News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: HeatherB link=topic=32909.msg966013#msg966013 date=

Going to housesit again this coming weekend. But only friday to sunday morning for a client from the animal hospital. She's paying me quite a lot for very little time. Plus her 3 Shih Tzu's are amazing. [They know how to poo outside!!!]
That's a good thing to know :lol:

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on August 22, 2013, 02:04:54 AM
.... her 3 Shih Tzu's are amazing. [They know how to poo outside!!!]
I know how to do that too, if necessary...but I never get called amazing.  :sadbounce: :sadbounce:

:P Well....I survived. God gave me what I needed, I spoke for 35 minutes and the church seemed to be with me. I felt good- that probably means it was a colossal flop. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

We went camping a few weekends ago. I was very proud of my being able to 'go' out in the woods. It was kind of amazing. But I'll just leave it at that  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 22, 2013, 02:49:52 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on August 22, 2013, 02:04:54 AM
.... her 3 Shih Tzu's are amazing. [They know how to poo outside!!!]
I know how to do that too, if necessary...but I never get called amazing.  :sadbounce: :sadbounce:
Yeah, just what I was thinking.  In fact, when I was a toddler mom's problem was getting me to NOT do that.  She never, not one single time, called me amazing for it. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

How in the world does a thread change topics so quickly?...and the most interesting things...

On a related note...my brother taught me how, in the woods, on the way home from school one day. The only year we went to the same school...I was in kindergarten and he was in 5th grade. When we got home and I proudly proclaimed my newly aquired skills, he got in trouble and we were not allowed to walk home thru the woods anymore.

:(

We still laugh about that to this day.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Holy Cow.

Another horrible HORRIBLE night! When I posted my last post, I had been asleep for three hours before then, and I woke up to use the bathroom and then I had to sit up cause I was coughing so bad and the burning in my throat was so intense. I threw up as well. Then came the dreams when I finally was able to go back to sleep. I have no idea what I was dreaming, all I know is I was yelling and waking myself up for the rest of the night and banging on my wall. I would wake up in mid-yell, and what I was saying never really made sense.

Its hard to explain. Im just glad to be awake.

Ive dropped dad off, went by hardees and got breakfast for me and mom, ate, and now Im fixing to clean the kitchen and go out to the Sanctuary and pray. I must need to. Even after our amazing prayer last night...I HAVE to get rid of these sleepless nights.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Morning. :hi: Thank God in heaven, my Friday has came once more.  :clap: :clap2: Unlike Seth's poor Succulent Peach, I slept really well....even after the grocery store Burrito and salsa I ate for a late dinner. But- cappuchino didn't help this morning a bit, and I've moved on to the heavier stuff, aka Dr Pepper. If it don't chase the hordes of Chinese away with the dreaded Dragon (Draggin') Butt disease, I don't know where I'll turn next. :smirk2:

Quote from: MelodyB on August 22, 2013, 10:53:51 AM
..... I was yelling and waking myself up for the rest of the night and banging on my wall. I would wake up in mid-yell, and what I was saying never really made sense.

Mel...dear friend, what you say rarely makes sense. We are used to it, so you should be too.  :hypocrite:
:P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I had some off the wall crazy dreams last night too.

I dont really know why...LOL

Merning everyone.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on August 21, 2013, 11:17:15 PM
But it didn't LITURALLY flow with milk and honey did it? I mean really! I've always taken that scripture to mean that it was a plentiful land with plenty of resources. Not that everywhere you go had rivers of milk and gobs of honey. Your body would get tired of all that richness.

Obviously.  :roll:  But God is purposeful. Nothing said is shallow or random. God could have said flourishing in vegetation, or bountiful in meat. There's a reason He said specifically milk and honey. FRESH milk is a powerful food that boosts your immune system and has proven to improve health in chronic patients.  God doesn't make mistakes or misinform. If milk was bad for you, God would not have made it a point to name that as a label for provision and health. The FACT is though that regardless if some people's bodies are not healthy enough to digest it, which few know because who drinks FRESH milk? What God has made and specifically put in a positive light is GOOD.  The variable is not a fallicy in God's Word or creation but in man. People don't take care of their bodies, that doesn't make milk bad. Man jacks up foods, that doesn't make the fresh/ original bad.

And that is my point. We can't call what God made and set as a good food to be bad just because the result of our unhealthy bodies or tampering with food makes it hard on our bodies. Lets put the blame where is belongs, not demonized God's provision.

Did u read my first post about it?  Pasteurization has been sold on a pack of lies and what makes milk hard to digest. Let alone hormones and antibiotics. We can't improve on God's creation, trying makes it worse.

Either God is so sovereign in every aspect of our lives or He's not. If I'm allergic to strawberries, it doesn't make the strawberries bad!  Lol

Roscoe

Speaking of fresh milk.....I have a gallon of fresh from the cow milk, complete with a thick cream floating on top of it, in my fridge as we speak. :fork: Lady I work with's father has a little farm and they sell fresh milk- legal in Arkansas now  :clap:- fresh eggs, farm raised completely organic chickens, ect...even make their on sorghum. I am a very good customer.  :P

Lynx

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that can replace real eggs from chickens who have been allowed to scratch around in the yard for their food.  I will not eat store bought eggs.  The yolks are too watery, the shells are paper-thin, they're just... WRONG!

On a side note though... if you're cracking real eggs and someone has slipped a store egg in the bowl, and you don't know it and crack it the same way you would crack a real egg, you will obliterate that dude.

Bobby:  Cappuccino is not as strong as Dr. Pepper?  Where are you getting your cappuccino? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on August 22, 2013, 01:49:49 PM
Speaking of fresh milk.....I have a gallon of fresh from the cow milk, complete with a thick cream floating on top of it, in my fridge as we speak. :fork: Lady I work with's father has a little farm and they sell fresh milk- legal in Arkansas now  :clap:- fresh eggs, farm raised completely organic chickens, ect...even make their on sorghum. I am a very good customer.  :P

AR just jumped some notches in my book. I am very envious, those things right there are a huge blessing.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

There is but not right in the metro and its crazy expensive. Eggs are easier to get than milk. Still worth it compared to medical costs. I already knew about organic and hormone/antibiotic free/free range and of the benefits of non-homogenized. But I only knew a bit about pasteurization until recently. Ultra pasteurized is completely worthless. I already knew anything "fortified" is a joke bc it's lab made chemicals that mimic vitamins added to foods.

Good grief. It's only by the grace of God that we don't all have cancer. Lol

Lynx

Just be sure to keep in mind what Mark Twain said.  "Be careful reading those medical journals.  You might die of a misprint."  :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Exactly. The Bible is far more advanced than science ever will be. That is my pivot. That helps me not buy into diets fads and ideas but weigh them to see why or what's what in their research, which often lacks integrity or pertinent variables like "clean" (fresh air, water, feed that falls in the first two categories, and room to move about in the daylight) farming vs. over packed stagnant farming.

Man it's so simple.

Melody

Aaaaaaanyways.....

Hey. I prayed that if my crazy neighbor's friend wasn't interested in salvation right now or is a hindrance to my neighbor, that God would remove him.  It's been awhile now of no mind numbing music blaring, no loud cussing and carrying on by the front door/ back patio and gross intense smoke. Praise The Lord!  Lol

Heather

The house I will be staying in this weekend looks like it should be on an episode of Cribs. For those of you who don't know what that is, it should be on a show in Discovery or one of those that goes through really REALLY nice custom built homes.

They have officially cut my hours at work. I'm now down to 4 days a week and barely 30 hours [which is the minimum for full time]. But I get Saturday to Monday off [no more manic mondays!!!!!  :bustamove: ] But it could make budgeting interesting especially with medical bills and wedding expenses. But I honestly knew it was coming since I've really jumped in a started paying my tithes loyally. [Tithe is always something I've struggled with since I'm always poor, but God has really showed up in my finances since I've started giving with everything I make - work and housesitting.

Now to go pack my bags.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on August 23, 2013, 12:18:03 AM
But I honestly knew it was coming since I've really jumped in a started paying my tithes loyally. [Tithe is always something I've struggled with since I'm always poor, but God has really showed up in my finances since I've started giving with everything I make - work and housesitting.
Thata girl.. I can tell you from past experience, it is cheaper to tithe than not. Being transparent, as a young man, I struggled with this issue too. Seemed like it took every dime I made to make ends meet and I justified not paying my tithes because I couldn't afford it. When Lou and I began discussing marriage, she never missed tithing. We agreed that we would strive to be faithful to God in every way, including tithing.

It wasn't long before we got tested majorly. I was making around $10/hour, clearing around $600 every two weeks. She was making substantially less, our total income was only around $1800-$2000 a month. House rent of $350, truck payment of $250, car payment of $200 ,credit card bills, and so on meant we just barely could pay tithe and eat...no extra money at all. But we were making it. We'd never been happier. For about two months.

Then the world came crashing down. I'd been sued by a former friend sometime before because I repossessed a trailer house he'd quit paying me for. Seeing he was a friend, we had no written contract, and the judge ruled I had to give him his down payment back,(around $1200).
As he'd tore up the trailer, then sued ME after diddling me over, and I was not in the best of spiritual shape, I'd simply refused to pay him. This had been a couple years prior to Lou and I dating....

Anyway, former friend went to the courthouse and did something I never thought of- he garnished my check. Suddenly the $600 paycheck was cut in half. And when I thought it couldn't get worse, Lou came home sobbing. Her company had a layoff. She was one that was let go. Just like that, we were down to a fourth of our income, and the bills wouldn't quit. My family was getting by on the skin of their teeth and couldn't help us. Hers was the same way. We tried to find part time work- nothing.
We sat at the kitchen table, looked at the bills. We had a decision. Pay the light bill and eat- or pay tithe. We couldn't do both. I'd nearly decided that we would pay the light bill. We talked about it, and decided that we would trust God. We paid tithes, and I took them to the pastor's house that night so I wouldn't change my mind.

Monday, broke, scared to death, I got a call from a friend. "Hey, Bob, are you still licensed to serve civil process papers?" Why yes. Although I hadn't done it in a long time...."I've started a business serving papers and I've more work than I can handle. Can I send you a few of these? It'll pay $40 a paper." Lord, yes.

Now, I didn't get excited because most of the time the addresses given on small claims lawsuits are wrong. The majority of people being sued seemed to have a nomadic lifestyle, and I could spend $50 in gas and only get the $40 fee....At any rate, you NEVER are able to drive to the address and find the person the first time.

Yet, for the next two months, I did just that. I got there while they were moving. While they were on lunch break. While they were picking up their last check...just in the nick of time. Every. Time. I averaged around $250 a week in "extra" money. We paid our bills and even got to go out on a date night or two.

Then I was hired at a stable  police department, making double what I had been. Lou got a job at Walmart. And the week my first check came in, the papers stopped coming. It was like no one was being sued. That's been nearly ten years ago, and I think I have served 3 civil papers since then, total.
But God provided manna in my desert, when there was no possible way things should have worked out. We didn't get behind a bit. Less than a year later, we bought our first home.

Without bragging, we've never missed a tithe payment.  Our giving has risen to over double what we intitially gave, because our income has done so as well.  Lou has gotten raises, and I have been promoted and finally moved to a job that pays more than I ever dreamed I could make without a college degree. I am convinced that it is all because two scared kids told God "We will do whatever it takes to put You first." If we hadn't, I have no doubt we would be in much worse shape now than we ever have been.

That's why, even when a day like today happens, when I find a letter from the Infernal Revenue Service telling me I owe $391 in back taxes- I thank God. I know HE will provide.

The Purple Fuzzy

We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony...

Chseeads

The reckless motorcycle man's insurance is paying for my poor truck.  Thank the Lord. 

We actually both had the same company. 

His representative today didn't just come right out and say it, but it sounds like that he was indeed simply being a moron and trying to intentionally pass me, on a curvy road in a no passing zone....  Other people that were coming up the highway said that he had been passing them too. 

He needs to be took out and beat for being an idiot.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Lynx

Seth:  Try driving in Poland and Lithuania.  There are some videos of the sport - and yes, it can be a sport - on youtube.  Everyone passes everyone, often missing the oncoming car with a mosquito's eyelash to spare.

Bobby:  You never did say, but I'm guessing that friend who sued you ain't your friend no more...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 23, 2013, 05:21:11 AM
Bobby:  You never did say, but I'm guessing that friend who sued you ain't your friend no more...
Well....for years I hated him. Would not even talk to him. After all, we had been close- he was nearly at my house more than he was his own when we were in high school. But a year or so ago, I realized that I was wrong in hating him. He and I have spoken briefly and mended fences, so to speak. I doubt there will ever be the closeness and friendship we once had, but yeah, I'd call him a friend. Life's too short to hate someone, and he or no one else is worth my soul.....