News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

*GASP* Chel and Burrito are Taking the Dive in Sharing 485!

Started by mini, July 17, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

with the expertise of Chel's father, I would've expected barbecue at the reception.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

He still calls and tells me I almost killed him that day he visited here. I sure put a hurtin' on him! lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Isaac! My brother and one of my cousins are going to General Conference this year. And I'm pretty sure my brother would like to meet the guy I made the capes for. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

What a drive. We have made it to Nagodoches, Texas......I am tarred..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

September weather is far too hot to wear those cold weather capes. I will of course be wearing my black leather "dress shoes" toe shoes.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 10, 2013, 01:21:45 AM
with the expertise of Chel's father, I would've expected barbecue at the reception.
in TX there is usually only cake & punch at a reception but Chel has always wanted a baked potato bar, so that's what she is getting.

MelodyB

A baked potato bar...that is the first Ive ever heard of that at a wedding...leave it to Chel to come up with that! LOL

Melody

I have butterflies in my stomach thinking about Chel's special day today. A baked potato bar is an awesome idea. They often have full dinners up here by never a potato bar.  Cool!

Isaac, GC is in October.  And 2yrs. ago when we went it was ridiculously freezing with wind to boot. Check the weather report. St. Louis gets colder and more snow than we do her in KC.

Lynx

Neat.  I might bring my brown cape, beige shirt, tan pants and brown toe shoes.  Or I might just wear the Merrel shoes with no toes.  :D

As for receptions, here in TN I've seen them all, from cake/punch to full dinners and everything in between.  My aunt had a chocolate fountain at her wedding reception, with strawberries, marshmallows, pineapple, pound cake squares, etc to dip in it.  After the reception she was questioning whether the chocolate fountain was a success.  I said, "Look around - every kid in the building is wearing chocolate on his shirt, and so are some of the adults.  It was a hit." :D

On the other end of the spectrum, I've helped the pastor with a wedding that was very... um... well, they didn't put any effort at all in it... and the pastor gave me some money and sent me out to Subway to get a party platter of subs for their "reception." 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

On our first wedding, our "reception" was whatever we grabbed at the Mcdonald's on the way outta town. Our second, or church wedding, we had the traditional cake, punch and those nasty little mints.....
And we are up and about. Fixing to go meet some friends for an IHOP breakfast! :clap: Lou has done told me she intends to run me around town all day, until wedding time..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

It is if you take the time to find all the thrift stores and go through all their clothes and CDs...
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

still no word on my MRI. Brandon has to now have a CT on his thyroid but bloodwork came back good. I'm housesitting for a lady my mom works with. for the next week I'm responsible for a boxer, a beagle, a Pomeranian, and 3 indoor/outdoor cats.

our wedding we are having hamburgers, hotdogs, fries and cake.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

And....it was a beautiful wedding. Just beautiful. And of course, I cried. Weddings always do that to me. Shut up, or I'll shoot you and you will cry, too. Got to shake Bro. Clarence's hand, and tormet Rat's Nest in person, well worth the drive. I loved the fact that after the vows were said, before presenting the newly weds, they called all ministers to come up and pray for them... Very cool.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 11, 2013, 01:13:53 AM
And....it was a beautiful wedding. Just beautiful. And of course, I cried. Weddings always do that to me. Shut up, or I'll shoot you and you will cry, too.
Reminds me of a line a coworker used just today.  "You'll live - I'm out of bullets."
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Heather! You can't just up and say something about your wedding without giving us a date and all.  :pound:

Would someone PLEASE post a photo of Chel? I'm stuck clear out here in Oregon, and no one is posting anything at all. *pouts better than Arabella*

MelodyB

SippinTea

How'd I miss that?!? *siiiiiigh* This having a newborn thing... well, they don't tell you that your brain completely leaves when a baby arrives. Or maybe they did but I wasn't listening. ;)

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on August 11, 2013, 01:13:53 AM
And....it was a beautiful wedding. Just beautiful. And of course, I cried. Weddings always do that to me. Shut up, or I'll shoot you and you will cry, too. Got to shake Bro. Clarence's hand, and tormet Rat's Nest in person, well worth the drive. I loved the fact that after the vows were said, before presenting the newly weds, they called all ministers to come up and pray for them... Very cool.
I just wish I'd had more time to visit with y'all.  I was so distracted before the wedding, Bobby had to come and find me.  I'm so glad he did, I'd have hated to only have seen them from across the church.

Heather

I'm completely frustrated with the housesitting situation right now. I completely understand now why the lady did not want to board her dogs. They have no issue going outside to urinate but when it comes to the other bodily function they just do that all over the house. My job title should just be poo picker upper instead this week. PLUS how does one have a fancy, newer, nicer house with a brand new GMC Terrain, a Range Rover, and a Lexus SUV in the driveway and have mold halfway up your shower curtains?!?!?! I'm thinking of stopping at the dollar store to recitify that situation. That's worse than the poo [granted I work at a vets office so my view on it may be different from everyone elses....]

Ruby-We are not officially engaged as I do not have a ring yet, but we have set a date. June 28, 2014. It'll be our 3 year anniversary so we're just gonna go ahead and get married on the same day. The reason I don't have a ring is Mr Sneaky Pants has been in cahoots with a jeweler he found of Etsy and has been designing it for a few months with them. I have no idea what it's gonna look like but it's not your typical ring is all I've been told.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

nwlife

It's been a while since I logged on.  But when I saw the post and thread, i knew I had to log on again, and say congrats Chel, may you be eternally happy! :hi:
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

MelodyB