News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

The May 21st Doomsday Group

Started by Kyle, May 19, 2011, 08:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

I guess I am just curious, but what is everyone's take on the group that is claiming that May 21st is Judgement Day?

I've seen it all over Facebook, people one way or another. The only thing I know is that the Bible says no man knows the day nor the hour, and that's what I'm sticking with.
Stupidity is a global epidemic.

Babs

Lol I don't but have gotten invited to a few after doomsday looting parties lol
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

I believe it will be Judgement Day for somebody... just like yesterday was... today was, and tomorrow will be.

It will also be Judgement day as to whether whoever it is claiming this is a false prophet or not... just my  :twocents:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

upcchris

y2k, 99, 88, 21/5/2011, 2012,   I reckon it's all a bunch of bologna.  He siad in His word, He will come like a thief in the night and no man knows the hour or day.

So all the predictions about the day...will more than likely be false.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Lynx

Let's see... I'm supposed to cower in terror, scream and hide.  Or is it scream, cower in terror, hide?  Or maybe hide, scre.... oh forget it.

*goes off to eat a lemon roll.

Whatever happened to 2012?  I thought that's when the earth is supposed to end because some Mayan calendar doesn't go past that.  They even made a movie about it.  Did the deadline get pushed up on even this?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

My thought is the same as it has been since the "88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be in 1988" deal...if they say it is gonna happen then, it wont. 
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

kmymbir

apparently NO one believes them. would trip a bunch of people out if it did.. I guess I missed it, but what is the reason for this time?
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Babs on May 19, 2011, 11:24:59 PM
Lol I don't but have gotten invited to a few after doomsday looting parties lol

I got invited to one through FB too lol

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Ok... more like 12:01 am on May 21st... did I miss it?

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Lynx

No man knows the hour.  May 21st isn't over yet, give it time. 

Oh wait... That quote says no man knows the DAY or the hour.  Whoops! 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 21, 2011, 05:19:23 AM
No man knows the hour.  May 21st isn't over yet, give it time. 

Oh wait... That quote says no man knows the DAY or the hour.  Whoops!
Exactly!

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

Justin heard somewhere today that if you were not "saved" by the year 1988, then you are not going in the rapture tomorrow cause God stopped saving people after 1988.

Oops. Guess I missed the cutoff!

:roll:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Well that explained that "88 Reasons" thing. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Brother Dad

Once again someone has proven how true the Word of God is.  Jesus said no man would know.  Some people are making a mocking.  Atheists are having parties, but fail to realize that all this is just a sign spoken about in the Bible.  Every time I read of one of these predictions I am reassured that much more in what I believe true.  The Lord will come one day.  Since I don't know when I just want to be sure I am ready everyday.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Roscoe

Quote from: Brother Dad on May 21, 2011, 11:42:44 AM
Once again someone has proven how true the Word of God is.  Jesus said no man would know.  Some people are making a mocking.  Atheists are having parties, but fail to realize that all this is just a sign spoken about in the Bible.  Every time I read of one of these predictions I am reassured that much more in what I believe true.  The Lord will come one day.  Since I don't know when I just want to be sure I am ready everyday.
Looking for the "like" button on here again.  :thumbsup2:
Quote from: MelodyB on May 21, 2011, 05:34:58 AM
Justin heard somewhere today that if you were not "saved" by the year 1988, then you are not going in the rapture tomorrow cause God stopped saving people after 1988.

Oops. Guess I missed the cutoff!

:roll:
And Mell, guess I just made it- my Holy Ghost Birthday is September 10,1988.  :clap: :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

World Traveler

The biggest thing that bothers me about this every time it happens, especially when it makes national and world news, is that when it doesn't happen it just makes people equate any talk of the rapture, and those that believe in it, to quackery.

To those who don't believe, are agnostic, backslidden, whatever, it just hardens their hearts a little more, deafens their hearing a little more, and makes them a little more cynical toward the word of God.

**sigh**

If Jesus said that even he didn't know the time, and he was God manifest in the flesh, and he was perfect, and he IS THE WORD, then how is someone else going to claim to know?
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

kmymbir

I was BORN in 88... I dont stand a chance.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Roscoe

Quote from: kmymbir on May 21, 2011, 02:49:10 PM
Way to make the rest of us feel old, kymber!  :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: five-oh on May 21, 2011, 03:46:35 PM

Only some of us... I was born in '83... so I don't feel old when someone says '88! LOL... I feel bad for all you 'ole fogeys born in the '60's! LOL

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

Even I feel old when she says that! I was born in 80!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: YooperYankDude on May 21, 2011, 04:24:32 PM

Only some of us... I was born in '83... so I don't feel old when someone says '88! LOL... I feel bad for all you 'ole fogeys born in the '60's! LOL
I feel bad for the old fogeys born in the 60's too. :laughhard: I, however, am not one of them.  :hypocrite:

Babs

* Babs really does not like how this conversation has turned and hopes none of you get picked until at least midnight *smh*
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: five-oh on May 21, 2011, 05:15:40 PM

I feel bad for the old fogeys born in the 60's too. :laughhard: I, however, am not one of them.  :hypocrite:

That's right... you were a baby-boomers 50's flower-power-love child!   :hypocrite:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

Quote from: YooperYankDude on May 22, 2011, 05:24:39 AM
Quote from: five-oh on May 21, 2011, 05:15:40 PM

That's right... you were a baby-boomers 50's flower-power-love child!   :hypocrite:
:pound: :pound: Nope. I was a '70's baby. I was a gift to a grateful nation on the occasion of its 200th birthday.  :hypocrite: