8 (26.7%)
Human
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Jallen

To use the East Texas vernacular ... "Why're they doin' y'all that'a way?"

Jallen

Quote from: Sis on March 16, 2009, 07:35:23 PM
BUT there ARE those who refuse to try to get along. They WANT to be "prickly" and they thrive on discord. It's hard to break through to these people because their mind is made up. Trouble is, they're so sweet to others. They pick and choose who they want to  be rude to or bully, if you will.

Or worse yet, the people who turn on you. Acted like your friend, then turned for some reason and blabbed everything you said in confidence because you thought  they were a friend.  I've even had some who PRETENDED to be your friend, and turned like that. They have even put down the others around then get you to say something, then go back to the others and tell what one thing you said. They don't tell what  THEY said. And I don't betray confidences, so I haven't said anything, either. Just took the lumps and cried about the mess they created.
I see... so you're quick to trust people.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: SippinTea on March 16, 2009, 07:41:18 PM
I know what she means.

Do I EVER know what she means! :lol:

*mumbles about being ever so thankful for her PC*

:beret:

Maybe it's a female thing??? :lol:  Seeing as how we both understand without the details...lol   

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Jallen on March 16, 2009, 07:39:23 PM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 16, 2009, 07:13:42 PM
My sister has always tried to set me up with apostolic men; but so far the experiences have me thinking that single may be the best state-of-being...so far!!! ;) Scary!!! :o  But then my sister is a bit older than me and our taste in men run a little differently...lol  Although, I will admit that she caught a good one when she married her husband...LOL
I've heard several women make the same complaint. Not sure what that means...

You mean to say that you have never met an apostolic lady that made you want to run quickly in an opposite direction!!?? ;) :biglaugh:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Jallen

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 16, 2009, 07:59:36 PM
Maybe it's a female thing??? :lol:  Seeing as how we both understand without the details...lol   
No, I understood what you were saying, several women have told me similar stories... what I can't understand is why a woman's friends and family members would try to set her up with someone who is (dare I actually say it?) "beneath" her. (strictly speaking on a marriageability scale)

Jallen

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 16, 2009, 08:01:38 PM
You mean to say that you have never met an apostolic lady that made you want to run quickly in an opposite direction!!?? ;) :biglaugh:
There was one time.. it still hurts me to think about it. I was visiting a friend's church and they wanted to introduce me to someone. I was a little annoyed by the whole thing and when I saw her I wasn't impressed. I didn't mean for it to, but I could tell by her facial expression my displeasure showed. In an instant, without a word said, her feelings were hurt and I was ashamed of myself... still am. From then on I always keep a guard up when being introduced to avoid that scenario again.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Jallen on March 16, 2009, 08:03:12 PM
No, I understood what you were saying, several women have told me similar stories... what I can't understand is why a woman's friends and family members would try to set her up with someone who is (dare I actually say it?) "beneath" her. (strictly speaking on a marriageability scale)

Ahhh...
More than likely they didn't see that person really well!!!  In my sister's case she often overlooks things; I think because she has a big heart!!!  But then I have always had a spirit of discernment about me....that is when I'm allowing God to lead in all areas...sometimes I miss judge people, or I judge them too harshly!!!  Most of the time I'm a pretty good judge of character!!

Plus humans are sometimes good at pretending to be what they really aren't...LOL ;)   Mainly I don't want a "Professional Pentecostal" man... I think that most people understand that term? I want a man where God's spirit really dwells in his heart.... and God's truth shows in his walk!!!    

Jallen

I don't think "Professional Pentecostals" know what they're missing.

SippinTea

*giggle* I'm thinkin' you might be right.

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 16, 2009, 08:14:13 PM
Ahhh...
More than likely they didn't see that person really well!!!  In my sisters case she often overlooks things; I think because she has a big heart!!!  But then I have always had a spirit of discernment about me....that is when I'm allowing God to lead in all areas...sometimes I miss judge people, or I judge them too harshly!!!  Most of the time I'm a pretty good judge of character!!

Plus humans are sometimes good at pretending to be what they really aren't...LOL ;)   Mainly I don't want a "Professional Pentecostal" man... I think that most people understand that term? I want a man where God's spirit really dwells in his heart.... and God's truth shows in his walk!!!    

Good post.

The other issue I saw come into play in my own life was when well-meaning friends and family sensed I was lonely, and tried to 'help' me not be lonely anymore. It didn't work, because they often didn't really know what makes me tick, and (obviously!!) had no idea what kind of man I enjoy being around. :updown: I often wondered what made them think they knew me so well. It was only too apparent they didn't. :smirk2:

Oh well. I don't have to worry about that anymore. :pwink: Thank God!! :lol:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

RainbowJingles

:highfive: Ruby and :hyper: about not worrying about things like that anymore

:chairspin:

Assuredbyfaith

Elona, Deb says "HI" and  she wants to know when your coming to TX?   :biglaugh:

Sis

Quote from: Jallen on March 16, 2009, 07:44:37 PM
BUT there ARE those who refuse to try to get along. They WANT to be "prickly" and they thrive on discord. It's hard to break through to these people because their mind is made up. Trouble is, they're so sweet to others. They pick and choose who they want to  be rude to or bully, if you will.

Or worse yet, the people who turn on you. Acted like your friend, then turned for some reason and blabbed everything you said in confidence because you thought  they were a friend.  I've even had some who PRETENDED to be your friend, and turned like that. They have even put down the others around then get you to say something, then go back to the others and tell what one thing you said. They don't tell what  THEY said. And I don't betray confidences, so I haven't said anything, either. Just took the lumps and cried about the mess they created.
I see... so you're quick to trust people.

Nope. Not at all. But I DO give people a lot of room.

sunlight

There have been people at work that I have befriended. People that can't get along with anyone else. I've had people ask me how I can stand them. I've been told that I can get most anyone to like me.

:sigh: maybe one day I will be more like you and learn to do that.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: SippinTea on March 16, 2009, 08:45:37 PM

Good post.

The other issue I saw come into play in my own life was when well-meaning friends and family sensed I was lonely, and tried to 'help' me not be lonely anymore. It didn't work, because they often didn't really know what makes me tick, and (obviously!!) had no idea what kind of man I enjoy being around. :updown: I often wondered what made them think they knew me so well. It was only too apparent they didn't. :smirk2:

Oh well. I don't have to worry about that anymore. :pwink: Thank God!! :lol:

God save us from well meaning family and friends...lol   Although, without them my sister wouldn't have met her husband; as I'm sure that others wouldn't have met their spouses!  LOL  Although, you would think that friends and family would be a little more understanding when it comes to what you would like in a guy!!!   :smirk2:

upcchris

How could they be if you don't draw up a list of requirements? j/k ;)

If I had to pick just one thing that I look for in a guy, just narrowing it down to one requirement for a potential life partner....apart from the obvious (same faith)

It would have to be someone who is kind.

Someone who is a genuinely and unpretentiously kind-hearted man.

I was thinking about it the other day and that one quality struck me as the quality I'm most attracted to.

Some modicum of physical attraction is also, regrettably, necessary
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

nwlife

Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

Newsman

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: upcchris on March 22, 2009, 11:25:22 AM
How could they be if you don't draw up a list of requirements? j/k ;)

If I had to pick just one thing that I look for in a guy, just narrowing it down to one requirement for a potential life partner....apart from the obvious (same faith)

It would have to be someone who is kind.

Someone who is a genuinely and unpretentiously kind-hearted man.

I was thinking about it the other day and that one quality struck me as the quality I'm most attracted to.

Some modicum of physical attraction is also, regrettably, necessary

I have a list of requirements....LOL It's just that friends, and family want me to be happy(married) that they sometimes want to over look those things that they think that I could live without!  I'm not sure that there are somethings that I could just overlook though... :smirk2:  I'm trying to be open to God's will....because I'm sure that we see things differently....  :updown:

iridiscente

"I do, could it be that's a phrase you thought never could faze you well, baby, you'd better hold on tight!"
Harry Connick Jr. vicariously through Sir Chairspin.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 02, 2009, 07:55:18 PM
Here's an idea for you. :hypocrite:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6564990&page=1

Woman on a Mission to Marry in 52 Weeks
Neenah Pickett Launches Web Site to Help Her Find a Husband in a Year

Lots of people made New Year's resolutions this week, but Neenah Pickett is really a woman on a mission -- a mission to find a husband in 2009.

Neenah Pickett is determined to meet her future spouse by year's end.Pickett, a 42-year-old media consultant from New Jersey, launched a Web site Thursday called www.52weeks2findhim.com to help her meet her future mate by next New Year's Eve.

cont...

This was in the news again today.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/04/22/love.on.a.deadline/index.html?iref=t2test_livingwed

Sis

I wonder how she's doing with her search!