Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Been a long day. Came home, got the lawnmower and went out to our associate pastor's land and mowed some of the bumpiest ground I've even been on. Have every intention of slipping off early from work tomorrow and going to check out the fall swap meet on the mountain..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Let's see... I wonder if I can call up some of them wayward chilluns and stir up something to keep Bobby busy.

Nah! Have fun Bobby.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 22, 2017, 11:05:30 AMLet's see... I wonder if I can call up some of them wayward chilluns and stir up something to keep Bobby busy.

Nah! Have fun Bobby.
If you do, I'll lock them up with a parole hold, and while they are occupied, I'll make a surprise trip to Tennessee to deal with a certain feline-ish character in a manner he will not enjoy.

Heather

After a heart to heart with Brandon, I'm withdrawing from school. I'm just not in it this semester. I really just need to take a breather. Dad is doing well. Brandon is in school and working. I have my job [which I will stay part time and not pile on the responsibility!]. I have to do something to get my body in check. I've been so full of anxiety the past 2 weeks I've stayed sick the entire time and my body won't relax [hence headaches, muscle and joint problems, stomach issues, etc.]. I'm so incredibly thankful for an understanding husband.

Open to closes at work the next 2 days. Church then a work shift sunday. Have a good weekend all!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Some people need to learn to do the "Cliff notes" version of a story. :zzz: :sulk:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 22, 2017, 08:09:25 PMSome people need to learn to do the "Cliff notes" version of a story. :zzz: :sulk:
:lol: I'm sure that's been said about me a time or two.
I'm pleased. I did bail outta work early, and while laying in the recliner, I discovered one of my former favorite country singers, Lefty Frizzell, has a baby brother who sounds much like he did and sings country gospel. The type that Ruby would be throwing things at. The honkey tonk sound. In short, I went to my favorite indie music site, cdbaby, and $10 later I'm jamming to some AWESOME redneck country gospel. I'm totally tempted to make a cd of it and send it to Ruby and Chris, just to hear her head explode upon hearing it around the kiddos. :laughhard:

Lynx

And what is the name of this baby brother, that I may research said music on youtube?

Does he sound anything like James Payne?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 23, 2017, 01:31:39 AMAnd what is the name of this baby brother, that I may research said music on youtube?

Does he sound anything like James Payne?
Allen Frizzell

Roscoe

:hi: Got up early this morning, enjoyed a bit of antique road time and browsing the swap meet with Pastor. IT got hot and now I ran inside instead of completing the several hundred outside chores I need to complete...

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

But they will also be there later in the year... when it is cooler outside. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

They'll be there when I get to 'em... Made a smoked meatloaf a few ago. Tasty. Laying around until I have to get ready for church.

Roscoe

*TAP,TAP* This thing on?? Where'd everybody go? Ya heathens need to post, even if it's nothing important.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Been busy visiting with Dina. Took her to MS to visit her in laws so they could see the baby. Glad to be home.

Roscoe

Lord I am SO lazy tonight. I haven't done a lick of anything useful tonight. Worked nonstop today though. There is a never ending supply of people who make bad choices daily around here...

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 25, 2017, 04:46:54 PM*TAP,TAP* This thing on?? Where'd everybody go? Ya heathens need to post, even if it's nothing important.
*shrug* Okay. "Nothing important."

Only thing new here is, the fleas are back. I took the permethrin bottle and soaked down a stripe on the dog's back, then loaded up the sprayer with diluted permethrin and dawn dishwashing liquid and sprayed down the whole carport. Probably overkill, but I want them things GONE!

Anyone else had bad trouble with sand fleas the last couple years?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

No. But I am having an issue with snakes!:pound: Last year or year before last,  a little water snake got in the house. I lost my mind, killed it and moved on.
 This morning at 630 Lou woke me up to tell me there was another in the kitchen. It was a tiny little thing around 6 inches long, but I still beat it to death with the broom, totally demolishing the broom in the meantime. How those things get in the house I don't know. Our house is so tight when you turn the attic fan on, it'll * s.uck* the doors closed....???

And I hate that filter. When used in the proper context, s.uck IS a valid word. :pound:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on September 26, 2017, 05:09:57 PMAnd I hate that filter. When used in the proper context, s.uck IS a valid word. :pound:

yea seems a little extreme at this point. :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on September 27, 2017, 12:40:59 PMI have no voice at the moment.
And in related news, Robbie's favorite gospel song is being sung today- :sing:  "There will be peace, in the valley for meeeee, today. There will be peaaace...." :sing:
 :couch: