News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

Robbie went hunting this morning. In his car. On the way to work. :grin: with us in the car with him. Ugh. He got a doe- and a messed up rear fender where the stupid creature ran into his car. He now has a fur trimmed rear tire, and a really glad wife that it was the car that was already banged up. Lol. And thankfully it's still driveable after he rearranged the fender that was rubbing with his bare hands!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on November 29, 2018, 03:52:04 PMRobbie went hunting this morning. In his car. On the way to work. :grin: with us in the car with him. Ugh. He got a doe- and a messed up rear fender where the stupid creature ran into his car. He now has a fur trimmed rear tire, and a really glad wife that it was the car that was already banged up. Lol. And thankfully it's still driveable after he rearranged the fender that was rubbing with his bare hands!
Expensive weapon, that. Glad y'all are ok... Did any of the meat survive?
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: sunlight on November 29, 2018, 03:52:04 PMRobbie went hunting this morning. In his car. On the way to work. :grin: with us in the car with him. Ugh. He got a doe- and a messed up rear fender where the stupid creature ran into his car. He now has a fur trimmed rear tire, and a really glad wife that it was the car that was already banged up. Lol. And thankfully it's still driveable after he rearranged the fender that was rubbing with his bare hands!
Oh my!

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on November 29, 2018, 03:55:47 PM
Expensive weapon, that. Glad y'all are ok... Did any of the meat survive?
He called one of our friends who was getting off work and he went and got the deer.

Lynx

I knew I liked that guy. He sounds a lot like me. "It still rolls (wrench!) so everything is okay." Glad the meat is being used... and where is the meat going? Inquiring felines want to know. =^.^=
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Quote from: Lynx on November 29, 2018, 11:48:39 PMI knew I liked that guy. He sounds a lot like me. "It still rolls (wrench!) so everything is okay." Glad the meat is being used... and where is the meat going? Inquiring felines want to know. =^.^=
One of the guys from our church went and got it- so he got the meat and then proceeded to use the innards to teach his young daughters their anatomy lessons for the day. Lol. They got to see the heart and other stuff. One was excited. The other not so much. Lol.

Heather

Sis Bean and I spent 3 hours talking over smoothie bowls. It was glorious.

Our bathroom floor was repaired this week in less than 48 hours. I was impressed considering they had to go all the way down to the joist. I think I spelled that right. ::shrug:: But we spent those 48 hours at my mom's house. It went better than I expected it to, but I was sure glad to get home yesterday afternoon.

It's been cold and now it's rainy. Picked up some extra hours tomorrow at work. Now to do some laundry, decorate our "tree" and sketch out December's budget.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi: Shew. Thank the LORD it is Friday. This week has been obviously the Lord's, since " one day is with the Lord as a thousand years" (2 Peter 3, verse eight). I could almost believe this week has been 7,000 years long.
Went out and grabbed a couple home visits, now I'm killing time in the office until quitting time. I've ALMOST got my hearing back in my left ear. I hate head colds.
 And finally in my shotgun style sharing, Lou is miffed. She came out of Walmart last night and went to open her car door, only to have the handle come off in her hand. She had to crawl over the console, and moaned bitterly about it. The handle had two little plastic tabs that broke off. I ordered a new one on ebay, but it won't be here until Wednesday. I've got it rigged right now, if she is careful it will work, but if not, she is in for morning calisthenics every time she gets in until then. This makes her less than happy.  Oh well, I tried- all the local parts stores and the dealership would have to order it...

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I hear ya Bro. Bobby. My Mazda MPV apparently has a bullet-proof powertrain... and everything else is cheap plastic. I've had three door handles fail so far, plus a whole lot of minor stuff broke off. I've done a fair amount of jury rigging that you have to be careful with.

Protip: With enough epoxy a temporary fix can be made into a permanent one that you don't have to be so careful with. It looks a sight, and it's not reversible, and if you care how your car looks you should not do it, but it works very well for me.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

The Sun is shining again today. Storms last night.

Roscoe

We got a bit of rain last night- actually,quite a bit. But it was pretty and warm today. Chey and I went to the range and the gun shop, then came home. All in all,a good day.

Roscoe

Y'all are awful quiet. Post, Thou varlets. :pound:
It's totally an Albert King/blues day. I'm grumpy and annoyed at life in general, for no real reason.

mini

In sharing.

Bad storms here Friday night.  Tore up a lot of stuff north of me.

Had to take the dog to the vet Saturday.  She had/has a kidney infection.  I knew she wasn't feeling good when she didn't try to eat the vet.  Guess I need to give her cranberry juice.

I also did home visits.

Sunday we had good church.

Sunday afternoon, my BIL called, and he brought us some boudain balls, straight from Lousiana.  *whew*

Sunday evening we made peanut brittle.

Now I am at work, fighting issues caused by Friday's storms.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

MsJennJenn

I'm falling asleep at my desk. Had breakfast this morning with the boss.

But it's my LAST WEEK OF GRADUATE SCHOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  :hyper:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

I'm so thankful all those scary storms did not hit our small area! They went north of us and devastated some areas tho. :(

Roscoe.. Our Elantra's back driver's side door handle came off too. It's SO irritating. I'm thankful that it's no longer our family vehicle and my husband is supposed to fix it sometime.. i.e. I no longer have to deal with it anyway, haha.

I think I'm basically done shopping for Christmas. My dad is so hard to buy for that he kinda gets lumped into mom's presents. She's TOO easy to buy for. All I have left are a couple of gift cards for the husband's family, but everything else is done.

Also.. I'm hungry. I had spicy tuna w/ Ritz crackers and shredded cheddar cheese.. and I barely choked it down. I didn't want it, I don't seem to like it anymore, but that's what was in my drawer! lol.. I need to make some extra food tonight for lunches!

Also.. I need a nap.

That's it.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on December 03, 2018, 08:50:01 PMI think I'm basically done shopping for Christmas. My dad is so hard to buy for that he kinda gets lumped into mom's presents. She's TOO easy to buy for. All I have left are a couple of gift cards for the husband's family, but everything else is done.

Also.. I'm hungry. I had spicy tuna w/ Ritz crackers and shredded cheddar cheese.. and I barely choked it down. I didn't want it, I don't seem to like it anymore, but that's what was in my drawer! lol.. I need to make some extra food tonight for lunches!

I'm also just about done with my Christmas shopping too. I have one thing left to find for Daddy. And maybe my bro.

I like those flavored tuna packets, but I reallllllllllly have to be in the mood to eat them sometimes lol...
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
 Sitting here at my desk, just two hours into the work day. Fighting tears, because I just got word one of my childhood spiritual heroes, Rev Gene Sorrells, slipped into eternity this morning. Everyone knew it was coming, and truthfully it is all around better, but still, it is so hard seeing someone you've admired and looked up to for years leave. If you know her, or even if you don't, please say a prayer for Sis Sorrells. This is going to be doubly hard for her- their only son, Joel, passed a few years ago on December 5th, and now, Bro Sorrells- gonna make for a real hard time.

And in sharing, I felt poorly yesterday, wanted to go home and lay down. Instead, I got roped into going and helping a friend who had no other help move a washer and dryer. And no, it couldn't be across town- it was the other side of Little Rock. I didn't get in until after 9 pm...

MsJennJenn

Just submitted my last homework assignment EVAARRRR!

:bustamove:

Feels surreal.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on December 04, 2018, 06:26:08 PM:hi:
 Sitting here at my desk, just two hours into the work day. Fighting tears, because I just got word one of my childhood spiritual heroes, Rev Gene Sorrells, slipped into eternity this morning. Everyone knew it was coming, and truthfully it is all around better, but still, it is so hard seeing someone you've admired and looked up to for years leave. If you know her, or even if you don't, please say a prayer for Sis Sorrells. This is going to be doubly hard for her- their only son, Joel, passed a few years ago on December 5th, and now, Bro Sorrells- gonna make for a real hard time.

And in sharing, I felt poorly yesterday, wanted to go home and lay down. Instead, I got roped into going and helping a friend who had no other help move a washer and dryer. And no, it couldn't be across town- it was the other side of Little Rock. I didn't get in until after 9 pm...
Aww. I really liked the Sorrels

Roscoe

:hi: At work. It's cold. We might get snow this weekend.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Made a perfect A - 900 out of 900 points on my 52 page, 19 slide Capstone marketing portfolio!!!  :disco:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

I'm sold. What is a Capstone and where can I buy one?

Notice I didn't ask how much a Capstone costs. You know you are really good at marketing when they don't say "How much is it?" before they say "I want one!"
"Do you sing at church?"