News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Quotes

Started by newkris, December 04, 2006, 03:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babs

I have met a lot of hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're twenty minutes.

Santa Claus has the right idea: visit people once a year

An optimist laughs to forget, a pessimist forgets to laugh.

He fell out of the Stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

The number of people watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Gods*Girl

If there are a thousand steps between us and him. he will take all but one. But he will leave the final one for us. The choice is ours. - Max Lucado.

newkris

"i love you like a rock star!"  - mavrik, of course. :pwink:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

"The sense of sin and guilt can become so great, so terrible, as almost to cripple us, by causing us to lose sight of the true effectiveness of the Blood. It seems to us that our sins are so real, and some particular sin may trouble us so many times, that we come to the point where to us our sins loom larger than the Blood of Christ." (from The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee)

But....

1 John 3:20
"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things."

Thank God!

"Let us remember that he is holy and he is righteous, and that a holy and righteous God has the right to say that the Blood is acceptable in his eyes and has fully satisfied him." (from The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Cant wait to start THAT book. Should be here tomorrow. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

newkris

the following was posted on a blog on ninetyandnine.com written by kent d. curry.  the quote actually comes from something by Thomas Merton - a Catholic monk. 

quite the humbling thoughts when one considers being a writer who is Christian. 

"The fact that your subject may be very important in itself does not necessarily mean that what you have written about it is important. A bad book about the love of God remains a bad book, even though it may be about the love of God.

"There are many who think that because they have written about God, they have written good books. Then men pick up these books and say: if the ones who say they believe in God cannot find anything better than this to say about it, their religion cannot be worth much."

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.