News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

*GASP* Chel and Burrito are Taking the Dive in Sharing 485!

Started by mini, July 17, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Im no longer mad at my brother. I knew I wouldnt be...5 mins after he walked in the door I was too busy laughing at his remarks making fun of Moms dog to stay mad at him.

We had a great day and I still want to swim, but its stormed all day so I know Im not missing out...hes not getting to swim either. LOL
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Backseat Radio

been a day for me.  Started off with oversleeping and being 21 minutes late to work.  :sadbounce:  Our shelf resets that we're suppose to do on the weekend didn't come thru on the computer system today which means Sunday and Monday will be horrid trying to crash get them done in time for Tuesday new releases.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  Might well go to the Apostolic church tomorrow rather than my normal church.

MelodyB

Backseat Radio

Lynx

Newsman was afflicted with most of my family tonight.  I had already determined to show him a great local restaurant, because he said he likes catfish - and come to find out the family was planning to go eat tonight anyway.  So instead of one nut, he had a bunch of them to contend with.  He fell right in though, and gave as good as he got. 

Now to get to bed before my system's caffeine level bottoms out.  Tomorrow is church homecoming at my church (does Newsman have great timing or what?) and it's always a great time.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Lynx

I will have to admit though... twice at supper I had to ask Newsman who's side he was on.  He kept taking my Grandma's side in an argument. 

He often misses stuff in the sharing thread, so...  :pound: :pound: Newsman.  There, a :pound: for each time.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

We're up and I'm making muffins. After wondering around to a few different churches because Brandon wanted to check them out, we are BOTH headed 'home' today. Friends of mine started a new work up the road in Saltville VA. We went to their opening services and Bro Ketron [my pastor] preached. Brandon talked the whole way home how he'd missed hearing him preach/teach and how much he liked him. So YAY!!!! Plus I have pinched my last pennies [some literally] to be able to afford eating at my favorite Mexican restraunt today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Re: penny pinching - "He squeezed a dollar bill so hard, Washington got buck teeth!"
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Excellent preaching this morning from Bro Greg Hurley. Fire has to fall on the altar before the rains of revival can come. Had a super awkward moment after service when I was talking to my friend Sasha. She was up front praying and her 4 year old was getting rambunctious. So I got Noelle to come to me and we went to her seat to find her dry cheerios. Sasha was thanking me for giving her some time alone and this odd lady who comes to church there asked me if I was practicing for when I had my baby since I was obviously pregnant. After a beat I just said 'no sister thats just fat' and kept on going. I've never heard Sasha laugh so hard in my life.

Even though I don't have a ring yet, plans are in motion for a June wedding next year. Anyone want to come?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

I would like to!

So far Ive only made it to one GP wedding though. :smirk2:

MelodyB

Ive pulled a muscle or something in my back.

My brother and his family went to church and headed home today. They didnt stay for lunch...they seemed to be RUNNING for the door of the church as soon as they could. We had a dinner in the fellowship hall that turned out great, and then I came in and napped a bit. Now I just took some tylonal and Im waiting for it to kick in so I can clean the kitchen up, soak some beans for tomorrow with a leftover ham bone, and make myself a meatball sub for dinner now. 

Lynx

Please be careful Melody.  Covering the pain with a pill can cause you to do more damage and not be aware of it.  I know it's up to you to do the cleanup, cooking, etc, and you gotta do what you gotta do... just be careful.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Been an odd day.  Walked out of service this morning at a church I've been visiting cause of how I reacted to what was being preached.  Was planning to go back to my home church tonight till I got sick.  Then I ended up on the phone for almost 2 hours having a Bible discussion with the pastor of the church I was at this morning.  Fighting a headache now.

MelodyB

Oh I know. And Im against taking too many pain pills. I have seen first hand what damage it can do to people and their families.

Im done now, and I didnt do too much. Luckily the kitchen was still fairly decent, so I just straightened up, prepared the beans and made my sandwich.

Im done for the night now and the way I feel, I will be going to bed by 9 possibly. I have a babysitting job tomorrow. My Kira and O Bug! Yay!

Lynx

Well... yes, pain pills have side effects.  But I was talking about moving in a way your back doesn't want, and it doesn't hurt because the pain is blocked, so you keep doing stuff your damaged back really doesn't want you to do because the warnings of further damage are being blocked by the pain pills.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I knew what you meant too... thats why I said I didnt do too much and Im done now. :)

Lynx

I believe I've mentioned that since I gave these forum nuts my phone number, it's a really good thing I have an unlimited talk/text plan.  I will now restate this.  It is a really, really, REALLY good thing I have unlimited talk/text.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Well...True to my word, Im going to bed. Its 23 after 9.

Goodnight.

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow. Less than two weeks until the wedding. This coming week I have to make cakes for the shower & then next week I have to make the wedding cake & grooms cake. :o

Lynx

Speaking of the groom's cake...  Holly, a lady some of you might remember from the old chat days, got married last year.  I went up to Kentucky to attend it, and to run the slideshow and audio at the reception.  I also wound up helping in the kitchen, because at church dinners that's where I am. 

There was a beautiful wedding cake, the standard sherbet/ginger ale punch, some mixed nuts, those mints that dissolve in your mouth... and a smaller orange flavored cake with buttercreme frosting.  The lady who was telling the other two of us what to do found it, sliced it and served it before the bride and groom got there.  I didn't know much about the whole thing and apparently neither did anyone else in the kitchen, but this elder lady came in and started asking "where's the groom's cake?"  Uh... what groom's cake?  Uh oh.

Fortunately there was one lone slice left, so I confiscated it and saved it for the groom.  Unfortunately he said he was still so nervous about the wedding that his stomach was in knots and he doubted he could eat it anyway.  But that lady kept muttering in the corner about what a shame it was, the groom's cake being served before he even got there. 
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Up and at em!

After further pain and suffering during the night, and a few other symptoms, I have come to the conclusion that I most likely have a UTI. :smirk2:

So Im up earlier than I was going to be, so I can go ahead and get dressed and stop by the store on the way to my babysitting gig and get a couple of gallons of pure cranberry juice.

That always works, and if I can choke down a whole gallon today, and a half more the next two days, I can prolly flush this thing out...Pun intended. :flush:

Have a great day yall!

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio