News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on August 29, 2013, 02:01:22 AM
I need some sweet  tea!

Allen drank all mine.

Anytime I hear the name Allen, I hear that prairie dog on the funny animal video yelling "Allen! Allen! Allen!"  Lol.

And I am hard pressed to not imitate it out loud. Hehehe

MelodyB

Allen is my "cousin". He can be ANNOYING. But Kimber and I decided to help him and be his friend. He is MAJORLY socially awkward, obnoxious, and thinks he is the good lookinist thing to ever walk the earth. Plus he knows everything about everything. Hes really a piece of work.

Hes our project, he loves my parents, and so he is over here a lot. Plus he LOVES my tea...so when he is here, I dont get much of the tea I make for me. lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

"cousin" meaning that his Aunt married my Uncle after we were both adults. He is 29.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Don't wonder... Just go on. :grin:

But on another note... I wonder if roscoe was ever anyone's project...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

That's not on another note, that's the same note in a different octave. :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on August 29, 2013, 05:50:24 PM
Don't wonder... Just go on. :grin:

But on another note... I wonder if roscoe was ever anyone's project...
:pound: "project" implies that I needed changed. NEVER. I was always handsome, kind,outgoing,sweet, gentle, and sexy. Who on earth would wanna change that?!? :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

*snorts giggles*

You tell them, Roscoe.  We support you, you're valuable.  Keep going.

:hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Awesome!

Quote from: Roscoe on August 29, 2013, 11:40:38 AM
Our "biker guy" and his wife came again, making them regulars- you come to church three times with us, we adopt ya  :P. He surprised me by testifying during testimony service, thanking God for all He was doing in his life. Said that he'd had no expectations of a raise at work for a good while, yet after coming to church the past couple services, he was called into the office at work and given a substantial raise...He was giving God the credit. I see God working....and it's grand.

Newsman

That actually comes across as kind of insulting to at least one of us who can drive the concrete jungle with the worst of them, but prefers the open air to the open blare, Lady JennJenn.

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 28, 2013, 05:18:49 PM
The city life is def not for the weak.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Newsman on August 30, 2013, 11:11:55 AM
That actually comes across as kind of insulting to at least one of us who can drive the concrete jungle with the worst of them, but prefers the open air to the open blare, Lady JennJenn.

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 28, 2013, 05:18:49 PM
The city life is def not for the weak.

Not insulting. Just stating that city life isn't for everyone.
There are different struggles etc that one might face in the city that you wouldn't probably even come across in the country life.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Driving through a metro is not comparable to living in one.  Jenn's statement is accurate, not insulting.

It can be very loud & crowded, but that makes our quiet, routine at home so very sweet. We can go adventure at the festivals and events and come home to pie and sweet tea and the sound of a fan.  God is so good.

If I were single I would be even more tolerant of things but with a family I do want our own space a bit away from the neighbors.  But I don't want a farm or ranch.  I grew up in a small town and never want to live like that again either. It's not just the space because small towns usually have large yards and nice space between, I like that. It's more the culture and diversity differences that sway me. That's just ME.

And I should say that Kansas City is a metro in the heartland surrounded by farmland. So it's not going to be like New York or Chicago or LA. Some parts of KC look just like a small town neighborhood.

It's said that people don't come here to visit, they come here to live.

Lynx

For some reason I'm reminded of Avalon's song "It's only for the weak."
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Yeah, that. 

I wish I could do that song in church, but some of the elder saints would have a heart attack.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

We are supposed to go to a surprise 50th birthday party on Sat for my brother in law and Monday we are having a combined birthday party for my grandkids since Talia and Elias won't be here on their birthdays.

Lynx

I personally have no plans, but I'm sure the family will meet for a family dinner for some reason, or for no reason at all... the "no reason at all" ones are the best! :D
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Nothing. Normal weekend. Bro and sil are out of town until Sunday.
Monday we're all off though - sis and I plan to spend it at Mom's in the pool. 100 degrees is too hot to be doing much else. ha
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I've gotta work Monday, so nothing planned. Just a normal day. And it is entirely too hot to do anything today, so my day thus far has been taking Chey to school, shopping for groceries, and returning to the air conditioned house and reading John Grisham's newest paper back, The Racketeer. I might also mention that in true Grisham style, it is an awesome book, although it still doesn't displace A Time To Kill from his all time best, in my mind at least.
Debating running to Russellville for a few to pick up a power supply I had repaired...it's too hot to go out to the non air conditioned ham shack. Man, I wish Lou and I had a large enough house that I could have a soundproofed ham shack/study/library inside.. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

NothIng special. I'm going out to eat tonight with Allen. But that's all. Monday we rest to get ready for the next 3+ weeks. I may make a good dinner but no holiday meal.

Lynx

Wall AC units are cheaper than ever Bro. Bobby, and I know I remember a window in that room that you could stick it in...
"Do you sing at church?"