News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Eating roast beef with sour cream & chive potatoes, washing it down with a good ole cold Pepsi! YUM!

Is it Friday? I get to see my parents this weekend. :D

Roscoe

Morning. I'm at work. Made two apple pies last night, the first that I've ever made completely from scratch. They were good, but I don't think I'll use granny smith apples again, they were a bit more tart that I wanted.
 Totally not wanting to be here, totally not wishing to be, totally ready for Friday
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Pink Lady apples are my favorite! I can't really handle the Granny Smith, but my husband LOVES them. I like sweet & he likes tart, haha.

Leftovers from lunch yesterday, more roast beef & potatoes.. thankfully I really like these. :)

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 28, 2017, 01:48:56 PMMorning. I'm at work. Made two apple pies last night, the first that I've ever made completely from scratch. They were good, but I don't think I'll use granny smith apples again, they were a bit more tart that I wanted.
 Totally not wanting to be here, totally not wishing to be, totally ready for Friday
Well that's the reason God invented honey. Slices of Granny Smith apples fried in Honey and a little fresh butter... That would even make an atheist shout hallelujah!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I'm more of a sweet apple fan, even more so in my pies. Are the Pink Lady apples good for baking? As it eases into fall I'm preparing to get into baking season..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I haven't ever baked with any apples, so I'm not really sure about baking with Pink Lady ones. but I'd be willing to try something baked with them! haha

Roscoe

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Urgh. I guess I need to get up and do something productive since it is noon.  Been beautiful here the last couple of days.

Heather

dad's been sick. not with cancer but with a sinus infection, so he thinks he's dying  :roll:  cancer, no problem. sinus infection, death. men...

i've been taking it easy and trying to subside my anxiety. officially withdrawn from school. vacation in 5 days. i will be picking up a little more work but not much.

we just finished up an excellent revival at church.

tuesday i'm going to adopt my ex-husbands soon to be ex-wife's cat.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Bobby I dreamed I went over to visit you, but you weren't home. So I fiddled with your ham radio set for a while. The higher frequencies had people talking to each other, but the lower ones had a lot of music radio and commercials.

So if you find a lot of settings have been changed on your radio, that's why.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 02, 2017, 12:52:35 PMBobby I dreamed I went over to visit you, but you weren't home. So I fiddled with your ham radio set for a while. The higher frequencies had people talking to each other, but the lower ones had a lot of music radio and commercials.

So if you find a lot of settings have been changed on your radio, that's why.
:pound::pound: Chester Molester of radios! :pound:

Hi all. Stayed hooked up today. Spent $165 for a part for the a/C. I was very pleased it wasn't more than that. Not so pleased to have to part with that, but thankful it was there to part with, if that makes sense.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm tired. All our kids were here this weekend. I cooked "Thanksgiving" dinner. Dina & baby girl are at Chel's house & leave to head back to Cambodia tomorrow. :(

Ashlee

Aww I miss you guys! Especially the purple fuzzy family!  May be moving closer to you guys in a few months!  Or so I hope.

Ashlee

Wait...we can "like" posts now?  What is this? Facebook? Lol  How did I miss that. lol   :stupid:

Roscoe

Quote from: Ashlee on October 03, 2017, 02:08:04 PMWait...we can "like" posts now?  What is this? Facebook? Lol  How did I miss that. lol   :stupid:
We has came into the 21st century. At one time, you could "smite" those you disliked. I miss that...lol

And about time you came around. Maybe you can inspire the rest o' the reprobates who use to come here regularly to return. I miss 'em...

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Hello all.

Chel, I can't swing a trip there in the foreseeable future, but maybe one day.

I made my lasagna in a disposable lasagna pan cause I didn't have another pan that was suitable. :sadbounce:

But the taste was amazing and I have a lot left even after three of us pigged out on it.

Been working two jobs these past weeks. Car show  (Crusin the Coast) season is upon us, and in two weeks I'll be at the fair all week selling lemonade.

I'm so tired, but it's money, and I desperately need it.

I love and miss y'all. :hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

EGGNOG SEASON is upon us! WOOHOO! I have been waiting for this ever since last Christmas.

The first brand of eggnog was seen on the store shelf (and a carton was promptly procured) tonight. It's Southern Comfort (non-alcoholic) brand, and that brand does have a slightly heavy hand with the spices... it's not my all-time favorite brand, and as soon as my favorite brand comes out I will switch to it.  But it is the first, so I will gladly take it until my favorite brand cranks up.

Here's a toast to the holiday season! May all your days be merry, bright and viewed through the bottom of a cream-coated glass.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I never really drank any eggnog. Don't know why...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Eggnog - gaaaaaaaag.

Finally finishing the chicken that Jeremy cooked last week. It's delicious, just.. too much hahahaha.

I'm ready for a juicy pan-fried OR grilled hamburger.. Yum.

Lynx

Sorry, I didn't know there were so many eggnog haters. I'll try to keep my elation to myself.
"Do you sing at church?"