News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I've spent most of the day on the range. It's always a good day when I can use someone else's ammunition, get paid for the time to do so, and make things go bang.
As an added bonus, my boss that qualified today- one of three of my immediate superiors- shot a career high score and credited my style of relaxed instruction and the lack of others at the range for this. She was happy enough she wanted a pic of the target to torment her other employees with- who she had outshot, quite handily.
 And it was beautiful and 75 degrees. Tomorrow, the other instructor is teaching. And it's supposed to be rainy and a high of 56ish....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I made homemade caramel corn with pecans tonight. My hubby was happy.

Ashlee

Quote from: Lynx on October 25, 2017, 09:18:17 AM*perk*

Someone say tamales? Where?!

That's exactly what I was thinking myself.  Tamales sounds really amazing.  We can't get them where I live at all.  We just recently went to Hawaii for a month and for some reason tamales was all I wanted. I had them about once a week there 

Roscoe

Quote from: Ashlee on October 27, 2017, 04:22:24 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking myself.  Tamales sounds really amazing.  We can't get them where I live at all.  We just recently went to Hawaii for a month and for some reason tamales was all I wanted. I had them about once a week there  
Is it wrong that I currently hate you? I need a month in Hawaii. Preferably away from crowds.
Thankful it's Friday.
 And apparently I'm going to have to watch showing my approval at my local meat market, a family owned, country style fresh meat market where they grind their own beef, ect. They started selling empanadas- "savory meat pies" for lunch. They are pretty tasty, and I mentioned that I should order a case of them and put in the freezer. Apparently, they took that as a green light, and ordered a case of them to sell me... :o

It's supposed to be cold and wet tomorrow. I suspect I shall sleep in and maybe make a few more loaves of homemade bread. The four I made last weekend lasted about 27 milliseconds before they were scarfed up.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm making homemade vegetable beef soup for supper.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 27, 2017, 05:39:49 PMAnd apparently I'm going to have to watch showing my approval at my local meat market, a family owned, country style fresh meat market where they grind their own beef, ect. They started selling empanadas- "savory meat pies" for lunch. They are pretty tasty, and I mentioned that I should order a case of them and put in the freezer. Apparently, they took that as a green light, and ordered a case of them to sell me... :o
Hey no problem ole buddy! I'll be glad to take a couple dozen off your hands. Always happy to help a friend out. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Ashlee

Quote from: Roscoe on October 27, 2017, 05:39:49 PM
Quote from: Ashlee on October 27, 2017, 04:22:24 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking myself.  Tamales sounds really amazing.  We can't get them where I live at all.  We just recently went to Hawaii for a month and for some reason tamales was all I wanted. I had them about once a week there 
Is it wrong that I currently hate you? I need a month in Hawaii. Preferably away from crowds.
Thankful it's Friday.

It is very wrong.  We didn't get away from crowds or even enjoy hawaii.  We went for va appointments and the entire trip was stressful. lol  I HATE Hawaii because it will always be associated with va and tripler hospital. lol  My husband had surgery on his ankle, so we had to stay for his recovery.

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 27, 2017, 06:56:36 PMI'm making homemade vegetable beef soup for supper.

I'm making lasagna with goat cheese bc I can no longer eat dairy.  ugh.  But veggie beef soup looks amazing!  I was actually looking at stew meat when I was at the store.  Here it comes in a long flat block that you have to cut up yourself.  I was debating a soup/stew, but decided nah. lol

Quote from: Heather on October 26, 2017, 05:25:49 PMAt the ER with dad.

Any update?  How is he?

Heather

Dad got to go home yesterday. He's having a hard time adjusting to his new normal. (Stage 4 small cell lung cancer, emphazemia, etc). His lungs essentially look like those pictures they show you in health class to try to scare you to not smoke. He needs to stay on his oxygen pretty much all the time now.

Worked open to close today. Doing it again tomorrow. Sunday will be my 1st Sunday off (not requested for like vacation) in I think 7 months.

Roscoe

Got up this morning to a cold day. Warmed it up inside at least by slicing one of the loaves of homemade bread and turning it into sweet cinnamon-y French toast goodness. :fork: Sent a pic to the associate pastor who LOVES my homemade bread, and French toast, just to torment him. Got called a devil.  That mean, name calling sinner. :lol:

Lynx

French toast made from homemade bread IS pretty good.

Don't be too hard on that name caller. Jealousy makes people do rash things. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I was just wondering if the Galoot had posted how his new job went....
I was busy all day, and didn't get much of a chance to text him. Tomorrow promises to be busy, as normal and I shall have to work late due to Halloween.

And the older I get, the more I treasure those times that I can sneak off for a 30 minute soak in a hot bath...:lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

We are joining the moving party. Not by choice. Our slumlord is forcing us out for her family to move in. I had a dream a couple weeks ago that we had to move. I truly believe it was God preparing me. We found a house within 2 hours. A former coworker hadn't even put his rental property on the market yet. We will be in a single family home. We get to keep our dog and 1 cat. My parents are taking Toph. Our newest is being rehomed by my ex's ex. I've found a rescue who will take Lucian if I can't find him a home. Ollie is the lucky kitty who gets to stay. We have 30 days to get packed, get deposits saved, and move on.

Roscoe

:hi:
Lord. It is 10 oclock and I JUST got in from work. 7am to 930 pm is a long day...just one of the reasons I HATE Halloween.  I worked all day, then had to go to about 16 different residences spread over two counties to verify people were where they should be. I intend to take my 5 hours of comp time Friday and go home early..

Lynx

Quote from: Heather on November 01, 2017, 03:41:35 AMWe are joining the moving party. Not by choice. Our slumlord is forcing us out for her family to move in. I had a dream a couple weeks ago that we had to move. I truly believe it was God preparing me. We found a house within 2 hours. A former coworker hadn't even put his rental property on the market yet. We will be in a single family home. We get to keep our dog and 1 cat. My parents are taking Toph. Our newest is being rehomed by my ex's ex. I've found a rescue who will take Lucian if I can't find him a home. Ollie is the lucky kitty who gets to stay. We have 30 days to get packed, get deposits saved, and move on.
1. Choose the cat who has a solid color.
2. Paint all the other cats to match.
3. Claim they are all one cat that is very active and always doing something. =^.^=

In local news, I just tried something I should have tried decades ago. Instead of banana, milk, honey and oats, I blended banana, egg nog and oats. Best muesli EVAR!
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

In other news....

I have not joined the moving party.  We did change jobs, but that's all the moving I've done.  One of the perks is much windshield time....which means new towns and new out of the way diners.  I reaaaaaaaaly like that.  And I get holidays again.

Heather

The worst part is now that I know we are moving, I just want to be moved. But we have to be patient and wait. Sigh.

Today is laundry, packing, hopefully getting my check at a decent time.

Perks are in our new house we will be closer to everything except Brandon's work. I'll be 3 minutes from work, 10 from church and my parents. We will be back on the TN side [thank you Lord from delivering us from VA] and in the city limits. So, if we do get snow, our roads will actually get treated and scraped.

MsJennJenn

I move in 2 days!!! So ready! Gotta get thru work today and tomorrow. Then I'm off until Tuesday!

I've successfully moved over 32 plants out of 45+ of my jungle.  Gonna attempt the rest tomorrow after work! Then the movers come Friday morning. Super stoked!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I thought about it today, I'll actually be able to put flower beds [and possibly a raised veggie garden] out next spring because we won't have 8 dogs in our yard to dig it all up. We may even be able to sit on our front porch and enjoy it! [Plus not have said 8 dogs literally EAT our outdoor furniture]

Lynx

At work today this one young guy was spending a lot of time on his phone. Finally I asked him what he was doing that was so important and time consuming. He said, "Looking for single ladies."

After thinking about that for a moment I said, "Actually I think pies beat single ladies, and I'll tell you why. Last night I went down to Dollar Tree (one of those everything's-a-dollar places) and bought a whole case of cookies & cream pie slices, 32 slices. Now I'm happy. Meanwhile you're still looking."

"Also a whole case of those pie slices cost only $32 plus tax. $32 wouldn't even cover your first date. So for price/benefit alone I think pies come out way ahead." (Also I can stay happy with 32 slices of cookies & cream pie for more than a month.)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 01, 2017, 08:48:04 PMAt work today this one young guy was spending a lot of time on his phone. Finally I asked him what he was doing that was so important and time consuming. He said, "Looking for single ladies."

After thinking about that for a moment I said, "Actually I think pies beat single ladies, and I'll tell you why. Last night I went down to Dollar Tree (one of those everything's-a-dollar places) and bought a whole case of cookies & cream pie slices, 32 slices. Now I'm happy. Meanwhile you're still looking."

"Also a whole case of those pie slices cost only $32 plus tax. $32 wouldn't even cover your first date. So for price/benefit alone I think pies come out way ahead." (Also I can stay happy with 32 slices of cookies & cream pie for more than a month.)
My dear brother- while I admire the thought that you put into your cost/benefit analysis, I must state that, even for a pie lover like myself- a good woman is much more valuable than pies. Pies can't keep you warm. They can't wipe your tears when you are falling apart and can't let anyone else see, can't lift you up before God when you are in the stage of life that you wonder if He even exists, or is listening to you...They can't give you unimaginable love, great gifts like the perfect child to light up your life with a smile...
Yep, I love pie.  But I must say, my friend, I'll keep the keeper I got 14 years ago. Even though I some times call her a "thing" and use bible to justify it (he who finds a wife finds a good thing)... and if I'm lucky, she'll make me- a Pie. :P