News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

So I just got my new phone. It's the Unihertz Jelly (tm) phone. This replaces my old phone, the Posh Mobile Micro X.

Here's a picture of the old one:

Aaaaaand... a picture of the new one:

Notice anything odd? :rolleyes:

But when I got this phone out of the box, I could tell a difference before I turned it on. It just FEELS more solid. Not heavier, more solid, like it was better made or something. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

All the hardware inside the phone case is very different too. I think Unihertz looked around for a small case to put the phone's guts in and said, "Hey, that company that made the Posh Mobile Micro X shell might still have the tooling for that case." This new phone has Android 7.0, which my old phone never could dream of having the power to run. The new phone has two sim card slots too, and they are behind the battery instead of slots in the outer edges of the phone.

I'm not mentioning this because I think you should get one of these phones. This phone is NOT for normal people. I got it because it suits my particular use-case very well, but I think it would be very frustrating for a normal person to try to use this phone.

So why do I mention it? I dunno, this is the sharing thread and I'm happy about this phone.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well. I made homemade bread and Potato soup today..otherwise, I've done very little.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 22, 2017, 02:14:57 AMChel made pecan pies. :)
That's right Fuzzy, twist the knife. :P

If I don't get a pecan pie UPS overnight shipped to me I will suggest in my prayer time that it might be very fitting if the price of pecans in Texas goes up to $47 a pound.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

iridiscente

Quote from: Lynx on October 21, 2017, 01:48:42 AMNotice anything odd? :rolleyes:

But when I got this phone out of the box, I could tell a difference before I turned it on. It just FEELS more solid. Not heavier, more solid, like it was better made or something. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

All the hardware inside the phone case is very different too. I think Unihertz looked around for a small case to put the phone's guts in and said, "Hey, that company that made the Posh Mobile Micro X shell might still have the tooling for that case." This new phone has Android 7.0, which my old phone never could dream of having the power to run. The new phone has two sim card slots too, and they are behind the battery instead of slots in the outer edges of the phone.

I'm not mentioning this because I think you should get one of these phones. This phone is NOT for normal people. I got it because it suits my particular use-case very well, but I think it would be very frustrating for a normal person to try to use this phone.

So why do I mention it? I dunno, this is the sharing thread and I'm happy about this phone.

In Abu Dhabi some of the guys had phones with 4 SIM cards. One for each wife, they told Ben.

Roscoe

Quote from: iridiscente on October 22, 2017, 01:47:05 PM
Quote from: Lynx on October 21, 2017, 01:48:42 AMNotice anything odd? :rolleyes:

In Abu Dhabi some of the guys had phones with 4 SIM cards. One for each wife, they told Ben.
It takes an insane man with a death wish to have more than one wife. I understand now why the Middle East has suicide bombers....they'd rather die than face another day alive. :lol: Dear Lord. Four wives guarantees at least one is ticked at you at all times.....
It apparently came a storm here last night. A small town west of me had a supermarket damaged by winds.  Apparently I snoozed right through the excitement.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

iridiscente

Haha! It was a law that they must treat each wife equally. So if one got a nice villa for her 12 kids and a car; each of the other wives must have one of equal value. One of Ben's coworkers was afraid of the wife he left in Egypt and didn't tell her he got married again in Abu Dhabi. We always wondered how that turned out.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 22, 2017, 05:47:03 PMIt takes an insane man with a death wish to have more than one wife. I understand now why the Middle East has suicide bombers....they'd rather die than face another day alive. :lol: Dear Lord. Four wives guarantees at least one is ticked at you at all times.....
I heard a comedian who looked at it from the other side. He said his wife was reading the Bible and got to the part about how many wives and concubines Solomon had, and she said, "WHY?!"

Before he could stop his own words he said, "Maybe Solomon wanted to be able to come home and find at least ONE of them in a good mood."
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 21, 2017, 01:38:03 AM:sing: Jenn's got a boyfriend, Jenn's got a boyfriend!!! :sing:

It's a slippery slope. A set up....then a date.....then marriage. Then you wake up one day old, with a mortgage, and a daily routine, counting down days until retirement. Yep.     You has started the path of being old.

I'm ok with that. I like routine.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 23, 2017, 01:55:23 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 21, 2017, 01:38:03 AM:sing: Jenn's got a boyfriend, Jenn's got a boyfriend!!! :sing:

It's a slippery slope. A set up....then a date.....then marriage. Then you wake up one day old, with a mortgage, and a daily routine, counting down days until retirement. Yep.     You has started the path of being old.

I'm ok with that. I like routine.
:o  :o

As usual, a long day. Apparently a beautiful one....I wouldn't know because I didn't get to leave the office until close to 6pm.

Heather

Went on vacation.
Coworker walked out while I was on vacation.
Came home to a promotion, raise, and power.
We now have 4 cats.
That is all.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: Heather on October 24, 2017, 01:06:09 AMWent on vacation.
Coworker walked out while I was on vacation.
Came home to a promotion, raise, and power.
We now have 4 cats.
That is all.
Meanwhile, back on the farm...

"When I was a kid we had four cats."
"What were their names?"
"Let's see... there was Cat, Cat, Cat and Cat."
"No names?"
"What's the point of naming something that won't come when you call it?"
"Good point."
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel named hers Eeni, Meenie, Miney & Moe. :biglaugh:

Heather

Except 3 out of our 4 do come when you call to them. Topher, Ollie, and Lucian all come when called. Our new guy is still adjusting.

Roscoe

Looks like Heather should go on vacation more often. :lol:
 Morning, all. Another day- closer to the weekend..LOL

sunlight

It's a slippery slope. A set up....then a date.....then marriage. Then you wake up one day old, with a mortgage, and a daily routine, counting down days until retirement. Yep.     You has started the path of being old.

Hello, all. Chel, I wish I had time and money for us to slip down. I'm sure I could find a truckload of your yardsale stuff I need, given Robbie's taste similarities to mine... probably even a truck to load. :lol:

And today was HORRIBLE. Our beloved sheriff's office arrested a TON of people last night, most of whom was on parole or probation. The majority on a good friend's caseload. The same good friend that covered for me on my vacation, whom I owe large. The same good friend that was off on vacation today. I spent all day doing violation reports and paperwork. The good side is, she should not have anything extra to do when she comes back on Monday. And  that's what friends do...
But I'm gonna enjoy the weekend. Nothing I have to do for a change. Sadly, no money to do anything I'd like too.

I sure wish you guys could too. I'd sell you some tamales out of the freezer st least! Lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on October 24, 2017, 03:23:45 PM

It's a slippery slope. A set up....then a date.....then marriage. Then you wake up one day old, with a mortgage, and a daily routine, counting down days until retirement. Yep.     You has started the path of being old.

Hello, all. Chel, I wish I had time and money for us to slip down. I'm sure I could find a truckload of your yardsale stuff I need, given Robbie's taste similarities to mine... probably even a truck to load. :lol:

And today was HORRIBLE. Our beloved sheriff's office arrested a TON of people last night, most of whom was on parole or probation. The majority on a good friend's caseload. The same good friend that covered for me on my vacation, whom I owe large. The same good friend that was off on vacation today. I spent all day doing violation reports and paperwork. The good side is, she should not have anything extra to do when she comes back on Monday. And  that's what friends do...
But I'm gonna enjoy the weekend. Nothing I have to do for a change. Sadly, no money to do anything I'd like too.

I sure wish you guys could too. I'd sell you some tamales out of the freezer st least! Lol.
I had forgotten those things. I can Paypal ya, or whatever if you'd let me know how much and where...

Ashlee

:hi: Hi everybody!  Chel, can you save me some of your downsizing stuff?  Lol

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Heather

Been cleaning all day. I'm on the 3rd dishwasher load and 4 or 5 in the washing machine. Bedroom clean. Floors swept. Tables cleaned off. Been listening to our last revival services on YouTube. I'm tired up for church tonight.

Lynx

With all that cleaning, I bet the cats are slightly perturbed. It's hard to cat-nap when you have to keep an eye out for where that human will be cleaning next and avoid that vacuum cleaner.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Wood floors and I keep the couch covered, so no vacuum needed. I just changed the blanket on the couch when 1 goes in the wash.

MsJennJenn

Seven days from moving. WOOT.

Going to take a bunch of stuff over this weekend. Less for the movers since I only have them booked for 2 hours.

Tryna motivate myself to do my homework. :sleep:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: