News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Worst marriage advice?

Started by nicolejoy, December 23, 2006, 07:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvausey

It started as an advice, then as time went by it became a demand/pestering: :pound:

"Have a baby now!!!"

or even one went exactly like this:

"I want your baby now!" :o

This went on for 3 years until they finally got what they "wanted" when I fell pregnant  :roll:

TRAV

Quote from: mvausey on June 05, 2007, 01:24:26 PM
they finally got what they "wanted" when I fell pregnant  :roll:[/color][/font][/size]

Did you hurt yourself?  :ugly:
PROVERBS 3:5,6

mvausey

Quote from: TRAV on July 18, 2007, 11:03:57 PM
Quote from: mvausey on June 05, 2007, 01:24:26 PM
they finally got what they "wanted" when I fell pregnant  :roll:[/color][/font][/size]

Did you hurt yourself?  :ugly:

Yeah I had bruises here and there...through the interrogation :ugly: :pound:  :argue:

Envelope

you know...."falling Pregnant" must be a cultural term...........Nicolejoy has used that term before!!  Other than that I've never heard of someone "falling pregnant"............LOLOL

sharon

mvausey

That's aussie for you..har har!  :freaky2:

nicolejoy

I ALWAYS and ONLY say "fall pregnant" - what else do you say? "Got pregnant"?? Or "Became pregnant"??

Raecheal

I've heard 'fall pregnant' .. But we use got pregnant a lot too.

Elfin

"Got pregnant" almost exclusively...

"Became pregnant" is even a bit too formal sounding...but ~maybe~ occasionally...
~
~~
~~~
Renée

Amelia Bedelia

"got knocked up"

"got preggers"

"got pregnant"

nicolejoy

I don't think that pregnant is something that you "get" - that makes it sound like a disease!! Like I got the flu or something like that!!

Tsalagi

:D Nic, "Fall pregnant" sounds like tripping at the top of the stairs, and being "with child" when landing at the bottom.

I can just imagine...

"Mom, where do babies come from?"

"Well, dear, in our old house there were these stairs..."

lol ;)

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

mvausey

Quote from: Tsalagi on August 13, 2007, 04:44:03 PM
:D Nic, "Fall pregnant" sounds like tripping at the top of the stairs, and being "with child" when landing at the bottom.

I can just imagine...

"Mom, where do babies come from?"

"Well, dear, in our old house there were these stairs..."

lol ;)

:laughhard:
At least it would be more "practical" explanation than the "stork" theory  :laughhard:

SippinTea

:laughhard: That was hilarious, Tsalagi!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

nicolejoy

And for "got pregnant":

Your child asks how people "get" pregnant and you say "Oh, it's just some disease that the lady catches from her husband" ;) ;)

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: nicolejoy on August 14, 2007, 01:30:01 PM"Oh, it's just some disease that the lady catches from her husband"
My mom tells me that at the military hospital where I was born, at the time, had two options on the admittance forms--everything was either classified as an accident or a disease.  Mom says that since I was her one child that was actually planned, she couldn't classify her condition as an "accident", so she checked the box for "disease".  It's even more interesting when you consider that my astrological sign is Cancer.
Move along, nothing to see here.

SippinTea

And THAT, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why MichaelK is a bit sicker than Scott.  :grin:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

trisha11152

You guys got me rollin' over here!   :laughhard:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: SippinTea on August 19, 2007, 02:39:58 PM
And THAT, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why MichaelK is a bit sicker than Scott.  :grin:

:laughhard: And now we know where he gets his sense of humor from. I think I'd like your Mom MichaelK.  :laughhard:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: Sister_Mom on August 19, 2007, 07:53:04 PMAnd now we know where he gets his sense of humor from. I think I'd like your Mom MichaelK.
You can't be married to a military man for 45 years and raise five boys without developing some sort of sense of humor.  If she hadn't, she would probably have gone insane.
Move along, nothing to see here.

LeahMarie

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on August 19, 2007, 06:58:09 AM
Quote from: nicolejoy on August 14, 2007, 01:30:01 PM"Oh, it's just some disease that the lady catches from her husband"
My mom tells me that at the military hospital where I was born, at the time, had two options on the admittance forms--everything was either classified as an accident or a disease.  Mom says that since I was her one child that was actually planned, she couldn't classify her condition as an "accident", so she checked the box for "disease".  It's even more interesting when you consider that my astrological sign is Cancer.

:laughhard: :laughhard: That's great!
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Babs

my my my, i know this thread has not been posted on in awhile, but i have not laughed so hard in a long time reading it all. whew

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

LeahMarie

I was laughing all over again! This thread deserves to be revived!! :thumbsup2:

Tricia Lea

Interesting what you find looking at what the guests are looking at lol

The Purple Fuzzy