News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

anit-virus programs

Started by rootbeer, July 19, 2009, 09:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rootbeer

I downloaded the free version of AVG and now my computer seems to be slower; is there a connection?  Does anybody know of a better free anti-virus program?
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

Robert Williams

I've used AVG for awhile now, but just recently downloaded 8.5 for Vista.  It started acting funny and suddenly AVG fails to launch when my system starts up, but I'm also unable to uninstall or repair the installation for some reason.  I've tried to redownload and install to no avail.

Sorry this doesn't help with your question, but it does let you know that you're not the only one having problems with the program.  I had a nice registry cleaner program that was good at taking stuff like this off the computer....if I can just find it..

RW

B

Quote from: rootbeer on July 19, 2009, 09:52:11 PM
I downloaded the free version of AVG and now my computer seems to be slower; is there a connection?  Does anybody know of a better free anti-virus program?

Installing any security software is going to cause your computer to run slower than before it was installed, because the software has to check everything in real-time as you are working. If it's annoyingly slow, it may be worth checking into a different piece of software.

B