News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Good morning. Overcast here today. I'm back at work, nursing a large coffee and trying to survive the week.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Rain, again. I HATE this stuff. Hate,hate,hate! And it is court day. Not sure if I will be required or not...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Back @work today. Missed the past two days due to Jeremy's mom having a stroke. They transferred her to St Louis and we were with her the past two days. We both had to come back for work, but hopefully she will be released on Thurs or Fri to come back for rehab.

mini

Hope your MIL gets better soon Nelle.

Morning all.  Snow is right west of me.  I want it on top of me and all the way home!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

I has cheesecakes!

Last Wednesday the pastor brought a cheesecake to a meeting. It tasted like homemade but he said he bought it at a local store where they make cheesecakes, slice meats, serve homemade lunches, all that kind of good local southern store stuff. I called up and placed an order for three - banana pudding cheesecake, key lime cheesecake and turtle cheesecake.

I like the banana pudding one the best. But each has its delicious place.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well. My day has improved a bit. I wound up treating myself to Church Street Grocery ribs. Now, the next four hours need to step on it....

The Purple Fuzzy

I got to see a sweet itty bitty baby & his big brother today. :bigcheese:

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

:hi: It snowed a bit here today. Lou had another toothache, and went to the dentist. Lou called me and asked that I talk with the receptionist/billing department. They attempted to assault my budget with a $3,000 "Care Plan", of course making it sound so good with Care Credit. Not today, Satan. Not a 28% interest rate. Especially when after I blew the door open on that little tidbit of information and they advised me that "right now, all she needs is a root canal"  for $219.  Yeah, while that hurts, it is somewhat doable....unlike three grand at an interest rate that puts me paying the price for the dentist's trip to the Bahamas. And his new bass boat.
 I told them they needed to fix what was hurting her , LIKE SHE ASKED.....and not try to upsell us on a credit card, especially since they admitted it wasn't needed and it is back teeth which are not visible.

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Our addition to our house has inside walls framed out and stood up now!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Lynx

As one who has to go to w*rk every Saturday, I cannot share your viewpoint about its alacrity.

Wednesday, now... there's a day that never hangs around long enough. Wednesdays are my days off.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Studying. Put a large chuck roast in the crockpot with a bottle of Italian dressing. Got the house starting to smell real good...Problem is, I'm starving and it won't be done until this afternoon...

Roscoe

So sick of the infernal rain. :pound:
And on the one day I have to drive Rusty in, his battery was dead. Had to jump him. On a morning that I am already subhuman, this is a day that it would be good for people to NOT test me...

The Purple Fuzzy

Go get you a doughnut and a Dr Pepper, that'll sooth the savage beast. :lol:

MsJennJenn

Sorry but how is a root canal only $219? This is why I hate the dentist.
Mine would of cost like almost $2k......Still haven't done it. Bump that.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 10, 2020, 05:29:20 PMSorry but how is a root canal only $219? This is why I hate the dentist.
Mine would of cost like almost $2k......Still haven't done it. Bump that.
I'm assuming that is just our share. Lou has dental insurance that is actually pretty decent. The $219 is just our part. I'm sure they are assaulting the insurance company.  Dental costs, and all healthcare costs, are crazy to me. I hate our current healthcare system, but I think a single payer would probably result in even worse healthcare.

I didn't get my donut or Dr Pepper today. :pound: I had the pleasure of a ton of work, and then towards the afternoon, a coworker got word that one of his clients was being sought for killing her boyfriend. This resulted in us having to go to her house to find her. Fortunately for me she wasn't home.
And guys, the rain has to go. We'd fixed most of out septic issues, but I still need a bit more fill dirt in one spot. Because of this if it rains a couple of inches we are back to issues. It has rained so much here recently, we are about to float away.

MsJennJenn

I have to hit my $3500 deductible first. Which I know is like only two dental procedures, but I don't have 3500 laying around. already up to my ears in debt as it is.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Oh boy. Don't talk about the dentist!! I have to go I think the last week of Feb, and it's never cheap. LOL. I pray that Jeremy makes regular soon so that I can get dental insurance thru his work. I have 0 at mine.

Finally back @work this week. I was SO sick over the weekend. Just really feeling like I'm doing better today, and I'm trying to stay on the mend. Poor Jeremy still has whatever his junk was.. I keep calling it the croup, but I really dunno. Coworkers have had it and spread it among themselves and their families for a week. I'm praying that this weekend was my body fighting it so that I won't GET it fully. He's been miserable. I think he may have taken too much NyQuil last night. He was interesting this morning.

Jeremy's mom is still in the hospital, but more so for waiting on a rehab place and for her medicaid application to get processed. She is BEYOND ready to get home. She's 3 hours from home, so not many people can go see her. We haven't been back since Tuesday last week when we left to come back home for work due to work and sickness. Her spirits are a little deflated as of late. Praying for good news soon!

Roscoe

:hi:
I'm assuming Lou has her root canal done by now. She hasn't texted me, but was supposed to have it done at 11am.
I'm here until 7 pm tonight...then prayer meeting. I splurged this morning and bought a McDonald's breakfast, so I probably will skip lunch. Thankfully, despite the forecast, it isn't raining here right now. It'll probably be "Noah, bring the Ark around again" by tomorrow though. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

It rained SO much this weekend. It's been cloudy here today, but I've been so busy inside that I didn't notice if it was actively raining or not. The sun came out and shined for a few minutes on my drive in to work, so I appreciated that bit of Vitamin D. lol..

sunlight

It has rained so much here that we had a river and a pond in our front yard. But- the good news is that with all the rain we were able to verify that we have no leaks in the addition! Thankfully!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!