News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

*UPDATE* Extreme Stress in our life aka Urgent prayer needed *UPDATE*

Started by Scott, September 20, 2012, 05:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Do keep us posted though.  Tried Craigslist?  I know you surely have, but I had to mention it just in case.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Scott

They are almost always African Missionaries so you can trust them.  :roll: So send them your money   :freaky2: and they will mail you the keys and paperwork over night mail.  :noo:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Update:

Two days and we are homeless.

We've been calling and emailing landlords and very few are calling or emailing back. One told me that this was a hard month because of school start ups etc...

We had a shot at a trailer, but that fell through.

It looks like we will be putting things in storage and staying at a motel for a while. Several complexes have open dates for 11/1 and we will be looking into that.

Please keep praying.

Thanks

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Actually I was just about to ask what was happening on the home front.  Hunted up this thread and you had just posted. 

Sorry to hear that though... motel stays can be expensive.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

RainbowJingles

Scott

We just left a building that wants to bring us in as the caretakers of one 24 apartment unit.  We would only have to do 30 hours per week of work for 33% off the rent.  Vacuum halls, clean windows, laundry room, shovel and salt walks.

We will know tomorrow if they decide to hire us, if they do, they might let us use their guest suite for a few weeks until we can move into the Unit.  A lady that used to attend our church works there and spoke up for us. So with some luck, prayer and help from God the crisis may be coming to a close.

Nothing set in stone yet, but I did sign the rental agreement today.

The Never Ending Battle

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

RainbowJingles

Scott

They are trying to get us approved, but the move in date is 11-15 and if approved they will try to get us an okay to use a guest suite until the 11-15.

A backslider from our church works there and spoke highly of me.

*fingers crossed and prayer going up*

Again, not approved, anything can happen. Basically they are basing it on using my son as the caretaker. I don't know how many people are in the running, I am just waiting.

The Never Ending Battle

Newsman

angel

Praying that everything will work out. Amazed at God's timeing. I pray your health improves.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Scott

We are approved for the buildilng job and apartment.  We are 3 weeks away from being able to move in. Right now we are working on getting a temp place to stay. We have at week set up right now at a place, should work out for now.

The Never Ending Battle

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

RainbowJingles

Praise GOD!!  Continuing praying for God's direction and intervention in the interim.

Niki

I was just coming here to ask you how things were and to let you know that I thought of you and your family recently and prayed for you. But then I saw that I had missed a couple updates and that y'all had found a job and a place to stay. I'm so glad!
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

Scott

1.) My wife got robbed of $30.00 that we saved out for gas, leaving me stranded with little gas.  A few hours later someone called and told me to drive to a gas station and hand phone to manager. He paid $30 for gas

2.) We had no money to pay for the next weeks rent at the motel, someone called me and gave us a check for the rent

3.) Money was very tight, didn't know when could get groceries or survive, someone handed me $100.00 via a hand shake at church

4.) We moved in to the guest suite at the complex, they gave us a huge discount

5.) The complex is giving us the entire month of November rent free

It has been an interesting month of highs and lows, but God is God.

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Maybe God is trying to prove you can trust him, in a way that you can prove to yourself and lean on later.  So many highs and lows in such a short time seems abnormal otherwise.
"Do you sing at church?"

Niki

When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 01, 2012, 07:50:24 PM
Maybe God is trying to prove you can trust him, in a way that you can prove to yourself and lean on later.  So many highs and lows in such a short time seems abnormal otherwise.

*sigh*

Trust me, at my age and as much as we've been through over the last 28 years of marriage and two children... we already know.....

The Never Ending Battle

Newsman

The Purple Fuzzy