News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Ask autopartsgirl

Started by Tricia Lea, July 14, 2009, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

Ok I think you should have your own ask thread

:hypocrite: :hypocrite:

What is your favorite coffee?

How do you like being a barista?

runs and hides

Heather

tricia!!!!

but to answer your questions anyways...

my favorite coffee varies. i do not like hot coffee at all though. generally anything with caramel in the mix i'm all for and i enjoy mixing things up. [my favortives so far are white chocolate/irish cream and caramel/toasted marshmallow].

i really like being a barista. especially where i work. it's a local owned shop so yes we are in it for business but it's not all number crunching so i can take a few moments and talk to my customers. get to know them. what they do for a living. their kids. etc. i've been here a year now and don't plan to leave soon.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

don't say that foul word in  my presence!!! lol.

actually even before i worked here i did not like Starbucks. everytime i was in there, reguardless of location, the customer service was terrible. plus i knew they roasted there beans way way too long. they pretty much burn there coffee beans. also they are way to expensive.

MelodyB

Well Piffle.

I like it. :P
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Pretty avatar pic, Lady Heather!

John  :waving:

Heather

why thank you Sir John.

Newsman

Lady Heather,

How many hearts have you broken, this summer?

How many guys a week where you work, on average, ask for your number?

John  :waving:

Heather

no hearts that i know of.

and i'm averaging about 2 request for dates per year.

i'm obviously a real maneater  :cool:

Sis

How are ya?  LOL  I really didn't have much to ask but I didn't want to be left out.

Tricia Lea

seen ya lurking, how are you doing?

Heather

lifes been crazy. car is dead dead until i can find an alternator i can afford. grrr. internet got cut off at work and i was threatened to be fired for going on vacation. also been back in college for a month. but i've been around. sorry i haven't been on  much. homework has consumed what internet time i get.

Tricia Lea

hope you can get your car ficed soon.

Heather

the car is up and running. not 100% fixed, but it's enough to get me going.

JoyGirl

Glad to see you lurking around again.... It's always nice to have more than one Heather around!!   :P

Tricia Lea

What did you do interesting this summer?

Tricia Lea

bump

oops did I do that?  :-?

JoyGirl

Come out, Come out...wherever you are.....     :grin:

Heather

yes there needs to be more than 1 heather.

this summer i spent hiding from my dad as i had "borrowed" his car while he's out in his truck. hehe.

Tricia Lea

So. How did you like doing the play?

What was your favorite parts?

sunlight

do you have many eccentric customers that ask for different blends of coffee mixes that you can create?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

Quote from: Tricia Lea on February 22, 2010, 02:57:54 PM
So. How did you like doing the play?

What was your favorite parts?

the play was very time consuming, but i loved it. my favorite part was the fact with so much vocal training i had a lady come up to me at church sunday and say i sang beautifully. lol. [i got kicked out of a upci choir bc the director didn't like my low alto voice. literally she told me to lip sync or get off her platform.] but i also enjoy doing all the behind the scenes things. i'm considering stage managing for a few shows next year.

Quote from: sunlight on February 22, 2010, 05:25:36 PM
do you have many eccentric customers that ask for different blends of coffee mixes that you can create?

i have some VERY eccentric customers. the first gentleman that comes to mind wants a half caff/half decaf extra hot capp [not too much foam - which is what makes a capp a capp] with only half a splenda.

i also have some customers who know nothing about coffee and have to try really really hard not to laugh in front of them. yesterday i had a guy come through and ask for a black coffee, then asked if we had 'that espresso stuff'. to which before i could stop myself 'um we are a coffee shop'....

iridiscente

What are you majoring in?

sunlight

What makes your favorite customer stand out to you?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

Quote from: iridiscente on February 24, 2010, 12:25:17 AM
What are you majoring in?

currently i am majoring in eating Whoppers Robin Eggs. i had to take the semester off of school to do theatre. there was just no time to work full time, do school full time, and theatre full time. a girl must sleep occasionally. if i decide to go back i'll be majoring in Social Work with a minor in theatre.

Quote from: sunlight on February 24, 2010, 02:31:39 AM
What makes your favorite customer stand out to you?

thats a hard question because i have a few favorites. mostly it's personality and if it's someone i can laugh with who not only can i brighten there day [and give them caffeine] but they brighten mine as well.