Human
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 28

The Purple Fuzzy

Here's an idea for you. :hypocrite:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6564990&page=1

Woman on a Mission to Marry in 52 Weeks
Neenah Pickett Launches Web Site to Help Her Find a Husband in a Year

Lots of people made New Year's resolutions this week, but Neenah Pickett is really a woman on a mission -- a mission to find a husband in 2009.

Neenah Pickett is determined to meet her future spouse by year's end.Pickett, a 42-year-old media consultant from New Jersey, launched a Web site Thursday called www.52weeks2findhim.com to help her meet her future mate by next New Year's Eve.

cont...

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Some ppl dont need 52 weeks. 4 days will do. *cough*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

iridiscente

If you meet the right person it doesn't always take very long.

MelodyB

I guess havent met him yet.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Amelia Bedelia

just stamp "desperate" across herself why doesn't she

wish her the best.... after 42yrs hasn't she realized single is less hassle anyway?

RainbowJingles

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 02, 2009, 07:55:18 PM
Here's an idea for you. :hypocrite:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6564990&page=1

Woman on a Mission to Marry in 52 Weeks
Neenah Pickett Launches Web Site to Help Her Find a Husband in a Year

Lots of people made New Year's resolutions this week, but Neenah Pickett is really a woman on a mission -- a mission to find a husband in 2009.

Neenah Pickett is determined to meet her future spouse by year's end.Pickett, a 42-year-old media consultant from New Jersey, launched a Web site Thursday called www.52weeks2findhim.com to help her meet her future mate by next New Year's Eve.

cont...

Hmmm...  I wonder if, once she's finished with that website if I could borrow the URL?  :ponders:

Maybe I should start before the end of the year, though.

Let's see...  what should be my URL?

64yearstofindhim?

Newsman

Chseeads

Quote from: iridiscente on December 25, 2008, 06:39:27 AM
I just get mouthy and obnoxious under pressure.

Wow...I guess you must be under pressure all the time.  :smirk2:

iridiscente

Quote from: Chseeads on January 06, 2009, 08:21:40 PM
Quote from: iridiscente on December 25, 2008, 06:39:27 AM
I just get mouthy and obnoxious under pressure.

Wow...I guess you must be under pressure all the time.  :smirk2:
:smirk747:
I think I need to make a shirt that says "self destructs under pressure."

EricShane

lol.. Dina's obnoxious mouth, is a quality! I think shes awesome, she always makes me laugh!!  :great:

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

upcchris

Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

RainbowJingles

Quote from: EricShane on January 07, 2009, 02:44:34 AM
lol.. Dina's obnoxious mouth, is a quality! I think shes awesome, she always makes me laugh!!  :great:

Yup.  It's a quality, alright.  We're just not sure what KIND of quality it is.  :bigcheese:

iridiscente

I'm pretty sure it's a negative one.

upcchris

I know the irritation of the 'you're next' routine...it almost sounds like a threat...and if they're not being prophetic, then why bother saying it? Do they know for sure that I will be the next person, amongst all the attendees of the wedding, that will get married...the art of wishful thinking at its best....*sigh* But if they are being prophetic...that's another matter entirely.

Ok I don't mind all *that* much...more often than not, it's amusing...but not if they try to set you up with someone....that's when the amusement ceases abruptly and irritaion and embarrassment sets in....but that rarely happens (if it's ever happened at all)

The best course of action in any an every situation is to pray.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Sis

Before I met Stevebert, my dad would keep saying I needed a man in my life and that I needed to get married. I wasn't dating at the time. I was concentrating on everything else BUT men.

I finally got mad and said, "I'm not dating anyone right now, what do you want me to do, go down to [Main} Street and pick someone out and say, "I have to get married, my dad said so?" 

He quit bothering me about it after that.

Dew-Ax-238

I am tired of looking, I think,  you know when your over 40  you just kind of give up. :-?
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Assuredbyfaith

I don't think that you should give up hope....if that's your thing!!   My sister just got married to a very, very nice guy that has really been a blessing to her and our whole family!!!  She turned............ *shhhhh.... don't let her know that I told you her age*  ...... forty the year she married!!! *pssst..... that was two years ago*  :hypocrite:   I think that God has a very unique sense-of -humor when it comes to finding the right one....if you trust in him to consider the desires of your heart, and are faithful to him; I know that he is faithful to keep his promises!  He cares regardless of where we are at in our lives!!!  He has a plan.....some how I have a feeling that something very special, or should I say that someone very special is coming my way....  I keep getting people saying that God has laid a certain thought, in other words; the answer to my prayers on their hearts!   

I know some people especially the world think it's kinda weird to wait, in other words, to not settle for less than what you expect when your starting to push the age issue!! Not that anyone has a right to decide what's pushing the age limit...lol WHY should there be a limit?   There are no limits to LOVE!!!

Besides why should we settle for just anything?? :smirk2:  I don't want some guy sitting at home playing gameboy while I work to provide for me and the family!!!  Sorry I see too many women marrying boys that want to just sit it out on the sofa!!!  ALL, because they don't want to be alone!!!!    I want a man!!!!!   I don't see anything wrong with the women having a job to help out; now days it almost takes two incomes to get anywhere!!!   But a man sitting at home while the women works two jobs to keep things together....I DON"T THINK SO!!! :-?

I get a lot of pressure at work to start dating guys that aren't in church, and don't have lifestyles like mine!!!  None of my friends or coworkers see anything wrong with settle for something just too have someone! :frustrated:

"Because, your not getting any younger!!!"  :P WHATEVER  To me age is not an issue...of course that is if you can find a guy the will act his age...lol ;)

Heaven help us....if your single there must be something wrong with you, right?   WHATEVER..... Hello, I don't want to settle for a jerk just because I'm alone!!!  LOL   It's like people seem to think that you can't be happy being alone!!!!  Life doesn't just start when you get married....although, hopefully getting married improves your life(IF you waited for the "right one")..LOL

I would rather be single and happy than married and unhappy!!!

I"m alive!!!!  I'm single!!!  Sometimes, I'm happy!  Sometimes, I'm not!!!  My life is in God's hands!!!

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Sis

Good post and all true. Don't settle. You'd be asking for heartaches if you do.

iridiscente

I wish I could copy and paste that to a few particular people without it being taken the wrong way!

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

CDAGeek

Quote from: iridiscente on March 04, 2009, 11:55:33 PM
I wish I could copy and paste that to a few particular people without it being taken the wrong way!

I'm tempted to print it off, glue it to a 2x4, and smack a certain friend of mine upside the head with it.

RainbowJingles

lol  geek.  Not sure that would be terribly effective.

Sis

Maybe if he wrote it backwards so he could read it in the mirror.