News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I have struggled with sleep for a while now. I use melatonin now nightly and it has helped me greatly.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I don't struggle with sleep.  I usually roll over and start snoring. :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

LOL. Morning, all. Back at work. People already coming in..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

LOL. I unfortunately am not getting sleepy until like 12am.. and yall.. I LOVE MY SLEEP! This is driving me nuts, to not be able to sleep and then I don't sleep thru the 'night' either. I wake up constantly to roll over or I wake up burning up. Jeremy keeps his mattress pad on high all night lately b/c it's so cold for him (he's a different person temp-wise after his weight loss surgery a couple of years ago). I know that if my cover touches his cover (yes, we have separate cover for someone's stingy reasons lol), I wake up feeling like I'm laying on hot coals or something. I'm NOT a super cold person at night. I like it chilled enough to NEED cover. We always slept with a fan on by the bed, but with the allergies and sinus issues I've had for a year plus, I haven't been using it because we worried it was making it worse. I'm wondering if that's not my issue now.. that the fan would keep me cooled off before, but now I'm burning up without it and once my body temp gets uncomfortable, I keep waking up from it. That and probably the varmint cats that keep knocking on windows and dragging loud toys on the floor. I might start taking melatonin again. Jeremy had nightmares from taking it, so I just stopped getting it at the store. I wind down the same time every evening, go to bed and don't sleep for another hour or so. Then when it's time to wake up for work, I have the hardest time waking up. Almost feels like you're drugged some mornings haha.

I cracked up laughing last night. I was falling asleep, and the cats would make a loud noise and wake me up out of the slumber. Jeremy wasn't asleep yet, so he thought it was funny but stupid. Then he started falling asleep, and they dragged a really loud toy on the floor. It would startle him out of his falling asleep, and he's like "Are they starting on construction in there or something?" Which I thought was hilarious.. b/c between him and the cats, that's exactly how I'd been feeling the past 30 minutes. I got so tickled that I had to get out of bed b/c my laughing was shaking the bed and he couldn't go back to sleep. It still gets me tickled to think about it. They make some weird noises with their toys and chasing each other.. that I have been startled awake many times wondering what on earth was going on because when you're first waking up, none of those noises make sense LOL.

Anyway. @Work.

Do you guys have that coworker/friend who constantly mispronounces normal words? I've corrected them a few times, but I've given up. They still say those same words that way.. like they think they're pronounced that way and I'm the wrong one, haha. I'm the type that I wouldn't want to KEEP saying it to other people b/c I wouldn't want to look silly, especially after a friend has told me it's not pronounced that way. Like still saying the earth is flat even though you know it's been told that it's round. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

What does QuadBob think?
Hi, all. Enjoying Sonic's 50 Cent corndog day...

Nelle

Congrats! Which of your kiddos had a baby?

@Work. Had gross lunch.. Hubby had an extra Arby's sandwich. Normally I'd love it, but I don't like his choice of sandwich hahaha. Maybe this will guarantee I'll cook some food tonight to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! :)

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 30, 2020, 06:56:34 PMHi, all. Enjoying Sonic's 50 Cent corndog day...
Maybe that is why today was boring at work. Everybody was over at Sonic.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Awww.. That's sweet. :)

@Work.

Barely made it awake to work this morning, but I'm better now.

mini

I'm happy.

After much consideration, debate, and argument, we have settled on a name for Quadbob's brother.

Mini bub(ba).

I wouldn't let them call him only Bubba, I didn't want Taco taking all the credit.

:ugly:

Roscoe

:hi:
Made it through the day. Is it wrong that I am counting down the days to vacation?

Lynx

If it is wrong, I know a LOT of people who are wrong. On the last day of w*rk they get down to counting the minutes. That last minute is the longest minute in the world as they count the seconds.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well, today was Chey's first day at her job at the gun store. She loves it, and according to the owner was good at her job. They've got her mopping, sweeping, dusting, helping customers and learning the ins and outs of the gun business. Her mama and I discussed it and decided that it would be good for her to learn some responsibility and the job offer was too good to pass up, so we let her do it, as long as it doesn't cause her grades to suffer.
The down side is, I now have to have her in Conway at 8 every Saturday. :pound: Goodbye sleeping in. We didn't discuss the pay....so I was blown away when he paid her today and she earned $10 bucks an hour. She is ecstatic. And she made me proud. First thing she did was have me stop so she could break a $20 to pay her tithes....then we discussed a budget. The majority of her pay is going into her saving account.
Oh, and The 'vette is now home. It runs rather nicely. Now to start the clean up process..

The Purple Fuzzy

It was a beautiful sunny day today. Rain is headed this way again next week. I need to go see my new grandson.

Lynx

Hmm... 14 pages and the thread title hasn't happened yet.

So far, so good. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Well, but you gotta remember Fuzzy, I'm a nerd. "Upgrade for a reason" is one of our mantras. If a computer is doing everything we need, we don't mess with it. Let the early adopters run out and get the latest version of Windows as soon as it is released, and let THEM find all the bugs.

Or maybe I'm just old and set in my ways. Either way I'm not upgrading a life that is running perfectly well right now.

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 02, 2020, 06:47:47 PMWell, but you gotta remember Fuzzy, I'm a nerd. "Upgrade for a reason" is one of our mantras. If a computer is doing everything we need, we don't mess with it. Let the early adopters run out and get the latest version of Windows as soon as it is released, and let THEM find all the bugs.

Or maybe I'm just old and set in my ways. Either way I'm not upgrading a life that is running perfectly well right now.

Hmmm. We gotta find a way to send a Trojan Horse into your system. :lol:
Hi, all. Absolutely beautiful day here, one that I've nearly totally wasted by sleeping late. Fixing to head to church.

Lynx

In local news, families are awesome.

Back in late October when that big storm knocked over about a quarter of all the trees in west Tennessee and power was out for a week, I was in another town when it hit. By the time I (navigated around a lot of trees and) got home, multiple aunts and uncles were at Grandma's house. They decided where Grandma would stay until power was restored, lined up a roofer to fix the roof, got plans in place to take care of the fallen trees and everything. I commented to my visiting friend, "Grandma has Smith Family insurance. She'll be fine." (Names have been changed to protect... well... me.)

Today an elderly lady at church had a flat tire. The elderly lady has a daughter who is married to an Adams man. (Family name has been changed.) So of course the Adams guy and his father tromped out to fix the tire on the spot. The Adams guy muttered something about he still didn't like how the tire looked and he was going to take the car home tomorrow and fix it right. I said, "Ah, so since she married you, her mother is covered by Adams Insurance."

Here in the South it feels like when you marry into a family, you're marrying into the Mafia, but without the crime. "You married my son. You're family now. You got a problem, let me know. We'll fix it."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I think it's great. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
 On break, enjoying left over pizza. Looks to be a decent day out- and from 70 degrees yesterday to them calling for snow Wednesday. Sheesh. Arkansas weather just does it's own thing....

The Purple Fuzzy

It got up to 81* here yesterday. Everything is trying to bloom. I hope it doesn't freeze again.