News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Home made dishwasher soap (Mel this is for you)

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, June 13, 2011, 01:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Found this for dish washer soap:

Dishwasher Detergent

Here's a simple recipe for dishwasher soap:

• 1 cup of borax
• 1 cup of baking soda
• ¼ cup of table salt
• 2 packets (half an ounce) of unsweetened lemon Kool-Aid

You can try to save even more by buying ingredients in bulk, but another idea is to find smaller and much cheaper boxes at your local dollar store: a good idea to since you'll want to try a small amount at first to see if you like the results. The amounts listed above are good for 16 loads -- one tablespoon each -- so even small batches will last a while.

Other recipes online vary: For example, we found one that suggested combining only borax and baking soda, 1 tablespoon each per load. Another suggested adding a little citrus essential oil to make it smell nice: We didn't try that one, however, because we had difficulty finding inexpensive citrus oil online. Then there's this recipe, which goes in a different direction altogether:

• 2 bars of shredded Octagon soap
• 1 cup of baking soda
• ¼ cup of washing soda
• ¼ cup of lemon juice

This one calls for melting the shredded soap in five quarts of water and then mixing in the other ingredients. If that sounds a little like the recipe for laundry detergent we wrote about last year, that's because it is.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112897/make-simple-cheap-detergents-moneytalks

Lynx

HA!  So I'm NOT the only one who scrolls through the yahoo newsbites!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

We use that, lemon extract works too.  & I use the laundry soap one & use it for dish soap too Except I prefer using liquid castille soap instead of dissolving a bar. After so many bars of soap, it gets tedious.

SippinTea

Ooo... I seriously had just asked Chris a couple days ago if he knew of any make-your-own dishwasher soaps. He didn't. So. Thanks, Sandra! :bigcheese:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

This one is super cheap:

Water
Elbow Grease

Mix hot water with a hefty portion of elbow grease.  Dishes come out spotless.  :P

:hypocrite:

taco_harvell

Quote from: Chseeads on June 14, 2011, 08:24:26 PM
This one is super cheap:

Water
Elbow Grease

Mix hot water with a hefty portion of elbow grease.  Dishes come out spotless.  :P

:hypocrite:
The problem is though, unless you have a giant dishwasher most peoples elbow grease wont fit inside when the door is closed. LOL
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Just put em in the kitchen and close the door.