Someday I dream of...

Started by Lynx, April 02, 2011, 08:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I guess this is as good a place to put this thread as any.  What do you someday hope to do, hope to have or hope to experience?

As the originator of this thread I claim the right to go first.

Someday I dream of having a house with a big yard.  In this yard will be all manner of fruit and nut bearing trees:  Pecan, peach, pear, cherry, apple, you name it.   Around the edge of the yard will be blackberry, red raspberry and muscadine vines as a border.  Signs in the yard will welcome anyone to take whatever is in season, with maybe a signpost with interchangeable slots for listing what is in season at the time.  Also on the signpost will be a request to not climb any trees and a disclaimer that if someone does climb a tree and breaks something I cannot be held accountable. 

This will be a place for everyone to come pick anything and as much as they want, but it should not be in the middle of a big neighborhood where neighborhood boys will climb trees and break their necks despite the signs.  It should be maybe two miles outside of town, where people can get to it easily but kids cannot on their own get to it easily.

I would have fruit trees and blackberry/muscadine vines because I know from experience that after you get them fairly started they are low maintenance.  It won't cost me much time to take care of it, and it will bring enjoyment to everyone.  I will probably have to stock up on wasp spray though.  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Nobody else has any dreams?  Or just nothing you want to share?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

heaven...   :cloud9:

but until then.. Yes. a house with a big yard for a garden and a goat, well maybe 2 goats until the kids are grown.

I also dream of traveling the world to do something for God.  Nathan dreams of building churches, I think there would be something I could help with if I tagged along. 

Babs

I'm living my dream, was time.

Only one dream left, to wake up in heaven one day. Today my life is complete. :)
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Ashlee

Someday I dream of being out of debt. Being finished with college and have a good part time career that assists with bills and still gives me plenty of time with my family. That is my most important dream. Having a family. A husband and kids. Being a housewife wouldn't bother me in the least bit.

Until then I'm working...a lot. Trying to provide for myself and keep busy and be happy with the little things in life.

Heather

I dream of being out of debt.

I dream of having a vehicle that fully functions.

I dream of having a house and  land in the country. A couple of cats. Maybe a dog. Possibly a husband  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

I dream of a self sustaining home, with solar and wind power etc. and enough acres to garden and have room for family if they wanted to come.

Lynx

And a springhouse, to replace the fridge that might or might not break down any day.  But who makes springhouses these days?

I was thinking about a springhouse just last night.  Funny this thread should pop up today.
"Do you sing at church?"