News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I've went almost 4 days now without soda. I thought I was gonna slug a coemployee for her Dr pepper yesterday. granted I feel like slugging her quite often so it could have been normal. lol. I have had either a sweet tea or a coffee everyday. other than that it's water and milk with dinner.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Got to work and had flowers sitting on my desk. :)
My son sent them  :D

Roscoe

I am wore slap out. I started the day by taking Chey to school, then stopped and bought two bags of mulch, some weed barrier, edging, and a potted Mum.....Came home, got way too hot in the process of the work I did, but I took what was an ugly stump and turned it into a nice flowerbed with the family name displayed. It came out better than I thought...but now it makes the rest of the yard look shabby, so I shall have to work on it as money permits. I will post some pics when I can get my internet to cooperate...:smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 23, 2013, 05:37:58 PM
I remember that stump.  Post pics!
I'm trying...photobucket is a pain since they "upgraded". If the morons had just left it alone, it worked perfectly.:mad: Let me try attaching them here...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Nice!  Although... with a last name like that, one might wonder what message you are trying to convey to passers-by. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 23, 2013, 05:51:05 PM
Nice!  Although... with a last name like that, one might wonder what message you are trying to convey to passers-by.
They shall have to stop overthinking it. In this case,it WOULD be nice to have a last name like "GETLOST" or "goodbye" though... :laughhard:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on August 23, 2013, 06:25:43 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 23, 2013, 05:34:50 PM
  and a potted Mum.....

Melodya was at the store?
:laughhard: :laughhard: I said a "potted Mum", not a "pothead Mum".... 

I wish I'd had a larger budget....all these pretty fall color plants and landscaping things, and me broke.... :sadbounce: Other than the hard work aspect of it, I find I enjoy landscaping...

MelodyB

So...Last night and today have been eventful.

Kimber showed up at church last night, and we ate (and shouldnt have) Popeyes after church. I of course had heartburn all night after a meal like that. But it was worth it! I love me some Popeyes, and I got some peppers to go. :fork:

So rewind a bit, while at church, my Aunt asked me if I could cook a brisket. Of course! I can cook anything! So she gave me a NINETEEN POUND brisket and asked me to cook it for saturday. Since my Brother and his children are coming for a visit, she wants to have the whole family over to their house for a huge meal, and she asked me to cook the meat cause bro Ramsey cant stand to have meat cooked in his house...he doesnt like the smell :roll: ....so Im nominated to cook it here and take it to them there.

So...I have a brisket all thawed, trimmed, seasoned and resting in the big roaster pan. At 5am tomorrow, Im gonna drop it in the roaster base and turn it on so it can cook till noon, then Ill take it out and slice it up and take it over to the Ramseys house along with my moms famous potato salad, and my newest cake addiction that everyone wants. (Those items still have to be made tomorrow.)

We are supposed to eat at 2pm.

In other news, Dad had wound care today, and his surgeon was doing rounds, so the surgeon got to see his non-healing foot. He wants to go ahead and amputate dads left leg. Dad wants him to take half the foot instead, not the whole leg. Surgeon said no. Round and round they went till the surgeon said to make an appointment at the office and we will go from there. Still waiting on the call back from the nurse who makes the appointments.

*SIGH*

Dad called dialysis today and got in this afternoon so he wont have to go in tomorrow. He can spend the entire day with the family and not be sick from the dialysis. So hes there now, and I have to go pick him up in about 2 more hours.

Thats my share for today. And currently Im eating leftovers from the fridge cause I needed the room in there to store that huge brisket overnight. LOL Fixing to drink a glass of buttermilk cause I just suddenly had a craving for some. :yum:

That is all.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Heather

This house is ridiculous. I'm debating asking this lady if she needs a live in dog nanny.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 23, 2013, 02:14:00 PM
Sethers!!! :love2: You're alive!  :freaky2:

Yes, my beloved Fairycakes.  :freaky2:

Around 5 grand in repairs to be done on the truck....but the shop has a pretty good prognosis on it, it's mostly cosmetic, not much actual mechanical type damage. 

Praise the good Lord it's Eval Keneeval's insurance that's paying for it.

taco_harvell

I am not called to run the computer during worship to keep the right words on the wall. However, I seem to excel in the role of church bouncer/head of security. lol

Someone tried to break into the evangelist rv tonight. Thankfully someone went outside at the right moment and they took off running. I got to spend service on parking lot duty.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

Sandra - Hurray for flowers!! :bigcheese:

Heather - Can't hurt to ask them. :)

Jason - Eeks! Glad someone "happened" along just then.

Mel........ I don't really have anything to say to all that, except... *HUG*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Heather

and in turn maybe that will kill Furby!

first night sleep was good. the yowling cat woke me up a few times, but otherwise had a really good rest. the past week or so I've had crazy dreams. I blame it on lack of soda. one night I was held.captive by Dr Sweets from Bones while he killed my friends and family. Another night I was held captive by cannibalistic dancers. and another night held at gunpoint by an outraged dad not understanding why I couldn't get his daughter a milkshake (mind you this all took place at the animal hospital...). I don't know why I'm always being held captive though.......

off to cash my check and meet a friend from church for lunch. her fiance was just sent to MS on his way to Afghanistan with the guard. she's very introverted so I'm trying to be there for her. it's got to be a hard situation.

Lynx

For some reason I am up at this ghastly (for me) hour.  So I might as well start on the day's stuff.  I have a lot planned for today, but everything I need to get done can be delayed for a nap.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I. AM. ANNOYED.

I had another horrible night, as usual, heartburn, bad dreams, yadda, yadda. No big. Thats my norm. So at 5am, my alarm goes off so I can go in the kitchen and put the brisket on to cook. No big. So I get up and take care of it. After that, I fell into a blissful sleep with no dreams...for a mere 2 hours. :smirk2: THEN I see bright lights and hear "scrape, scrape, scrape, SCRAPE, SCRAPESCRAPESCRAPE!!!!" And I yelled out, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? HOLY COW!" Dad answers "Im cleaning this skillet so I can make gravy!" Then he continues to SCRAPE the skillet for another 10 minutes. I am beyond annoyed. I tell him "Please dont mess with my roasting pan" cause I know him, I have it all tight down with foil and I dont want it touched and he is the one who will open it wide open and look at it, and cut pieces off of it and I absolutely HATE HATE HATE people messing with my cooking when I know what I am doing. LEAVE IT ALONE.

Anyway. He continues to bang around in the kitchen and leave the infernal light on for another 30 mins, and after that, he is in and out and in and out with that stupid noisy powerchair, and LEAVES THE LIGHT ON!!!! Finally he isnt in the kitchen, but the light is still wade open...so I holler again "Please turn off the light!" he does, but then proceeds to the living room where he turns on a movie he rented, and of course hes half deaf so its LOUD.

I give up. I tried to doze a few times, and all I did was worry about my brisket and fume about the light and the noise.

The ONE DAY I can sleep. ONE DAY. Sheesh.

I give up.

So Im up. two hours before I would have had to be. So Ill just start laundry, and ask him ever so nicely to gather up all his trash and take it out. If he can make gravy and biscuits, he can roll out to the dumpster and take out the trash while I peel 10lbs of potatoes and make a cake and clean the kitchen. Plus I have to mop the entire apartment today. So yeah. as penance, he has to take the trash out. UGH.

/rant

Today IS going to be a good day! Family, and fun and fellowship and not to mention all the FOOD!

Yeah, I got started on the wrong foot, but I will be happy today. I CHOOSE to be happy.