News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pray for my Mom

Started by Niki, February 27, 2016, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niki

Social Security (from my dad, who passed in '06) keeps going back and forth with my mom. (Her name is Sue.) They'll pay her for a few months, then stop. Over and over. They've stopped again and my mom has little to no money in the bank. She can't pay her bills or buy groceries. She does have a job (she's a CNA and will be 65 in July), but it's part time and she makes very little money. She's talked to SS and asked them what makes them think that the $15,000-20,000 (gross) she makes at her job is enough to live on? She needs her SS. I want very much to help my mom and I'll do what I can (invite her over for dinner), but my husband and I are trying to rebuild our bank account right now. Some weeks we have less than $100 in the bank after paying bills, but it is getting better a little at a time.

Anyway, please help me pray that SS will start paying her again and that they won't stop sending her the money. I hate to see her worrying and struggling. Especially when there's little I can do to help.

Oh, my mom is in church (has been since I was a baby) and says she's going to pay her tithes, despite desperately needing that money for food, because she doesn't want to rob God and she's trying to trust that He will provide.

Thanks for the prayers.
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

Niki

Update: SS told my mom (last week?) that they would start paying her again in April. Then yesterday she got a letter saying that they're going to investigate (or maybe have already investigated) my dad's second wife and charge her with fraud or something. My dad married her while he was still married to my mom. His second wife (though not legally) may have to pay back the money she's received over the past 10 years since my dad's death.

They also told my mom that they would be sending her about $1000 or more per month. I don't remember the exact number she told me.

While I can't say that I want Dad's second wife to get in trouble (it's very likely that he lied to her and told her that he was already divorced), I do hope that my mom gets the money that's owed to her and that SS will never again cease sending her money.
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: