Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Well don't just sit there... stock the pond with fish! :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

We are under a flash flood warning and lots of roads are closed around here. Im glad that our place is elevated with good drainage.

Roscoe

I wish ours was. :-(
 Ours isn't low enough to worry about water intrusion in the house, but the yard looks like a lake....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I'm bout near done with all this rain. I need the sunshine to function. I'm a walking cloud of glum currently.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Oh I'm totally over it. But in fairness, there's a lot of things I'm over and have no control over it. LOL. Like now- I'm over work and ready for vacation. Only another five weeks......No idea where we are going, but I'm hoping it ain't here. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

My vacation is in 18 days....lol I'm DYING already.

Cruise w/a girlfriend. Montego Bay Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel!

Cant.
wait.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

*Lynx goes off to put a "No Fishing" sign in Bobby's yard.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Urgh... Man. This morning it is hard to get motivated. Woulda been a grand day to laze around the house.

Nelle

@Work.

Rough mental day. Just 'over' things as everyone else seems to be here.. LOL. Hoping I can lighten up as the day goes.

Lynx

Today has so far been a great example of why I am glad to be single. At the end of the day I am going to clock out and leave all this junk here.

The word for the day is virago.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Hmm... Going off the definitions online, you're either really complimenting a woman or really trying to insult one, haha.

Almost off work. We're supposed to have church tonight instead of last night due to sicknesses. However tonight.. it's going to be in the 20s when church starts. Our church is extremely small, and about 5-6 adults (including me) are under the age of 60. The rest are either younger than 9, or older than 60. And I'm talking the older end of that spectrum. Nervous about the rain we have had combining with the extreme cold. Hopefully everyone is smart about it and bundles up, takes safety in mind when they're exiting/entering vehicles & buildings. Sun has been out some I think, so that should have helped the water to dry up some even though the temps never were good.

Literally just exhausted with 'life' these days. I'm fighting church financials still, plus work financials, and I also need to do our household's taxes. I maybe don't like business as much as I once thought.. lol.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on February 13, 2020, 10:27:18 PMHmm... Going off the definitions online, you're either really complimenting a woman or really trying to insult one, haha.

Almost off work. We're supposed to have church tonight instead of last night due to sicknesses. However tonight.. it's going to be in the 20s when church starts. Our church is extremely small, and about 5-6 adults (including me) are under the age of 60. The rest are either younger than 9, or older than 60. And I'm talking the older end of that spectrum. Nervous about the rain we have had combining with the extreme cold. Hopefully everyone is smart about it and bundles up, takes safety in mind when they're exiting/entering vehicles & buildings. Sun has been out some I think, so that should have helped the water to dry up some even though the temps never were good.

Literally just exhausted with 'life' these days. I'm fighting church financials still, plus work financials, and I also need to do our household's taxes. I maybe don't like business as much as I once thought.. lol.

It's supposed to get cold here tonight as well.  As far as "business", I've completed my taxes, my sister's taxes, and still have to do Ms Hattie's taxes. (Ms Hattie, also known as Mama Hattie and Sis Hattie, is a 79 year old black lady that is literally my other mother. She is my spiritual rock who I can depend on giving me a true word from God when I need it most. Several years ago, she mentioned she didn't know who to get to do her taxes. I wound up doing them on Tax Act for her. That was around 5 years ago. I'm still doing them. She FINALLY retired this year on JAnuary 4th, so I think this is the last year for her taxes).

And it seems like life is exhausting for everyone I know in church. Everyone is battling something, it seems worse than I've ever saw. Either that or maybe as a people we are more open about it and willing to ask for prayer.
Our little church has been running in the low 40s lately. I'm overjoyed- we'd dipped down in the 20s pretty consistently there for a bit.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on February 13, 2020, 10:27:18 PMHmm... Going off the definitions online, you're either really complimenting a woman or really trying to insult one, haha.

Believe you me, it weren't no compliment.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on February 14, 2020, 12:31:47 AM

Believe you me, it weren't no compliment.

I thought so, haha.

@Work again. FRIDAY!!! I get to sleep in tomorrow!

Roscoe

:hi: About to leave out on a few hours' worth of road trip to pick up one. Then when I get off, I get to take the new wheels that came in for the 'vette to the station and have the new tires that have came in put on them. It's the little things that make me happy.....

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on February 13, 2020, 11:43:05 PMAnd it seems like life is exhausting for everyone I know in church. Everyone is battling something, it seems worse than I've ever saw. Either that or maybe as a people we are more open about it and willing to ask for prayer.
Our little church has been running in the low 40s lately. I'm overjoyed- we'd dipped down in the 20s pretty consistently there for a bit.

I think it's the time we're in. Not just a season. But like heading into the endtime. It's the same in my church and we run 300+. Pastors wife said something at one of our practices that depression is hitting so many and it seems very prominent in our society. She's not wrong.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 14, 2020, 05:20:58 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 13, 2020, 11:43:05 PMAnd it seems like life is exhausting for everyone I know in church. Everyone is battling something, it seems worse than I've ever saw. Either that or maybe as a people we are more open about it and willing to ask for prayer.

I think it's the time we're in. Not just a season. But like heading into the endtime. It's the same in my church and we run 300+. Pastors wife said something at one of our practices that depression is hitting so many and it seems very prominent in our society. She's not wrong.
Very much agree. I work in a field that to admit to depression or anxiety is looked at as weakness, unfortunately. But several coworkers, who know that I am a preacher, have told me at various times that they are battling both depression and anxiety, and at least 3 are seeing counselors.
Looking at the times, seriously should scare the everlivin' breath out of anyone not ready to meet Him. The path our nation and world is on screams that life as we know it is winding down.

On another note- I got in a car today at 9am and other than getting out for gas and to put an offender in and out, and lunch, never stopped until 4pm. Made for a quick day. Came home and took Chey's wheels to Walmart and got the new tires mounted. And on a terrible note, we found out today our sweet good tempered furbaby Domino has congestive heart failure, and is in the final stages. We noticed he was having difficulty breathing the other night and had began coughing. Lou took him to the doctor who verified our worries. He has some medication, but the vet really didn't hold hope that he would be with us long. The vet said that he's not in pain though, so as long as he isn't hurting we will love our boy and keep him. It's gonna hurt when he gets to the point we have to put him down. He's been the sweetest boy ever, and we've had him for 11 years...

Lynx

Feh. Pets ought to live as long as we do.

Say Bobby, when you're driving offenders here and there, do you play music? If so, do they ever complain about your choices? Or do you spare them and drive in silence?

Ooooooh... or do you SING to yourself while they are in the car? :cool:

Hey don't laugh. This could be a breakthrough, the solution we have been looking for to stopping crime.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

And do you stop somewhere & go in and eat? Or hit a drive through and make them eat whatever you throw them?

Roscoe

We hit the road with 'em and tell them before we leave the jail to pee, cause we ain't stopping. Our transports are usually 2 hours or so, maybe 3 at max, since we are in the center of the state. Transport companies usually bring the prisoners to the jail closest to the state line and we go get 'em from there.

We usually try to time it so we have time to eat lunch BEFORE we pick up the prisoner. Policy is for us to stay moving while we have an inmate in custody. Music wise- they may hear us talking, may hear country, gospel, or whatever else we've a mind to listen to.

And today is supposed to get to 60 degrees...but so far you couldn't make me believe it. Bah. I've a set of wheels and tires I wanna put on the Corvette but I don't wanna freeze doing it.. And I don't feel like firing up the heater in the shop.

Lynx

Oooooh Bobby I have some Christian rap I can send you to play at them!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 15, 2020, 07:31:20 PMOooooh Bobby I have some Christian rap I can send you to play at them!
That would make ME jump out of the car.

Roscoe

:hi: Morning. Got up, put together tonight's sermon, and am currently vegging. Wish it were warmer, I'd go clean out my filthy shop, but it is too cold out..

Lynx

Okay, okay, fine... I have a lot of bluegrass gospel, country christian and southern gospel. Like, a LOT. Play banjo at them until they repent. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

LOL.

@Work. MIL is doing well at the new rehab place. She's gained the ability to raise her arm and move her wrist. Now we are hoping her hand/fingers improve soon too. The therapists are optimistic that she won't be there the full two weeks that normally people are there for since she can already do so much. We are just keeping praying for her mind because it's driving her nuts being in the hospital so long. lol. Thankfully we are able to see her SO often b/c she's literally in the building behind Jeremy's post office.

I'm going to my parents this weekend since our plans this weekend fell thru. They were going to come see us Sunday for my birthday tomorrow, but a family I grew up around had a death in their family last week so they were able to go to the visitation last evening. I wish I could have gone, but I've made sure to let them know I've been praying/love them.

I'm literally going to be pulling my hair out with these church books. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, and if I can't figure it out soon, someone else is going to be having to dig through it to figure it all out.

Still have to do my taxes and my house is in desperate need of cleaning. It's all been on hold with those church books being in my brain.