Started by Chseeads, April 03, 2011, 04:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on April 05, 2011, 12:57:36 AM
Yes I did.  That was impressive.
If they can do that in that short span of time, why does it take me years to get a vehicle even semi restored?  It's not fair! :biglaugh: It took me two weeks to get a radiator hose replaced on Rusty!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Why Taco whatever do you mean? I'm sharing right now, in this very thread.  :hypocrite:

On a different subject, this cake is delicious. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Give a man a piece of cake and he will thank you, give a man a recipe and he will rub it in your face when he makes it and wont share.
:laughhard: :laughhard:

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 05, 2011, 01:25:16 AM
Give a man a piece of cake and he will thank you, give a man a recipe and he will rub it in your face when he makes it and wont share.
:laughhard: :laughhard:
That'll preach, Taco. :laughhard:

Lynx

Well if he did try to share it would make a big mess.  Have you any idea how long it takes to internally clean a modem and thousands of miles of communication line?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Went to Sis. Axsom's viewing.  Was kind of saddened by it....not that that sort of thing is something that makes one happy anyways....but, the turn out was a let down to me.  There were hardly any church people there.  Just me and my mom and grandma, a couple other people from our church, and the Goddards (pastor at the church she went to when she moved back to Columbus after Bro. Axsom died) and Bro. Goddard's brother and his wife, and a few of her siblings or inlaws. 

Her sons and their families aren't in church.  But it just seems like after being a pastor's wife for 20 years and having been around so many other churches and knowing so many preachers for so long, that there'd be more people there....  In her last years she has been homebound, and sadly, basically just kind of forgotten I guess.  Also. a lot of her contemporaries have already died themselves, or perhaps are unable to get out and about anymore.  And the younger end of the crowd that's still up and attem are the ones that have forgotten.....

There weren't a whole lot of other people there in total either actually.  I just found it kind of disappointing.

The Purple Fuzzy

That seems to be the way it goes, the older the person the less in attendance.

Chseeads

I guess my mind is stuck back in time in the 20-30 year ago range.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on April 05, 2011, 02:39:04 AM
I guess my mind is stuck back in time in the 20-30 year ago range.

We had a funeral a few weeks ago for an elder lady in our church Sis Colleen. It was for her Mother "Honey". None of us knew her, other than Pastor, but she was severely bedridden, had to be on oxygen constantly; but she wanted to be baptized. So they fought tooth and nail with the nursing home she was in to get her baptized. It was a rough ordeal, but above all the Lord helped them get her baptized.

She passed like 2 days after that...but at her funeral, which was held at our church we had probably just as many church people as family and none of us knew her.

I along with my Mom and our assistant Pastor sang like 2 songs at the request of Sis Colleen.

I will NEVER forget the joy I got when Sis. Colleen came up to me the next service and hugged me. She didn't have to say thanks but she did, for singing at the funeral. I couldn't exchange it for anything in the world. It just made my heart swell that I could be a "light" in her dark hour. It was the best feeling.

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

Well, I guess facebook is trying to tell me I have nothing to say. They keep deleting what i post there tonight.

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

SHARING:  Cheese biscuits are good.  Grandma's cheese biscuits are better.  It is good to have Grandma home at last, and it might or might not have something to do with the fact that I just ate two cheese biscuits that were very good.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

taco_harvell

Chseeads

taco_harvell

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

The screeching barracuda sounded better.  :smirk2:

:hypocrite:

It's morning, it's early, I'm tarred.  Going to the funeral in a bit.  It's at 10. 

Lynx

A screeching barracuda might have sounded better, but it didn't sound as bad as your imitation of a screeching barracuda.

Actually I've heard a barracuda (brand of hard drive) screech.  That's a very disheartening sound because you know all your data is gone for good.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Ok so, I'm awake.

Big deal. Lol

I wanted to sleep in today. And I GUESS that 8:30 is sleeping in when I get up at 6 most days now.

Right?

Fittin to see what I can round up for breakfast.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Looks like you're running at my speed this morning,  Mel. I, too, just got up and moving- it sure felt good to lay there and not have to jump up and get ready for work. I think I'd make a fine rich man, with more money than brains. Trying to decide what to eat- I'm usually not a breakfast person, but I'm hungry.
Quote from: Chseeads on April 05, 2011, 11:45:35 AM
The screeching barracuda sounded better.  :smirk2:

:hypocrite:
I quite agree with you, Cheese.

Lynx

Hush thou. :P

I've already  had breakfast - five hard-boiled eggs.  Good way to start the day, if you're not worried about cholesterol... which I ain't.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

oh my word - I hate listening to a customer complaint who can barely talk....they use "umm" every other word...arg!

*snore*
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: