News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 13, 2023, 09:09:10 PMOuuuu fun Sandra. Did you find anything?!

My day has been absolutely slammed. Boss won't leave alone. lol
But about to clock out now. Going next door for girls night.  :waving:
Yes, actually. I bought a lawnmower, a mini tiller and a bunch of battery operated tools without batteries but we have some of those batteries already. The lawnmower looks nearly new but has carb problems which hubby can fix, the tiller needs fuel line which hubby can also fix. I only paid $30 total for those items.

Lynx

wOw!

These days you would think anybody could look up a Fix-It video on YouTube for that stuff. Good thing they didn't.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on October 13, 2023, 10:49:05 PMI got stomped on at Walmart. We had no delivery tonight so my department worked on our list of resets. I had to pick one that was more complicated than it looked at first. Was 2 hours late getting off by time I got it done.
Reset is where y'all scramble everything up so I can't find anything now.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on October 14, 2023, 01:45:05 PM
Quote from: Backseat Radio on October 13, 2023, 10:49:05 PMI got stomped on at Walmart. We had no delivery tonight so my department worked on our list of resets. I had to pick one that was more complicated than it looked at first. Was 2 hours late getting off by time I got it done.
Reset is where y'all scramble everything up so I can't find anything now.

We can't find anything either for a week or two

Roscoe

:waving:
At church. Do not feel the best....hopefully God will keep it together through service and use me.
Yesterday, Lou and I had the pleasure of having lunch with Mini and his wonderful bride. Also, got the church's storage building moved and set up, and spent time with a backslider friend.  Tomorrow- tour college. Do work on Sam if I ever make it to that point. And I've got so many people scheduled Tuesday I'll have to feel better and go to work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 14, 2023, 07:08:01 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 13, 2023, 09:09:10 PMOuuuu fun Sandra. Did you find anything?!

My day has been absolutely slammed. Boss won't leave alone. lol
But about to clock out now. Going next door for girls night.  :waving:
Yes, actually. I bought a lawnmower, a mini tiller and a bunch of battery operated tools without batteries but we have some of those batteries already. The lawnmower looks nearly new but has carb problems which hubby can fix, the tiller needs fuel line which hubby can also fix. I only paid $30 total for those items.

Wow you made out with a great deal!! lol my bff and i share my lawn mower currently. cus we live in a duplex. she's in one side im in the other. but with me moving... she's gonna be out a mower lol.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:Finished the college deal. Only about 5,000 things left to do. Still feel like crud- to the point that I'm in my recliner while it is 70 degrees and sunny out. I did get the yearly mums set out in their spot, including in the little stake bed truck on the mailbox. So many things to do. So exhausted.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:waving: At work. Totally not wanting to be here, but I had 13 people scheduled. :pound:  :pound:

Lynx

Grandma about scared me to death!

She was sitting on her porta toilet, hollering she needed help. I looked in and she had blood ALL OVER both hands. I thought she had sprung an "issue of blood" style leak.

Turned out she had been picking at a wound on a knuckle until she got blood all over both hands.

It looked like something from a TV murder scene.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

"Working" but wish I wasn't. Although, I am getting paid and not doing anything but sitting here. So, shouldnt complain lol.

T-minus 7 days until we start our move. Eek.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I'm so sleepy. Fighting to keep my eyes open at my desk. I need to be doin SO much here, but I cannot find the motivation! It's payroll day too.. so I'm about to get a flood of phone calls, haha. :(

MsJennJenn

Sames Nelle. Sames. so sleepy. Hubbs left around 430 to drive back to w. falls. so i was awake for a bit after he left.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Urgh.... Back at work. Fortunately, I feel somewhat better than I have for the past week. Ready for the weekend.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

:waving:

Pack pack packing things. my house is a chaos.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I've been doing my Friday garage saling.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I've been working. But did get a bit of a blessing. We are remodeling an approximately 500 square foot "mother in law" apartment, with an eye towards Chey having a place to be independent while in college, yet still close enough for Dad to be there for her. I've been gathering lumber, etc, and getting things together- a man in our church in construction has a huge stash of building materials he's collected from jobs over the years and is now liquidating much of it. I got a couple doors I needed, a heat and air unit, an amazing small kitchen island, a sink, and other assorted things from them at a HUGELY reduced price. Nearly free. :clap:
And I really have minimal plans for tomorrow...for once.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 20, 2023, 06:14:32 PMOuuu find anything good today Sandra?
Well, I found a 3 burner propane heater for $15 and a toaster oven that hubby had been wanting. I also found some scrub tops for Chel at $1 each.

Lynx

I just now found (munch) chocolate chip cookies at a (munch) good price. Some assembly (and baking) required.

Grinding oat flour took the longest time. Had to wait for the little stick blender to cool off before I finished. Those "immersion blenders" are cool, but limited.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I've never had an immersion blender but occasionally wish I did.

Lynx

They are pretty cheap these days. The Hamilton Beach blender I got from Walmart outperformed the more expensive one I got off amazon.com. If you get one you won't regret it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Running in to wave. :waving:  Lord, been so busy, I don't know where to turn. And Re: immersion blender- I know not what they be.
God is good. Evidence of His work is showing among people connected to and occasionally attending our church.
Had a church member who is a recent convert send me a card recently for pastor appreciation that caused me to cry- then, when we went to Waffle House yesterday, where she works, further made me cry by giving me a monetary gift she had not wanted to send through the mail, and telling me that the value of what I had given to her in messages, teaching and example far dwarfed the monetary gift. I know it was a sacrifice for her...and yes, I bawled like a baby, in the middle of the Waffle House.
  Then one of her coworkers came over and requested prayer, RIGHT THEN. So we prayed for her in the middle of that crowded restaurant. And before it was over, we had people asking for cards and saying they would like to come to church. And as an added bonus, we sold the extra peanut brittle we had made. :lol: