Eway Aymay Eavelay Omesay Ehindbay inyay Aringshay 479

Started by mini, February 16, 2013, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Yay Roscoe!  I bet that was fun, especially with the accents and all.

Went to a mini-Ladies conf. Kim Sciscoe preached.  Got me a blessing and a Word to last me till it doesn't need to anymore. 

We went out to eat afterwards.  Blah, I always remember afterwards why I'm not crazy about eating out. 

I think I shall go attack hug Nathan just to see his reaction.  He's falling asleep reading.

Lynx

I have ordered so many things from ebay and amazon that if a shipment did fail to arrive I probably wouldn't notice.  Not that I'm spending a lot of money (none of it is expensive except the Merrell shoes) but the sheer number of bits is hard to keep track of. 

MellowYellow the food is always better at home.  Unless you went out to eat at Fatz, in which case the food is about as good as if you ate at home.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Yep, that's me.  I think its ear was just flopped over. 

I don't know who the girl on the left is.  The girl to my right, in the red, is my (2nd) cousin, I don't know who the girl next to her is, the next boy was the assistant pastor's (sorta is what he was, I don't know if he had that title or not) son, and the one on the end was the pastor's great nephew.

Went to church, came home.  We had the Deckers, missionaries to Panama tonight.

Newsman

Lynx

Newsman you oughta go to General Conference this year so I'll have someone I've never met but already know that I can meet there. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on March 03, 2013, 03:36:13 AM
Good for you little brother. Any time you can make a profit and still come home with new stuff, you are doing great!!!  Did you end up taking Cheyenne with you, and if so, did SHE have fun?    :)
Quote from: MelodyB on March 03, 2013, 04:05:43 AM
Who kept Chey?
Lou's Mama was kind enough to keep her, and in return, Lou brought Chey's two little cousins home last night.
And Isaac, we didn't talk much because this weekend was a contest weekend in which stations try to collect rewards from the ARRL for talking to the most stations in different areas. So most of the contacts were limited to giving callsigns and locations....still cool to know that I could communicate with someone that far away with a fifty watt radio and a piece of copper wire strung between two trees. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on March 03, 2013, 12:51:25 PM
Good for you little brother. Any time you can make a profit and still come home with new stuff, you are doing great!!!  Did you end up taking Cheyenne with you, and if so, did SHE have fun?    :)
Who kept Chey?
Lou's Mama was kind enough to keep her, and in return, Lou brought Chey's two little cousins home last night.
And Isaac, we didn't talk much because this weekend was a contest weekend in which stations try to collect rewards from the ARRL for talking to the most stations in different areas. So most of the contacts were limited to giving callsigns and locations....still cool to know that I could communicate with someone that far away with a fifty watt radio and a piece of copper wire strung between two trees. :P

Yeah.  Amazing.

Not like a feller could pick up the phone and do something like that.

:P

Going to church shortly.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on March 03, 2013, 01:43:24 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on March 03, 2013, 12:51:25 PM
Who kept Chey?

Yeah.  Amazing.

Not like a feller could pick up the phone and do something like that.

Going to church shortly.
:pound: :pound: Go pay your bill after a phone call like that. Mine is free....well, as soon as the cost of the equipment is absorbed.  :lol: But in my defense on that note, I think I'm out less than $300 for everything I have, thanks to savvy shopping and horse trading.. :freaky2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

But you can't call anyone you want on that equipment, only people who have a radio setup.  And if everyone got one, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth for everyone to have separate conversations, not on the scale the current cell phone network supports...

Hush Isaac, put the nerd analysis up...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 03, 2013, 02:46:25 PM
But you can't call anyone you want on that equipment, only people who have a radio setup.  And if everyone got one, there wouldn't be enough bandwidth for everyone to have separate conversations, not on the scale the current cell phone network supports...

Hush Isaac, put the nerd analysis up...
That is why ham radio is ONLY for the elite few.... :hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

Also, if things go down, he'll be able to communicate when other modes of communication will no longer work.

Kim

Do I sense someone picking on my little brother? :nono:

Roscoe

Heather

We're back from our getaway!! And much against what apparently everyone I worked with thought no we did not get married. lol.

Plus we're back in time for church. So I gotta go get ready and I'll catch ya'll up later.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on March 03, 2013, 05:12:25 PM
Quote from: Kim on March 03, 2013, 04:50:56 PM
Do I sense someone picking on my little brother? :nono:
:teeth: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :teeth:  :thumbsup2:

:hypocrite:

Your senses must be dull if this is the first time you've noticed that. LOL

:hypocrite:

w2cchas

Eating a taco bowl.

MelodyB

Went to church, staff meeting, lunch at Chinese Buffett and back home.

Nap time now. :sleep:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Heather

Home from church. Amazing, awesome service. Now I know why we were back in time. Service turned into one of those that the pastor was calling certain people to the front. One of those where you stand in the back going 'not me. not me. not me.' Then he tells the lady standing beside you to bring you to the front because he doesn't know your name yet. Then he pretty much tells you everything you've been struggling with and praying about and that God has your answers. So yea......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Chseeads

Well. 

Ended up going to church at Shiloh after a bit of a runaround.

Came home.

Stuff.

Melody

Yay Heather! :highfive:

Nathan's co-worker last week.  7 were baptized today. 

Pastor preached old school today.  I love that I have a pastor that preaches the whole Word and not just basics all the time and not just grace with no depth.  We get the whole kit and kaboodle.  :)

MelodyB

Made some lemonade. Supposed to be a copycat recipe to CFA lemonade, it's good but not quite the same.

Kim

My senses aren't dull,  just thought i should try to stick up for him a little bit.   He seems to be pretty capable of handling all the things ya'll say to him.  He usually replies before i have a chance to.  And by the way, Bobby, where are the horns that hold that halo up?   :biglaugh:

Lynx

Sis. Kim we are depending on you to tell embarrassing stories about Roscoe.  So far all you have done is defend him.   :nono:
"Do you sing at church?"