News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Its the return of Kevin in Sharing 467!

Started by mini, August 20, 2012, 05:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Isaac! Check your email for pics of the cape. It's done! :bigcheese:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Perfect timing... Just this morning I placed an order for two 3-terabyte hard drives. 

Can you wait a week for payment? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

No, it's sinus. It only happens twice a year. When the weather goes from hot to cool, or from cool to hot. It usually takes a couple of weeks for my sinuses to adjust. In the meantime, it bleeds. Several a day for a couple of weeks. Not majorly like gushing out. That only has happens once. But just enough inside where I have to blow and blow frequently and it's annoying. Lol

At night, it dries up inside my nose and in the morning it takes forever to get it all out and be able to breathe normally again. Nuisance really.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Isaac - no problem. :) And thanks for being a patient customer. I wouldn't even be able to do large projects like this for some people. I love being able to go ahead and accept larger orders, knowing that a particular client won't be upset if it doesn't arrive within 2 or 3 weeks. It gives me the creative fun of doing large projects, and also the flexibility to work around my family's needs. Seriously - thanks. :)

Sorry about the nosebleeds, Mel. :-( Trenton used to get tons of them. Not fun.

Lynx

Well shoot, if I'd known I was doing you a favor I would have argued for half-price...     :teeth:

Hush Isaac. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

:pound: And I would have told you to go jump in a lake. :P

Lynx

Currently jumping in a lake is most tempting.  I've been mowing Grandma's yard.  Grandma has a very dusty yard. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 23, 2012, 07:06:28 PM
Quote:
Because it selectively kills the insulin-producing beta-cells found in the pancreas, alloxan is used to induce diabetes in laboratory animals. This occurs most likely because of selective uptake of the compound due to its structural similarity to glucose as well as the beta-cell's highly efficient uptake mechanism (GLUT2).

However, alloxan is not toxic to the human beta-cell, even in very high doses, probably due to differing glucose uptake mechanisms in humans and rodents.[7][8]Alloxan is, however, toxic to the liver and the kidneys in high doses.End quote.

http://biglifelittlegarden.blogspot.com/2012/01/pantry-raid-6-wheat-flour.html   is this source, may I see yours?

And there is FAR too much research that supports white flour/sugar being attributed to diabetes and other diseases so I'm still going to go with the fact that its_not_good_ at ALL.

kmymbir

Quote from: MelodyB on August 23, 2012, 06:21:20 PM
I hope you all have a great day, I plan to, even if it kills others... hehehehe
OHHH MELLL.........

:o

Ummm.

* MelodyB runs away

Hey friend, where you going, it will not hurt..... Much...
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Heather

I've ready quite a few books on Mormons. The most informative was 'Under the Banner of Heaven' by Jon Krakauer. Gave all sorts of history. I find the crazy polygamist completely intriguing. But I'm also the same girl who watched 4 hours about cults the other day. I know. I'm weird.

And the Tennessee version of Branson is our very own Pigeon Forge/Sevierville/Gatlinburg!! I thought that's where all the pentecostals go?!?! I know quite a few people from waaaayy out of state that go there. You may even get to set eyes on our very own Dolly Parton at Dollywood!  :o

It must be nice being the owners stepdaughter at work. I mean she gets paid more than anyone else to do nothing but sit in the back and talk to her cousin all day.  :roll:

Operation natural hair color is in it's final stages. Hopefully by tonight all the orange will be gone from my hair  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

MsJennJenn

My dog needs a camera crew to see what he gets into....

Apparently he got into something that made him have this HUGE allergic reaction this week. Mom took him to the vet this morning because he had large red welps ALL over him. He got 2 shots, medicine and lotion.

When he was a puppy, he got into rat poisoning at my Grandparents house....

He's fallen in the pool twice....

Crazy dog! Oh I love him so!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Lord, I'll have to catch up with all you people's ramblings when I get a chance from the end of last thread and this one.

The Purple Fuzzy

Rambling, rumbling, wrestling, wrangling...  hmmm  I give up.

Melody

what's rumbling and wrangling?  Rumbling is what thunder and tummies do right?  and wrangling is what cowboys do when they lasso something, right?

I love accents and culture venacular.

MelodyB

Welp. I witnessed another wedding!! This time it was an elderly couple in our church who were married (to each other) a long time ago, and they stayed married for 20 years. Then they divorced cause they could get more money from the government checks and such if they were not married. So they divorced and just lived together. He is a natural born Jew and she was catholic. Well now they have both seen the light and are apostolic. But they recently decided to do what is right with God and remarry. No matter what benifits they lose. So they did! Yay! It was so sweet.

Both have been baptized, but only the man has received the Holy Ghost as of yet.

I'm fittin to go to bed. Gotta get up early and take dad to get his catheter in his chest taken out. Surgery is at 7am.

Another long day ahead waiting waiting waiting.

Heather

Jenn-sounds like a bee sting. My mom's dog Huxley tried to swallow one and it stung him IN his mouth. He was all swelled up and red around his face. I joked it looked like he's been in a fight club.

I've been known to wrangle some dogs before at work....

MsJennJenn

Well he does eat random things. They're always eating something in the backyard...I caught him with a dead locust the other night.
Mom does have a lot of plants in the backyard. Who knows...lol they were ALL over his whole body though. Not his face though.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 23, 2012, 08:20:01 PM
http://biglifelittlegarden.blogspot.com/2012/01/pantry-raid-6-wheat-flour.html   is this source, may I see yours?

And there is FAR too much research that supports white flour/sugar being attributed to diabetes and other diseases so I'm still going to go with the fact that its_not_good_ at ALL.
Mine is Wikipedia, neither more or less valid.  But alloxan aside, white flour is basically starch, which turns to sugar in the body.  Between dumping sugar in everything and using white flour, small wonder we have so many diabetics.

In nature, that which is sweet is good for you.  Sugar cane and sugar beets are loaded with trace elements, vitamins and minerals.  Fruits of all sorts are good for you, as is honey, which was used for millennia to sweeten food.  But man decided he didn't want the honey flavor in what he sweetened, so he took the sugar out of the sugar cane and sugar beets.  He took what tasted good and threw away the part that was good for you.  Likewise with most processed foods - flour, cheese, even what they do to most vegetables when they can them - the more processed it is, the less it is good for you. 

That is why processed food is bad for you, because the processor has the wrong objective.  Food that tastes better sells better, food that lasts longer on the shelf has less being thrown away because it is old, so the manufacturer has every reason to process food for the wrong reason, toward the wrong end-goal.  Things that are sweet sell better than things that are less sweet.  The more salt you add, the longer food is preserved (and the more water weight you can add, which is why too much salt is becoming an epidemic problem in the U.K.)  So we are left with markets full of white flour, sugar in everything and hot dogs that (I kid you not) don't decompose over decades in the landfill.

I will say though, there is one thing I think should have sugar added.  Chocolate!  :D  I go more for the 70% cocoa so there isn't a lot of room for sugar.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

And I am convinced companies could just as easily process foods to be MORE nutritious instead of less.  They'd go bankrupt though, nobody would buy it.  There is a great disparity between what people want, will pay for, and need.   :smirk2:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Melody

I agree completely Isaac. 

If food was more localized, shelf life wouldn't be as much of an issue. That won't happen though. I grew up on canned food, not sure when I Ever got vitamins... Lol

We get sick like the world cause we eat like the world.  There's no Godly separation.

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on August 24, 2012, 11:57:09 AM
Morning.

It seemed to be a short night.
I agree. They finally got my power turned back on last night. Now I am up and fixing to take Chey to school.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Hurricane Isaac's projected path is right for our area. :smirk2:

Waiting still for dad to get done. His surgery is done and went well. Just waiting to take home home.