News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 08, 2013, 06:02:13 PM

WARNING: Bro. Bobby, do not listen.  You will hate this song.  I just know it.
I shoulda heeded your advice. I hate it.  :smirk2: In fact, a minute and a half of that mess qualifies Grandma for Sainthood, for not shooting you..if she didn't already deserve said sainthood for putting up with you.  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I put in a special warning just for you, and STILL you listened to it?  What does it take?   :frustrated:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 08, 2013, 06:36:05 PM
I put in a special warning just for you, and STILL you listened to it?  What does it take?   :frustrated:
It was like telling a kid they CAN'T do something...it immediatly became enticing.  :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Melody

Melody

We have been having about 30 guests a week for a few months and like 80 something baptisms this yr so far.  Retention rates are the struggle of every church no matter how big or little they are.  I am trying desperately to make more connections. I have first impression anxiety.  Seriously. It's so awkward I make the other people feel awkward!  I do NOT greet in the entry way.  Lol

Just made that up. It's a real thing now.

Anyway. Met 5 new people today and we went with a first time visiting family to lunch today.

Baby steps.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on September 08, 2013, 07:23:11 PM
Roscoe, don't give me any money.

You can't do it.

I forbid it.
For once Rev, I think I shall obey you. After all, "Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft".  :hypocrite:

Meller, I wish we had 30 guests a week....in fact I'd like to have 30 home folk consistantly. :biglaugh:  I DO, however, have awesome news that is nearly as equal to us as your visitors are to you...
As most everyone here knows, our little church has been struggling somewhat for the last few years...it has a great spirit, but retention has been a problem. Seems like we never get to grow much...they come, they get refreshed, they leave. Kinda feels like a gas station, they drive in, and out.
Lately though, it seemed like we weren't even getting those. But it has started to change...
As I posted several days ago about the "biker dude"- his name is Rob- seeing him and his wife come in has really boosted our faith. They are at every service if they don't have to work.   :clap:
Tonight, I look up, and here comes another couple. They look like a carbon copy of a few weeks ago...Rob jumps up and proudly introduces me to them. They are his coworkers. He tells me later they are having all kinds of problems- but he's told them this is where they need to be. This, from a man that has yet to approach an altar...
During the worship service, I watch the couple new families...Rob's crying, his wife's watching and raising her hands, the new guy is staring at the platform, and the new woman? Hands in the air, singing, crying, and from all appearances speaking in tongues...
Preaching time comes and I preach on the grave- how it no longer is the end of the story, but because of Calvary, it is a new begining. God deals with me and I swege into Acts 2:38 message, comparing repentence with death, burial with baptism in Jesus name and birth with the Holy Ghost...the new couple are watching. Woman's crying. Man is nodding affirmative with everything I'm saying.... :o
I wish I could tell you they all prayed through to the Holy Ghost and were baptised tonight- but I can't. It is coming though! After church Rob made my day by asking the new lady what she thought, saying "WE'RE wild, ain't we?"  Ahh, gooood. "We're". I like that! REVIVAL! Turns out she was brought to a Pentecostal church as a child, so she has an idea, anyway...

Heather

I'm engaged. I have a fiancee.  I know we've talked about it for awhile but it's a completely different thing to have THE ring on your finger.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"WE'RE wild, ain't we?"

Did you tell him "You ain't seen nothin yet"?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

Gross

* MsJennJenn goes off in search of her nine cats and perhaps a bottle of whiskey
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Jenn-we had some awesome cats in the shelter before I left. not sire what's left but I'll let you know when I get home.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Ugh. Lord, I feel like something Seth scrapes offin' his boots this morning. If I were the type to do so, I'd have called in. Upset tummy, sneezing, runny nose- you'd think this was flu season. :pound:
Be that as it may, I'm at work. Bah.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

That is PHENOMENAL Roscoe!!  I rejoice with you!  We weren't always in a larger church. In IA there were 6 when we came and at one point 60.  I understand the one soul at a time and let me tell you it is STILL the same feeling no matter how big the church is. My heart still leaps with every baptism and HG Infilling.

It's still takes intentional work to retain them and disciple them. Cell groups help cause new converts need more fellowship to transitioning and Bible studies go a long way to have them be more than emotional pew warmers. 

Honestly the congregational size of small town churches is probably much higher than a large church in a big city.  If you have 1% of the town in church you're doing good!  In a town of 800 would be 8. Our metro of 2 million would be what? 20,000?  Lol.

MelodyB

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on September 09, 2013, 05:38:32 AM
Gross

* MsJennJenn goes off in search of her nine cats and perhaps a bottle of whiskey

There there, honey, we still have each other.

Melody

I don't know what I missed that mini saw. Or what's gross.

But I'm super happy for you, Mel.

Enjoying a cup of coffee. With almond milk. It's decent. 

That job Nathan had gotten has not worked out. It was through Google Fiber and they do not have it together yet. So it's carpentry stuff. Thank the GOOD Lord that he has that. I need to buy him vitamins and feed this man for all I'm worth so that he doesn't get sick. A wore out body is a weak immune system. 

The Purple Fuzzy

She changed the title from "All this mushy love talk is the pits...Im gonna stay single in Sharing 486!"  to "All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!"

Morning, all. :hi:

MsJennJenn

Oh haha - I didn't even catch that. I was just saying gross to all this mushy sugar Melbs is oozing. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  After church I went by the store and found a tub of Blue Bell brand blueberry cheesecake ice cream.  Usually dairy messes with my sinuses, and when my nose is stopped up I don't sleep very well, and I knew that perfectly when when I was eating the ice cream last night... but I got a much better night's sleep than I deserved last night.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Is it the dairy or cellulose powder?  ;) Which is wood pulp.  I wonder with all the craziness in food if everyone is allergic to what they think?  Not you persay Isaac, but in general.

Chseeads