News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Quotes

Started by newkris, December 04, 2006, 03:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

:thumbsup2: Nice, Kris.

Here's another I like: "Obedience is always the mark of authentic surrender to God's authority."  --Beth Moore

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

apsurf

You can not become what you are meant to be,
until you have faced and let go of  what you were.      (paraphrased)  TD JAKES

titushome

"If you're driving down the road and miss the exit God told you to take, He'll always provide another one a little farther down.  The route might not be as scenic as if you had taken His way, but it will still get you to where He wants you to go."

- My wife and I (we came up with this observation once after missing an exit)
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

SippinTea

Thanks Titus. I kinda needed that one today.  :hi:

newkris

very good, titus.  i like your AS quote, too, in your sign line.  interesting to consider where he was and what his lift was made up of when he was writing. 

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

titushome

Quote from: SippinTea on March 21, 2007, 04:53:04 PM
Thanks Titus. I kinda needed that one today.  :hi:

You're welcome.  :)
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

titushome

Quote from: newkris on March 21, 2007, 04:57:41 PM
very good, titus.  i like your AS quote, too, in your sign line.  interesting to consider where he was and what his [life] was made up of when he was writing. 

It sure is.
- Augustine

Amelia Bedelia

Quote from: titushome on March 21, 2007, 02:23:46 PM
"If you're driving down the road and miss the exit God told you to take, He'll always provide another one a little farther down.  The route might not be as scenic as if you had taken His way, but it will still get you to where He wants you to go."
I needed that... lately I've been feeling like the ultimate 'exit'-misser
bleh! I don't like taking the long way or detours to my future
and right now, I feel like I'm stuck in a traffic jam

lol

SippinTea

Ahha! I found another great quote....and it goes along with the one Brandon posted above. :)

"Looking back for the right reasons with the right attitude helps us become better equipped to look forward."  --Beth Moore

newkris

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
                                                                                                                    ~Emerson
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

"Life's way of reacting to a crushed heart is to wrap tough sinews of flesh around it and tempt us to promise that we'll never let ourselves get hurt again. That's not God's way. Remember, self-made fortresses not only keep love from going out; they keep love from coming in."  --Beth Moore

(Lots to think about on that one, eh?)

titushome

This one could probably be attributed to some gaffing politician somewhere:

"If someone is going to stab me in the back, I'd rather they do it to my face."
- Augustine

SippinTea

If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true, there would be little hope of advance.  --Orville Wright  (Hmmm....wonder how that plays out on a ministry level...interesting thought.)

When one door closes another opens. But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us.  --Helen Keller  (Only too true.)

Men spend their lives in anticipations,--in determining to be vastly happy at some period when they have time. But the present time has one advantage over every other--it is our own. Past opportunities are gone, future have not come. We may lay in a stock of pleasures, as we would lay in a stock of wine; but if we defer the tasting of them too long, we shall find that both are soured by age.  --Charles Caleb Colton  (Wow! Now that's a thought worth thinking on!)

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.  --Henry David Thoreau  (One of my all-time favorites) :)

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.  --Arnold H. Glasgow  (Love that thought.)

Crystal Belle

These are some of my most favorite quotes!!!

"If you will it, it is no dream." -Theodore Hertzl

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." -Albert Einstein

"It is never too late to be what we might have been."- George Eliot

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Philippians 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle." - Erin Majors

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." - Henry David Thoreau

"The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see, and knows what the mind cannot understand." - Robert Vallett

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." - Anais Nin
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

newkris

2 Samuel 22:21-25 (The Message)

21-25 God made my life complete
      when I placed all the pieces before him.

When I cleaned up my act,
      he gave me a fresh start.

Indeed, I've kept alert to God's ways;
      I haven't taken God for granted.

Every day I review the ways he works,
      I try not to miss a trick.

I feel put back together,
      and I'm watching my step.

God rewrote the text of my life
      when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.

me, too.

SippinTea

Especially for my bro...

"If you're gonna make waves, at least make 'em big enough to surf on." - Ken Lewis

Nerd

"Wisdom begins in wonder." -- Socrates

"One man's justice is another's injustice; one man's beauty another's ugliness; one man's wisdom another's folly." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The wise man in the storm prays God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." -- Bill Cosby

"Real love stories never have endings." -- Richard Bach

"No man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Men in authority will always think that criticism of their policies is dangerous. They will always equate their policies with patriotism, and find criticism subversive." -- Henry Steele

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

SippinTea

Good stuff there, Coolguy!

A truly humble man is sensible of his natural distance from God; of his dependence on Him; of the insufficiency of his own power and wisdom; and that it is by God's power that he is upheld and provided for, and that he needs God's wisdom to lead and guide him, and His might to enable him to do what he ought to do for Him.   â€”Jonathan Edwards

And therefore you who think so basely of the Gospel and the professors of it, because at present their peace and comfort are not come, should know that it is on the way to them, and comes to stay everlastingly with them; whreas your peace is going from you every moment, and is sure to leave you without any hope of returning to you again. Look not how the Christian begins, but ends.  —William Gurnall

Nerd

Thanks, ST.  ;)

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." --J. R. R. Tolkien

"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither." --C. S. Lewis

"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing." --C. S. Lewis

SippinTea

"Fit yourself for God's service; be faithful. He will presently appoint thee....In some unlikely quarter, in a shepherd's hut, or in an artisan's cottage, God has His prepared and appointed instrument. As yet the shaft is hidden in His quiver, in the shadow of his hand; but at the precise moment at which it will tell with the greatest effect, it will be produced and launched on the air."   --F. B. Meyer

Nerd

titushome

While we may speak of many things as commodities, truly we have just one: time.  And our use of time reveals what is in our hearts.
- Augustine

SippinTea

"Doubts about God need not lead to denial, defeat, bitterness, or escape. Instead they can lead to a 'truth search.' Asking questions related to our doubts will lead to a strengthened faith as we discover truth in the process."   --Carol Kent

During your time in the wilderness, remember this: you haven't lost your faith, you're simply finding your own faith. (adapted from one of Connie Cavanaugh's writings)

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on May 03, 2007, 05:50:49 PM
"Doubts about God need not lead to denial, defeat, bitterness, or escape. Instead they can lead to a 'truth search.' Asking questions related to our doubts will lead to a strengthened faith as we discover truth in the process."   --Carol Kent

I like that one!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

newkris

been thinking about the broad spectrum of life lately.  i think this fits:

Shakespeare -

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts.
(As You Like It, act 2, scene 7)

me, too.