Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I'm not sure what the deal has been this year. Just haven't felt great most of the year. Maybe it's just getting older. I HAVE always been a whiner, and maybe a closet hypochondriac. :lol:
 Spent all day in class, listening to a class I have taught and attended for years. It's kinda boring the 5 trillionth time you've went through it.

And I received bad news tonight as well. One of the rocks of my childhood, a man of God that I admired greatly although it's been a bit since I saw him, Bro Rudy Thrasher passed away today after having a stroke. He was the real deal. He preached a message called "The Law of the Harvest" that laid out the path to God's blessings better than any I have ever heard. Obviously it made an impression on me- I was a young teen when he preached it at our church and I still remember the exact title.
Last time I saw him, I was working at the State Capitol a few years ago, on a door, and he and Sis Thrasher came in. Despite not seeing him for years, I instantly recognized him, and enjoyed the time he gave me while Sis Thrasher looked around, especially after he knew who I was. He was quick to care, quick with wise counsel, and absolutely impeccable in his personal life and walk with God. Heaven is richer today- and we are poorer.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

All I can say about hypochondria is to quote Mark Twain. "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It actually felt like Fall today. It's supposed to get hot again, though.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. Battling new procedures. They gonna kill me they change procedures and paperwork once a month around here..:pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

If they kill you with changes, can I have Rusty?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Well... they do say "A change is as good as a rest." So Bobby oughta be well rested now. =^.^=
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 11, 2017, 10:04:19 PMWell... they do say "A change is as good as a rest." So Bobby oughta be well rested now. =^.^=
:pound: If that were true, I'd be comatose. I swear they can't leave ANYTHING alone. :pound.

And :pound: Mini. I will not let you have my beloved Rusty truck. Even when I'm gone. You'd probably paint him pink or orange, something terrible. :pound:

Morning all. Chey talked me into stopping and getting a Frappuccino this morning, something I'm not accustomed to. It may have given me a tad of a jumpstart this morning.
 Gonna be a long day- I've several people scheduled to come in today and I have to stay late for one of them..

mini

I would not paint him at all. I would drive him and enjoy him.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 12, 2017, 12:33:21 PMAnd :pound: Mini. I will not let you have my beloved Rusty truck. Even when I'm gone. You'd probably paint him pink or orange, something terrible. :pound:

Weren't you the one with the pink Miata Roscoe?! :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Full Confession: I've been listening to Christmas channel "Holiday Traditions" on my XM app..... ALL DAY LONG. I've had a blast while making myself work.. I love this good mood, LOL.

MelodyB

Christmas music in October...bah humbug.

I'm moving. Ugh. It will be better for me over all. But I hate moving.

HATE.

I'm paying $545.00 plus utilities here now. I barely scrape by. God sends blessings and down right miracles every month to keep me afloat.

I've been searching for a new job, one that would meet my financial needs, but I seem to be hitting dead ends.

Instead, God opened doors for me to find a cheaper place, AND a roommate..

With splitting the rent, I'm saving $295.00 a month, and we are also splitting utilities.

I'm gonna be able to have actual money. Wow. I won't know how to act.

I hate moving, but the relief I feel already is amazing.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

I am the original scrooge. I HATE Christmas music for the most part.
And Mel, that's great. I hope your roommate is compatible with you. It'll be nice to have the companionship, too, I'm sure.

And in sharing here- I am glad it is Friday. This week was long and annoying. And tomorrow is full too- free dump day in the county as county clean up, and then at 2 pm, They have decided we would have a youth service. Truthfully, I'd rather not go, but would get called a terrible sinner for not going. Lord. I need to get caught up..

The Purple Fuzzy

Howdy! Ready for another cool front to come through. It's too late in the year to be over 90.

Backseat Radio

Been a rough couple of days here.  My grandma passed away Tuesday night.  Spent yesterday and today at the viewing and funeral.

:sadbounce:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Sorry, Tia.

Been a busy day today. Hauled stuff to the dump, picked up the next 6 months' worth of laundry soap and softener - we buy it by the 5 gallon bucket from a local lady, $35 a bucket, much cheaper than buying at the store- and went to the youth service.
 Then I made it home and prepared to relax. That lasted about an hour before I got a call to go help our associate pastor who'd had a sewer drain house o their travel trailer that they are temporarily living in bust and spew nasty stuff all over the church parking lot. I drug the power washer up there and some bleach and cleaned it up. I intend to cook French toast tomorrow morning, a pot roast tomorrow afternoon, and do nothing useful otherwise.

And for once, I'm kinda looking forward to the cooler weather. :sing: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :sing:

MelodyB

What is snow again? Never seen it so I'm not sure it exists.

Got my key to my new place.

And my schedule for next week. From Monday to Saturday I will be working a whopping 70.5 hours total with my BK job in the mornings and the fair in the afternoon and evening. I work from 5am till 11, at BK, and then 12-8pm at the fair M-F, and Saturda, just the fair 12-8p. But all that comes to 70.5 hours of paid work time.

Thanking God for provision, but I need Him to give me strength and stamina as well. Lol

Up and about to make tomato gravy and biscuts for breakfast and then get ready and head to church.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Snow. A cold white stuff that causes people to lose their minds while in their car, and now gives me a paid day off of work. :lol:

I got up, put on the roast, fixed and ate French Toast with Chey on the front porch. I rained most of the night here, and there was some rain and wind this morning. It's cool- actually feels like fall.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 15, 2017, 03:55:12 AMAnd for once, I'm kinda looking forward to the cooler weather. :sing: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :sing:
Uh huh. Right up until about the third day of snow. Then you'll be tired of it and complaining about you're ready for spring. Bet you'll say "even summer would be nicer than all this cold and wet and snow" too.

http://gocomics.com/wizardofid/2016/01/29
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 15, 2017, 06:07:25 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 15, 2017, 03:55:12 AMAnd for once, I'm kinda looking forward to the cooler weather. :sing: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :sing:
Uh huh. Right up until about the third day of snow. Then you'll be tired of it and complaining about you're ready for spring. Bet you'll say "even summer would be nicer than all this cold and wet and snow" too.

http://gocomics.com/wizardofid/2016/01/29
I'm always ready for summer and spring. The warm weather, even hot weather is my jam.
But the idea of a few free days off excites me.
And in sharing, I bought a carton of Eggnog today. No idea what brand, but it said it was "vanilla spice". It is flowerin' amazing. I'm in love.

Ashlee

Quote from: Roscoe on October 03, 2017, 08:25:32 PM
Quote from: Ashlee on October 03, 2017, 02:08:04 PMWait...we can "like" posts now?  What is this? Facebook? Lol  How did I miss that. lol   :stupid:
We has came into the 21st century. At one time, you could "smite" those you disliked. I miss that...lol

And about time you came around. Maybe you can inspire the rest o' the reprobates who use to come here regularly to return. I miss 'em...

Haha. I miss smiting too!  And yeah...idk about everyone else, but I'll definitely try to get online more. I could use more people like you guys in my life.

Ashlee

Quote from: Backseat Radio on October 14, 2017, 11:04:39 PMBeen a rough couple of days here.  My grandma passed away Tuesday night.  Spent yesterday and today at the viewing and funeral.

:sadbounce:

Lost my grandma several years ago. Just buried hubbies last month. It's very hard. :(  *hugs*

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 16, 2017, 03:08:26 AMAnd in sharing, I bought a carton of Eggnog today. No idea what brand, but it said it was "vanilla spice". It is flowerin' amazing. I'm in love.
Ah, t'is a magical time of year. :D And vanilla spice... I think that is the Southern Comfort brand. (No, not THAT Southern Comfort... this is non-alcoholic.) It's not half bad.

A friend at church makes a big deal about hating the Christmas season and everything connected to it, including egg nog. Just to tease him I sent him a picture of the first carton of egg nog I bought and he texted back, "The season we are in is FALL. This is the season for pumpkin spice everything." So a couple days ago I found pumpkin spice egg nog in the store. I asked him if I should pick up a carton for him. He replied with a gagging sound. Just can't help some people...
"Do you sing at church?"