Single and happy being single
5 (16.7%)
Single never been married
8 (26.7%)
Human
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Assuredbyfaith

My baby brother got married on Nov. 22!   It was such a beautiful wedding, and we are so blessed with his new wife a part of our family!!!!

But five minutes into the reception my Dad was going around introducing me as "The Unmarried One" :-?   :frustrated:  Hmmmmm.....I have decided to look on the positive side of things...

I'm not the "Dumb One"
I'm not the " Unhappily Married One"
I'm not the "Divorced One"
I'm not the "Psycho Single One"
I'm not the "Short One".....oh wait, is 5'3" considered short?

Let's see what other title can I come up with? At least  I'm not the "Dead One"..... :updown:

Also, my brother's new Father-in-Law kept walking by me saying "Your next....." !  Would anyone like to know how many times I walked by the "Father-in-Law?   LOL :smirk2:

It also didn't help that by time they found the bouquet almost everyone was gone, and of course I was the only single female still there..... Who hides the bouquet in the frig anyway? :o  I decided (after I escaped my brothers' loving arms as he tried to force me to catch the bouquet) that I would let the two six year old girls fight over it....sweet of me,right? :hypocrite:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Sis

I'm not the "Psycho Single One"

:laughat:

RainbowJingles

GIRL!!!  Why didn't you just elbow those six-year olds out of the way and TAKE that bouquet!??!?!
*shaking my head*

Woulda made a great photo opp with your new SIL, anyway.  lol
AND it might have actually worked.  Now you'll never know for sure, will ya?
NOW you're gonna have to wait for a six-year old to get married next before you can get married!!!  :o
:sadheadshake:

lol  And my brother told me at his wedding, "you're next."  I was like...  Ummm...  there's no one else on the list.  Of COURSE I'm next!  lol
My SIL is an only child.
My brother is my only sibling.

Then again, my 20-year old step-brother got married before me and after my brother...
:roll:

lol

But you know, it's kind of fun to be "the unmarried one" sometimes.
Sometimes.

**HUGS** Becca

The Purple Fuzzy

I caught the bouquet at my friend from work's wedding and I was married in less than 6 months. ;)

iridiscente

So there's a Becca and a Becca-boo?

Sis

Depends on what mood she's in! :rofl:

RainbowJingles

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 12, 2008, 10:33:30 PM
I caught the bouquet at my friend from work's wedding and I was married in less than 6 months. ;)

*goes to find a wedding to crash and a bouquet to catch*

almondjoy

I caught the boquet at my sister's wedding, and was married 2 months later!  :o

I seriously didn't want to go up there to begin with, since I was already getting married, but I had to take my unmarried grandmother up there *cough*.  When my sister threw the boquet, it hit me right in the chest!  What was I supposed to do, let it just fall on the floor?  I tried to give it to my grandmother real quick, but she wouldn't take it.   :laughhard:

Sis

Never caught a boquet and got married anyway.   :laughhard:

SippinTea

Never caught a bouquet, and never particularly wanted to either. *shrug* Maybe I'm weird or something?

Never mind, don't answer that. *laugh*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Amelia Bedelia

I've caught several and lost several... usually got a handful of flower or something, its always been close lol

other chicks snatch it away...

they can have it!

more and more I'm deciding that being the unmarried one is the better position to be in

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on December 13, 2008, 02:46:27 AM
Never caught a bouquet, and never particularly wanted to either. *shrug* Maybe I'm weird or something?

*cough*

Ok...I wont.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

iridiscente

Quote from: SippinTea on December 13, 2008, 02:46:27 AM

Me either. Neither of us were actively "looking." We just sorta found each other.

Sis

I've never cared, but I realized, I never even tried. Wasn't interested in being knocked down by some desperate person. LOL  I have watched "Funniest Home Videos" ya know?

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: RainbowJingles on December 12, 2008, 10:08:59 PM
GIRL!!!  Why didn't you just elbow those six-year olds out of the way and TAKE that bouquet!??!?!
*shaking my head*

Woulda made a great photo opp with your new SIL, anyway.  lol
AND it might have actually worked.  Now you'll never know for sure, will ya?
NOW you're gonna have to wait for a six-year old to get married next before you can get married!!!  :o
:sadheadshake:

lol  And my brother told me at his wedding, "you're next."  I was like...  Ummm...  there's no one else on the list.  Of COURSE I'm next!  lol
My SIL is an only child.
My brother is my only sibling.

Then again, my 20-year old step-brother got married before me and after my brother...
:roll:

lol

But you know, it's kind of fun to be "the unmarried one" sometimes.
Sometimes.

**HUGS** Becca

I have this strange phenomenon that happens when all eyes are on me................I turn red......really red..lol  Especially when I'm doing something people might think is funny!    :smirk2: :-\ :-(  I'm not sure the pictures would have looked good with my face, and the bouquet being red! :biglaugh:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

iridiscente

So matching a bouquet was a worse thing than being single.... teehee!

sunlight

QuoteI have this strange phenomenon that happens when all eyes are on me................I turn red......really red..lol  Especially when I'm doing something people might think is funny! 

really? I should do that. I dont. I just turn silly. BOL! and show off and stuff... and make a show out of myself... and embarrass my sis and such! :lol:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: iridiscente on December 24, 2008, 10:16:14 PM
So matching a bouquet was a worse thing than being single.... teehee!

Well, since I have never been one to believe in the power of luck...I'm more of a "God is in control" type!!! :biglaugh:......I don't think God's going to put a hold on my finding someone because I didn't go out and catch a bunch of frozen flowers this time out!  ;) 

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: sunlight on December 25, 2008, 01:33:53 AM

really? I should do that. I dont. I just turn silly. BOL! and show off and stuff... and make a show out of myself... and embarrass my sis and such! :lol:

Your poor sis! :smirk2:    I sometimes show off...but it all depends on what it's for and who's around....lol   If your going to be red you might as well laugh at yourself....along with everyone else!!!

iridiscente

Quote from: sunlight on December 25, 2008, 01:33:53 AM
QuoteI have this strange phenomenon that happens when all eyes are on me................I turn red......really red..lol  Especially when I'm doing something people might think is funny! 

I just get mouthy and obnoxious under pressure.

Dew-Ax-238

I have an Aunt ( my mos Siter) thinks that it is HORRIBLE that I am not have the huge S word... that it is not normal for me being 43 and NO man in my life once back when my mom was living she had my mom convinced that I was a lesbo..... how sick...

both of her kids had pre marital sex and that was fine with her.... when my cousin was 15 she put her on the pilll and her brother was handed the C things.... that is normal...to them but if some one is saving themselves for marriage you are NUTS....

Anyone else had this type of stuff thrown in there face?
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

MelodyB

I was wondering what the HUGE "S" word could be...the only S word I could think of is kinda small. LOL
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Dew-Ax-238

that is it... LOL I called it the huge S word because she was making such a HUge fuss about it LOL
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

iridiscente

Well, that's a messed up way for your aunt to look at things.

nwlife

*begins to wonder, should he dress up in a bunch of flowers, wait for a group of single ladies and then jump off a rock and see which one catches him*

*begins to have second thoughts, with the flowers bunched around him, it might be a great hinderance to run away from the one who does attempt to catch him*
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!