News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

*UPDATE* Extreme Stress in our life aka Urgent prayer needed *UPDATE*

Started by Scott, September 20, 2012, 05:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Due to circumstances beyond our control, health problems, and job losses our family will be homeless in just about 14 days.

Needless to say we are frustrated and stressed out beyond belief.

We have tried to get help from the county but they refuse to help us! Why? My wife recently found a temp / contract job. There is a good chance it will go perm. But I have not had an  income in over two years and am working on my disability claim, my wife had been unemployed for 2/3rds of the last 2 years.

All I am asking is that you pray for our family.

I have not lost my faith in God - I know what the bible says about provision.

What I am interested in is this part  ''Where two or more are gathered in my name...."

"Is there any sick among you, let them call on the elders of the church....''

"The effectual fervent prayer of the righteous......''

So I am asking simply... will  you pray with us and for us?

Yes?  No?

And Seth *glares* no sass!

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

The Purple Fuzzy

Scott

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

Praying.  Looking forward to hearing testimony.

Chseeads

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Scott

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

The Never Ending Battle

RainbowJingles

The hardest part of the testimony is the "test" part...  praying.  In JESUS' Name!

Niki

Praying! "God specializes in things that seem impossible."
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

IowaSkirtGirl

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

He's provided shelter for me TWICE when I've been looking at homelessness. I know my God can do it for you too! I'm praying with you and yours Scott.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Odd.  You get to know a person by what he posts on a forum and you think you know him, then something like this happens and you find out you don't really know much at all about him...

Will be praying.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 21, 2012, 05:13:06 AM
Odd.  You get to know a person by what he posts on a forum and you think you know him, then something like this happens and you find out you don't really know much at all about him...

Will be praying.

Dealing with a pancreatic issue that put me out of work two years ago. When FMLA ran out my short term disability insurance refused to pay the coverage, even though the doctors are the ones who put me out of work. When I got ready to file the appeal, my employer canned me to keep me from doing that. I've been sans an income for two years. During that time my wife lost her job, took a temp job, that ended and she was out of work for almost 9 months.  As of today she has a full time perm job.

We have to move 10/01 and well - that is where the stress kicks in.

Meanwhile, gotta continue praying, teaching bible studies, teaching my classes at church and doing what we need to do for the kingdom.

The Never Ending Battle

mini

Praying for you and with you.  I so wish there was more that I could do.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Newsman

Scott

So far we have been provided with the First Months rent for when we find a place. (Partial answer to prayer.)

Now we need provision for the deposit AND a place to live.

Tomorrow we will be looking in to a sub-let on a condo  - a very nice condo. 

The problem is that the only people responding to us are either scammers or apartments in gangland areas of town.

Today is the 26th and the 1st is just a few days away... trying to remain positive.

The Never Ending Battle

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Newsman

The Purple Fuzzy

Was praying for you on the way to work this morning.  Hope things are working out.

Scott

GRRR

Looked at a condo last night, they said price was negotiable. YEAH RIGHT! If we didn't want to do stuff like buy groceries, pay tithes, put gas in the car and minor things like that we could afford his price.

The Never Ending Battle

RainbowJingles

:pound: the "price is negotiable" guy for Scott

Still praying.