News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

It will be like Heaven, when I finally find Kevin, in Sharing 4-5-7!!

Started by MelodyB, February 15, 2012, 05:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

okieoliveoyl

Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Heather

i'm at work. couldn't stand the thought of another sandwish so i made me a big ole bowl of yogurt with strawberry, peach, and banana parts. stuck it in the freezer when i got here and now it's frozen. de-licious.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on February 16, 2012, 05:48:20 PM
i'm at work. couldn't stand the thought of another sandwish so i made me a big ole bowl of yogurt with strawberry, peach, and banana parts. stuck it in the freezer when i got here and now it's frozen. de-licious.

That sounds uuuuuuuumaaazzzing!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Yeah it does!  I seen on pinterest to dip fruit in yogurt & roll in whatever for a pretty snack.  I still haven't tried it.

Lynx

Dip fruit in melted Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream, then roll in chocolate chips!  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Well, Mom just called. Dad is for sure starting dialysis on Monday.

Ugh.

Roscoe

Man. I love my job. Only in Arkansas would you suddenly hear the sounds of a fiddle and banjo wafting through the State Capitol.  :laughhard: Being somewhat of a bluegrass nut, I investigated- and discovered a lobbyist playing the banjo, a senator singing, and another senator playing the fiddle. I wasted an hour just listening, and scored a cd for my troubles. They were so good I even enjoyed "Walk across Texas".
I'd vote for those three even if I didn't agree with their policies.....just to hear the music. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on February 16, 2012, 07:08:07 PM
I'd vote for those three even if I didn't agree with their policies.....just to hear the music. :laughhard:

Annndd this kind of response is why we have who we currently have in the presidential office. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 16, 2012, 07:17:38 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 16, 2012, 07:08:07 PM

Annndd this kind of response is why we have who we currently have in the presidential office. lol
LOL. Don't be silly. I bet the president don't like bluegrass.. :laughhard:
And that was said completely tongue in cheek- the two senators both had the intelligence to agree with my political views. :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 16, 2012, 07:25:14 PM
Roscoe, my hubby plays the banjo.
One more reason why I think we'd get along.....That's such a happy sounding instrument. I don't see how you could be unhappy hearing it.... :biglaugh:

The Purple Fuzzy

There are tons of unhappy bluegrass songs...

:sing:  undertaker, undertaker, won't you please drive slow... :cry2:

:sing: It takes a worried man to sing a worried song...

;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 16, 2012, 08:19:29 PM
There are tons of unhappy bluegrass songs...

:sing:  undertaker, undertaker, won't you please drive slow... :cry2:

:sing: It takes a worried man to sing a worried song...

;)
The songs may be sad....but the banjo sounds so happy, even during a sad song.  :lol: Of course, there IS the off chance that I'm just weird.  :P

The Purple Fuzzy

Banjos are made for fast songs.  Hubby doesn't like to play if it's a really slow song.

Lynx

Banjos don't sound right for sad songs.  Just don't fit. 

Although Moore and Napier did some gospel that had banjos on slow songs, and it sounded good.  But, being gospel, they weren't sad.

"When the stranger walked into the tavern
In answer to a lost sinner's prayer"  :sing:
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

LOL 

I played a prank on Nathan by adding bluegrass to his Pandora once.  It was hilarious, it completely threw him for a loop.  He made me take them off.

Chseeads

My grandma said she always wanted to play the banjo, but never did learn...she was too busy back in the day working to be have time...her brother could've taught her.

Oy....went to work and did stuff all over....  Came home just while ago....  Going to church now.

Roscoe

Chseeads

Went to church, came home, tended fowl.

And such.

:smirk2:

My, my legs and arms are tired after today.  Yipes.  I'm done in.

Nelle

Worked. Dermatologist. Hospital to be with a family in our church. He's our children's pastor, my friends' dad, one of my favorite little girls "Poppy" and an incredibly used & anointed man of God! He has stage four cancer and has an abscess in his colon that is bleeding. The bleeding must stop or he will bleed out. We were all reduced to tears in the CCU waiting room when we heard that. Only God is in the miracle business... Believing for a miracle! I know we would ALL appreciate your prayers for Bro. David Ramsey!

kmymbir

Bro. David Ramsey was lifted up in prayer at our church tonight.
We had a visiting preacher. Service was great.
Drove home with the gas light on and didn't even notice.
Realized I have a lot that needs to be done for this weekend.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MelodyB

kmymbir

That we did.
Sunday we will have more baptized..
I can feel it...
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown