Last person to post wins...round 14!!

Started by MelodyB, May 28, 2011, 05:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Get an electric scooter.  Fun, easy, no license needed and no gas.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

Check your pawn shops, we get the scooters here and decent prices, and they have layaway. The one I used for a few months got like 70+ miles a gallon. Electric ones just don't seem to do well. Can't run long between charges, especially if you tend to use it like a car lol
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Yeah, my town is very small.  One whole stoplight, and two miles is longer than my town at its widest.  In a big city, or even in a town larger than mine (which is many, many towns... it's not hard to be larger than my town) an average electric scooter battery won't hold up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

I bout killed myself on a scooter once.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Now if only they would start selling the Aptera outside of California... there is one sweet electric "scooter."  According to the DMV it is classified as a three wheeled motorcycle.  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

Lol melody I love them! Want to get another one some day

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

I wonder if I can find that post about me almost killin myself.

MelodyB

Found it. In the dingbat thread. Lol

Quote from: MelodyB on October 18, 2008, 11:34:47 AM
Here is what I posted this morning when I got up.... (friday morning)

Re-posted for Jonathan, Justin, Jennie, Mom, Dad, Giggles and Trisha, and those who dont read the sharing thread. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a Moped accident yesterday. LOL

I am fine. Somewhat. I was making a right turn, and I didnt slow down enough, and I hopped the curb in the middle of the road and I rolled off the scooter. I didnt think I had a scratch on me, but after further investagation, I have a large bump on my head, my neck has a bad crick in it, a scratch under my eye, scratches on my upper arm, my wrist has a bruise on it and hurts when I touch it, might be sprained, I have a large bruse on my right thigh, a bruise on my knee and a long scratch on my right shin. I also ripped my jean skirt...a small rip, near my shin. My whole body is sore this morning, more sore on my right side than anywhere else, cause thats where I landed. I had a horrible nights sleep. Which is to say, I didnt get much sleep due to pain.

It could be much much worse, and I am thankful.

I wanna say to all the scooter/moped wannabe riders in here....they are FUN, and FAST, BUT....be real careful on those turns...they dont turn as easy as you would think, and you need to slow down more than you realize. I was going about 25-30 when I started to slow down, and I might have been going abot 15 when I actually made the turn...that doesnt seem like a whole lot, but it is when you are on it. I had already been riding it for awhile, and thought I knew what I was doing, but stuff happens.

So anyway, thats my story, and thats why I didnt get back online last night, I was too sore when I got home, it was after midnight, and I just went to bed. I do have this picture of me that was taken several hours BEFORE I decided to do my own stunts. :)

Tricia Lea

MelodyB

Tricia Lea

Babs

Lol well considering I rode motorcycles most of my life, I do well with scooters lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Well brandon was home for 5 minutes earlier then gone again for the night

This senior year he has finally started hanging out with his friends more instead of being a homebody

MelodyB

That can be good or bad...depending on his friends. Lol

Lynx

Given what has been reported about him, he'll have good friends.  ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

yep, They are good friends. Hes been friends with one since elem and the other 3 since middle school. Hes just not been one to hang out till this year

The Purple Fuzzy

:sing: Father Abraham has many sons, many sons has father Abraham...

Babs

Gee thanks now I got that song stuck in my head lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

well better than the song I have stuck in my head lol

Pink floyd  Another brick in the wall
:sing: We don't need no education

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Babs on May 29, 2011, 04:37:19 AM
Gee thanks now I got that song stuck in my head lol
Well it was stuck in mine so I wanted to share. ;)

Tricia Lea

MelodyB

I'm nervous this morning. Gotta sing. Haven't done that in awhile. Pray!

Babs

Sing like no one is listening. You will be fine :D

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Babs

My latest blog post.