News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

What a weekend! I took off Friday so that Jeremy & I could leave earlier to go to my parents for our Thanksgiving, since this year we are spending actual thanksgiving with his family up here.

My dad went to put the pies in the oven (first thing to start baking on Sat), and realized the oven stopped working. They've had that oven since they bought the trailer/house. I was 7 and I'm now almost 33. LOL.. So needless to say - inconvenient, but it definitely lasted a WHILE. They have propane, so we had to find a gas stove they liked and then find someone willing to come on Saturday to convert it to propane. Thankfully we have a family friend who knew how and agreed to come. We didn't get to bake the turkey, but he cut off pieces and skillet-fried it. It tasted delicious either way. Sunday night they had their church thanksgiving, so we stayed for that. We didn't get home until around 11pm or so.  Yesterday morning I was supposed to go back to work, but I was insanely sick. It lasted pretty much all day, but I'm back at work today. Hopefully it wasn't something contagious because I wouldn't wish what I had on my worst enemy, haha. At least this is a short week for me, even made shorter by Day 1 of 3 being home sick, haha. Today and tomorrow and I'm off for four days!

Roscoe

My day is going decidedly Seth-like. First the computer updated for an hour and a half, causing me to have to break out ink pens and pads for my first two office visits, and rely on my memory as to the particulars of each case. Not good. Then, Lou calls- Chey has an ear ache. So I've got to leave early and go take her to the doctor. Then tonight is church. BAH.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I am at Mom's. Mom picked up a carton of Lactaid (tm) egg nog. Life is good.

That is all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 21, 2017, 07:50:14 PMMy day is going decidedly Seth-like. First the computer updated for an hour and a half, causing me to have to break out ink pens and pads for my first two office visits, and rely on my memory as to the particulars of each case. Not good. Then, Lou calls- Chey has an ear ache. So I've got to leave early and go take her to the doctor. Then tonight is church. BAH.

haha...this is the first time I've heard someone your age complaining about NOT having the computer.

:hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 22, 2017, 03:11:56 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 21, 2017, 07:50:14 PMMy day is going decidedly Seth-like. First the computer updated for an hour and a half, causing me to have to break out ink pens and pads for my first two office visits, and rely on my memory as to the particulars of each case. Not good. Then, Lou calls- Chey has an ear ache. So I've got to leave early and go take her to the doctor. Then tonight is church. BAH.

haha...this is the first time I've heard someone your age complaining about NOT having the computer.

At work some people older than Bobby complain when the computer goes down. Can't get along without the ole microprocessor these days.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 22, 2017, 03:11:56 PM

:pound:
 In my job now, I can't get along without it. EVERYTHING is on the computer and the clouds..
So glad this was a short week. Now to smoke a meatloaf at the mother in law's request for Thanksgiving dinner.. And for some reason I'm so tired I could drop tonight
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Happy Turkey day, folksess. Thankful for a ton of things this season, not the least of which is having GP..

The Purple Fuzzy

Ashlee

Today I'm ever so thankful.  So..yesterday our refrigerator goes out.  Apparently it had went out sometimes during the night.  All my food was going bad and needless to say I was not happy.  Landlord didn't really care.  So, we loaded up and headed to ACE to buy a new one.  I managed to get everything put in the new one and be in bed by midnight last night.  We lost very minimal stuff.  Pray that the chicken is actually good once I cook it for thanksgiving dinner.  We didn't do turkey since its just the two of us.  But..today I am thankful for a working refrigerator.  That I had the money set aside in savings to buy one.   And for cold water!

Love you guys!  Have a great day today!

Roscoe

:hi: Enjoyed a brief romp in the vette.  Fought Walmart crowds for Lou, solely because she wanted an on sale set of Pioneer Woman cookware they had on doorbuster sale. She had to work so she couldn't shop.. Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty...and I have nothing I have to do. I'll probably sleep in and maybe do some fall cleaning on the yard, and prune my rosebushes. May dig Rusty out too..

Lynx

I notice Bobby never did mention whether he actually secured a set of said cookware...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 24, 2017, 12:46:13 PMI notice Bobby never did mention whether he actually secured a set of said cookware...
I did indeed. However, I grabbed the first box of cookware I saw, which was a beautiful speckled retro light blue color. Lou wanted the same set- in Red to match the kitchen of course. Oops. And they sold out of them, so no exchanging... Oh well, they aren't gonna be seen in the cabinets anyway.

Lynx

Ah, of course. Did she forget to mention which color she wanted or did you forget?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's must be love if Bobby is fighting the crowds.

Roscoe

Currently indulging my inner kid with the movie Planes. It was a great deal on Black Friday and goes great in my, er, Chey's collection of Cars, Cars 2 and Cars 3. Okay, they're mine. So I'm a bit of a kid at heart..

And yes, it was love Fuzz, and Isaac, she never mentioned it, just stated that she wanted them.

Lynx

I am safe back at home.

Yesterday Mom and I went to Wal-Mart for pillows. By then it was more like Light-Grey-Friday. The checkout clerk was grumpy though, and confirmed that Friday had been black earlier, very black. Apparently the recent move to Black Thursday has not lightened up Friday at all, just stretched the ordeal out longer.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

By the time we got to Wal-Mart around 830 Friday night there was hardly anyone. Only thing we bought that was on sale was a shop vac.

Started staying at the new house on wednesday. The rest of the furniture should be moved today and hopefully we will be done with the old place. I haven't set foot back over there since leaving for work Wednesday and I don't intend to.

Dad is in the hospital. Pneumonia that apparently was completely obvious on his ct from 2 weeks ago but none of his doctors cared to pay attention to.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

We went out on Thursday.  Lines were horrible.  Went for eggnog, decided no eggnog was worth that mess.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

I wish I had a picture of a post... LOL.

Survived Thanksgiving and the shopping.. which I somehow managed to stretch out over the three day span. Good news is that I'm almost done with everyone's Christmas gifts. I just have to buy a few small presents and some presents for a very small person (she's going to be 6 months at Christmas.. LOL).

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Posting as instructed.  :P  
Got through the day only wanting to kill three people or so. It was a good day. On a bad day I wanna kill ten or so.
That's the bad side of holidays. The day back is always slammed.
And I'm annoyed. I bought a wifi adapter to use on an old windows xp desktop. It took about an hour to determine that either it isn't compatible or I'm not smart enough to make it work one. At least I wasn't out but ten bucks..

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

Look who's talking. You've been MIA until yesterday. :P

mini