News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Urgh.  Good morning, all. Just got up- nothing I have to do today. Good thing cause I have no money with which to do it. I may go out to the shop, fire up the heater and work on one of Rusty's door panels.
And I feel like a tool this morning. Internet went down sometime late last night. I rebooted the modem, fussed with it, and finaly called Hughesnet. The problem? My ROUTER needed reset. I don't know why I didn't think of that, other than the fact that its lights were showing no issues. Totally deserve to lose my quasi-nerd card for that.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

You are a ham radio geek. You don't need a nerd card, quasi or otherwise.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Well. Today has been a gloomy, cold day. I did do a little work on Rusty, made one of the door panels and covered it. Not sure if I'm going to redo it or not- it looks ok, but there some things I want to do differently.  Now I'm waiting on the mother in law to call and tell me when I can come pick Chey up. Wishing she'd hurry up with that- I'd like some chicken strips and we are out, but I don't wanna waste a trip to town..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Worked this am. 7th day in a row due to my man toddler supervisor being "sick". However, got EVERYTHING done in 4.7 hours when none of the other 3 can get the stuff done in 6. So I'm off early, eating lunch with husband, then heading to church. I haven't been in a week due to exhaustion and not having the gas to get back and forth.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi:
It's Sunday.  Day of rest for me, if I turn my imaginary hearing aids off so I can't hear Lou bellerin' about cleaning up. For some reason, she picks Sunday to be her "Clean the house" day, and imagines EVERY week that I have told her I will help. " Lou: mop the floor, steam them, wash the dishes, blah blah, you said you'd help."
No. I have NEVER said that I would help on Sunday. I try to help a bit through the week, and Saturdays, after I do all the grocery shopping, put dinner on, and my few outside chores, I may step in and help, but Sunday is my "lay in the recliner" day. Much like I won't schedule offenders to come see me on Fridays, I won't schedule cleaning on Sunday. :pound:
And in sharing I was getting really irritable about my W2 not being ready, as I already have Lou's. Then I looked and realized I didn't get it last year until the 24th. I guess I'm just impatient, because I worry that the .gov may stay down in this stupid political peeing contest and they will find a reason to keep my money, which I NEED. I have a hospital bill to pay off, a checking account that has gotten dangerously low, and I would like to have a vacation in March. We are considering San Antonio or back to Mel's area, Pensacola, ect...

Lynx

That's right brother, never compromise on important principles like a day of rest. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

By the way Bobby I wanted to say I share in your joy about the Teflon Man getting a charge stuck. When people get away with something they keep doing it, which makes everybody else a bit less safe.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

We had one of those services where you just come home and pass out. Sheesh. It was an awesome one though and won't ever be forgotten.

We need to refigure out approach to our budget. I've budgeted for the month but Brandon is only counting for the 2 weeks between pay periods. I think I'm just gonna pull cash and do the envelope system. When his envelope is empty for the 2 weeks, it's empty. Sorry bud.

The Purple Fuzzy

I went to see my aunt in the hospital. It so hard seeing someone you love visibly decline. :(

Heather

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 14, 2019, 01:33:14 AMI went to see my aunt in the hospital. It so hard seeing someone you love visibly decline. :(

It is the absolute worst ::hugs PF::

Roscoe

:stupid:

Although, that is possibly not the best emoji...LOL. Sorry Heather.

Morning all. Amazing service last night. Like God Himself wrapped his arms around everyone....I REALLY needed that.
Back at work and it is going to be busy- in addition to all of my stuff, I also have a couple intakes for myself and a couple intakes for another officer who is out. I won't have time to think today, I suspect...

Heather

Thanks Roscoe, I'll remember that.....

It's my day off!!! And I'm torn between super cleaning my house and being a complete lazy bum! I really want to take a complete intentional rest day BUT I have a full schedule all week. I guess I could at least work on laundry and finish my closet purge today. Tidy up the living room. Sigh.....

mini

Quote from: Lynx on January 11, 2019, 07:21:05 PMMini did y'all return the sock?

No.  I think we told them about it.

Morning everyone.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

They're putting my aunt on hospice. She is a second mom to me.

Roscoe

I hate that Fuzzy.  Praying, both for you and for her.
I'm back at work. My brain seems to be misfiring. I am currently attempting to override it with large amounts of sweet, hot coffee.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 14, 2019, 11:33:06 PMThey're putting my aunt on hospice. She is a second mom to me.

:hug: Time is swift. Sorry Sandra.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
 Lord, I'm ready for today to be over...... but it's church night, which means no sleep for me like I would like...

Heather

::HUGS PF SUPER TIGHT::

budget update: we are keeping a simple sheet of notebook paper on the wall beside a giant calendar. we are keeping a running tab on what goes in and what goes out of the bank account. It's essentially a checkbook balance for everyone to see. haha.

Brandon interviewed for 2 assistant manager positions today. 1 at Advance Auto and 1 at Lowe's. He really wants the Lowe's position. Plus it's in the next town over which means eventually we could move to my ideal location midpoint between both our work places and make our drive to church half the time. Mostly though, I just want the Lord's will and for my husband to be excited about something again.

Heather

Also, my former pastors are wandering around Texas currently on their deputation. If you have a chance to see the Lewis', Missionaries to Germany, please go hear them and give them a big ole hug from me!

Nelle

I have been trying to share the responsibility of the the knowledge of our finances and budget as my husband's hobbies have become a bit more costly. Last night that poor boy got quite a look at it all. I showed him my Excel spreadsheets of our balances, our promotional offer/balances, and our year-at-a-glance budget. LOL.. He said he wouldn't be spending money for several years after his last huge purchase. (He has been wanting a gaming computer..) We can thankfully pay this off over a years time, so I was able to help him get what he needed for it. He works very hard and has little 'hobby' time - so I'm glad his hobby time isn't alcohol or partying with crazy friends or out-of-the-house.. but instead is IN the house where I can still see him and see that he's safe.. and make him go to bed. LOL.

It's raining today. The weatherman posted that it's been 6 days since we have seen sunshine. I miss my sun... It makes my days brighter both literally and figuratively. I needs it.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on January 17, 2019, 04:26:49 PMIt's raining today. The weatherman posted that it's been 6 days since we have seen sunshine. I miss my sun... It makes my days brighter both literally and figuratively. I needs it.

I hate it when the sun isn't out. It really impacts me.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Nelle: if his hobby involves purchasing a gaming computer, I can well imagine you would need to remind him to go to bed. I know exactly how that is...
"Do you sing at church?"