News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Where Are You Spending The Holidays?

Started by Newsman, December 08, 2011, 12:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Family, friends, an event, or by yourself?

My mother passed in August, and I'm not immensely close with my sisters. I may spend it at a cabin in the hills.

How about you?

John  :waving:

Chseeads

Melody

For the 1st time in 14 yrs. we are staying home.  Praise the ever loving God. ☺

I've never been to a Christmas service on Christmas day so I'm looking forward to it.  I'll make a big dinner for afterwards.  I'm pretty sure we'll have an extra friend or two come over, so John if you are still going to be up this way, you are more than welcome.  The thing that gets said most about my home is that it's laid back and comfy.

Jaybee

We'll be home for Christmas Eve. On Christmas day we fly out to LA to spend the holidays with my sister!
"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward."

- Kierkegaard

IowaSkirtGirl

Christmas eve I work until 3, then to my mom's at 6 for food and gifts. Christmas AM church then home for presents. Church is first, because Jesus is the reason for the season :)
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Scott

Home or the Jail.

(depends if I have to bail anyone out on the 24th or 25th)
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

'Round here we have a tradition of having a family meeting Christmas Eve night to munch on snack stuff - sandwiches, chips'n'dip, crackers and Aunt Diane's cheeseball, etc.  Christmas morning we reconvene to have a traditional heart clogging family breakfast, and we all bring a $10 gift, wrapped and kept secret what is inside it, to play dirty santa after breakfast.

For the record, a traditional family breakfast consists of the following:  Grandma's biscuits, Uncle Fred's cheese and eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese grits, thick white gravy made from the sausage grease... pork tenderloin probably, but not always... something else but I can't remember what it is. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

upcchris

Morning service, lunch lots of greek food at relo's back home to sleep it off, or off to other relo's to eat more and *then* home to sleep it off. This year is the first year that we'll actually have a party on Christmas Eve as well.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Scott

On Christmas eve we eat either a homemade pizza or homemade Chili and Wings. The boys exchange a gift and then we watch a movie - usually Christmas Themed.

Christmas morning everyone sleeps until they wake up. We then read Luke Chapter 2 and open presents. We eat a late breakfast and then later in the day eat supper. Sometimes we play games sometimes we just kick back and relax.

It all changes if the extended family decides to have a party or full family dinner on either night.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

rootbeer

I will be working 12 hours Christmas eve and Christmas day.  Well I don't know how much I will actually be working but I will be at work.  I think all my sons will be at the house December 26. 
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

Chseeads

Quote from: Scott on December 09, 2011, 06:48:38 AM
Christmas morning everyone sleeps until they wake up.

I ALWAYS sleep until I wake up.

Lynx

Yeah I was wondering about that... what is the alternative?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Newsman

Lady Melodya,

Thank you very much for the invitation. I'm really hesitant, though, to intrude on others' family holiday together time. But it is VERY nice and sweet iof you to offer!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 08, 2011, 02:26:18 PM
For the 1st time in 14 yrs. we are staying home.  Praise the ever loving God. ☺

I've never been to a Christmas service on Christmas day so I'm looking forward to it.  I'll make a big dinner for afterwards.  I'm pretty sure we'll have an extra friend or two come over, so John if you are still going to be up this way, you are more than welcome.  The thing that gets said most about my home is that it's laid back and comfy.

Niki

The same as every year - here at home. My mom, brother and his family will come by for a few hours.
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 09, 2011, 06:11:36 PM
Yeah I was wondering about that... what is the alternative?

Most kids wake up early on Christmasl my kids you have to force them to get up.  But what I mean is we don't set a gift opening time. Just when everyone wakes up on their own.

I found out last night that we will be going to my in laws around 4pm on Christmas day.

The Never Ending Battle

photogirl

:clap: I will be going to Taco and Rainbow Jingles wedding!  :clap:   :hyper:  Christmas Eve and Christmas is family time :) 
  2 O'clock service on Christmas day.

Heather

Thursday I'll be attending a wedding of 1 Taco and 1 Rainbow Jingles. Then that evening we are doing Christmas with apb's family. Christmas Eve we'll go to my great aunt and uncles for food, bingo, and matching pajamas for the whole family. Christmas morning I'll be at my parents then that afternoon we're gonna make dinner for APB's dad and hang out with him.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Everyone here is going to the wedding except me!  :sadbounce:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Jeremy is driving down Friday night. We will leave my house after breakfast on Saturday morning to go to Illinois for Christmas with his family. We're going to see his mom before we go to his grandmas to see the rest of the fam. Sunday morning we're driving back to Arkansas fOr Christmas with my family. My brother & his wife are flying in from CA on Sunday! We'll all be meeting her for the first time! Then New Years Eve, they're having a wedding ceremony for all of us to be part of since we couldn't be there at the original in CA. fun times!

Chseeads

I am going to get me a plastic bubble to spend the holidays in to escape the bubonic plague.

Newsman

Just wait, Seth: someone will burst your bubble... :)

Chseeads

Lynx

Is anyone going to church this Sunday?

We won't be having a church service because nobody would show up on Christmas day, and it bugs me.  It's like not only having a birthday party for someone and inviting everyone EXCEPT him, but actually avoiding the person having the birthday and keeping the party a secret so he won't show up.   ???

"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

christmas eve I'll be working at walmart.  Christmas day I'll be going to morning service then some of the family is coming over to my house.