check on her cause she was talking out of her head and stuff. So I called...NINE TIMES, both hers and Dads phone and neither one answered. FINALLY Dad answered Moms phone. So I asked to speak to her. Dad gave me the third degree on what I wanted to say, or ask, and I just insisted that I didnt really WANT anything, I just wanted to speak to her. He yelled at her and handed her the phone, she apparently couldnt hold it to her ear, and hung up on me. So I called back. Dad again answered. He said "I dont know what is wrong with her, she is acting stupid and cant hold the phone and keeps trying to press buttons.' So He handed the phone to her again. She held it this time and talked all kinds of crazy junk to me...Dad got back on the phone and I asked him how much pain pills she had that day, and he says he hasnt given her ANY pain pills for the past three weeks. He was mad and frustrated, but he wasnt directing his anger to me. (for once)

So I just figured Dad was lying, like he does , A LOT, and didnt worry too much about it.

Today Dad calls me yelling and screaming at ME this time, and asking me what kind of lies that I was spreading to my Aunt Linda about him...ummm what? I told him I havent talked to her since last saturday, and we discussed clothes and how to get them over here for my cousin. (Some of my Uncles clothes she was wanting to give away...suits and shirts and ties and things.) I didnt know what he was talking about.

So after I got off with him, I did call Aunt Linda, to ask her about a leather chair and ottoman that I want that is in the apartment...Mom and Dad dont want it, and I do, so I asked for it. She told me about how crazy mom has been acting, and how she almost fell off the ramp with Dads hoverround this morning. And how Granny, MY GRANNY, is packing the apartment for them. THAT MADE ME SEE RED. I was so mad about that!!! They have been told by the board to be out of the apartment THIS WEEK...no more stalling! And now my friend Granny is in there packing their stuff?! Oh NO...I was livid. But I didnt tell my Aunt how mad I was at that news.

So anyway, That was around noontime when I talked to them...I get a call from my Brother Chad about 8pm, and he said that Mom had fallen, and she had to be taken to the ER cause she couldnt get up, so dad called 911 and the ambulance came and got her. Then when she got to the ER, they took her to ICU cause she was having seizures.

Later I found out that she fell cause she let that STUPID RAT-DOG outside, and she couldnt get him to come in when she called him, so she stepped out the door and slipped on the iced over porch area. Dad cant get out that door and onto that area cause the doorway is too small and it has a step down. So He had to call the ambulance and meanwhile mom is laying there out of her head, in the cold wet weather for about 20 minutes.

OY.

Later still, I found out that dad apparently was telling the truth about taking her off the pain meds, cause when I called him he was crying and blaming himself for cutting her off cold turkey. And to make it worse, whatever good might have been done with her having the drugs out of her system, the ER and ICU are currently pumping her back full of them cause she hurt her back and tailbone with the fall. When I talked to her in the hosp. she was REALLY talking nonsense, something about a friend going to bring her some shoes cause she (the friend) knows how awful it is to be in her situation cause she babysits her grandkids all week.

What?

I asked her what friend, and she couldnt tell me a name, just that she works in the hospital. Well Mom doesnt have any friends...Not that work in the Hosp...and she really doesnt have any friends at all that work anywhere. *shrug* Just crazy random stuff that doesnt make sense.

So here I am. I am supposed to start my job Monday. I cannot leave here right now. I dont know what to do. I feel bad/guilty that I left and left everyone there to take care of all this mess with them. But honestly, I was on the verge of a breakdown myself...but what am I supposed to do now?

:frustrated:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

You aren't their only child. Maybe someone else should deal with their drama for once.

taco_harvell

Lynx

MelodyB has siblings?  I got the impression she was the only child.  Where have they been while she was dealing with all this stuff last year? Time to give them a call...
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Ummm, I have mentioned both of my Brothers in my posts a lot lately. One (Chad) went to BOTT and I posted a picture of him, and the other (John) gave me a job, a car, money, and helped me move my stuff to Tallahassee. I know Ive mentioned them quite a bit.

Yes they should have been helping me with Mom and Dad long before now. But Im the baby and it always seems Im the one stuck with the mess. Especially with Mom and Dad. But, they both have families and live in Florida. Chad has helped a little more than John, but John is stepping up and helping ME now. Chad too, but John has REALLY stepped up.

And two, Mom and Dad dont want help now. I just found out this morning that Mom fell in the the afternoon. We didnt hear about it till four hours later. Dad told Granny NOT to contact us. Call the prayer chain, but not their Children. He has told me to my face recently that he hates me and wishes I would die. So I dont really care anymore...I mean I do, but thats one main reason I left. Im not gonna stay where Im not wanted, and after everything Ive done for someone and they still hate me, Im not going to do anything any more. Plus, they wont listen to us anyway. Its better we just let them crash and burn by themselves cause thats what is happening and thats what they want, even though they gripe and complain that they dont have anyone to help them...well, quit running off the help! 

The problem is, I DO care. But Im trying to remember that I need to live MY life now, and quit worrying about people who are self destructing.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 31, 2014, 06:38:37 AM
Still awake... I feel like I need to be locked up somewhere.

* MsJennJenn sends the white bus to pick up Taco. :hypocrite:

*not intending to make light of your situation...so if I hurt your feelings let me know*

I was about to say...Melbs talks about Chad ALL of the time....lol way to pay attention ISSac....*cough*  :pound:

I'll admit - I didn't remember John though....LOL when you talked of your brother helping you move I thought you meant Chad. I'm glad they're stepping up. Maybe you moving IS what has helped them get their butts in gear Melbs.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Just woke up. Didn't bother setting the alarm clock last night since today is my day off. Apparently needed the sleep cause I was out for about 11 hours.

Backseat Radio

Looks like I'm still sick today too.   :sadbounce:

Headache, nausea, and muscle aches, slight  fever.... not fun

Lynx

Thank you Jen. When I overlook something, it really helps to be ridiculed about it.  :roll:

At any rate melody, glad you're finally free of all that. Just keep reminding yourself of what you said you were reminding yourself of.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Ridicule is a strong word to use in an case of which ridicule wasn't even to be had.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Hmm.  :hi:  Been a day. Went to the library, helped an older friend who is the president of our ham radio club navigate facebook, and came home to put a pot roast and veggies in the oven for dinner tonight. I'm wore slap out and did not  do much at all...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

So yeah...Dad called...Mom is still out of it, talking nonsense and now she doesn't recognize anyone. Plus the X-ray came in and she has broken her feamer bone. (sp?)

It just keeps getting better and better. :roll: :pullhair: