Scripture Chain Game

Started by Tricia Lea, October 16, 2008, 05:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

Heres the rules. We start with a Scripture and then you pick the next scripture with a word thats in the previous one.  Highlight the word you are using

Example if I start off with this

Psalms 1:2 (KJV) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.   

then someone might pick this verse

Psalms 3:3 (KJV) But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.       

The word used is highlighted

ok thought I would start it off with the begining lol

Genesis 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.   

The Purple Fuzzy

And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.  Luke 22:43

Tricia Lea

Luke 1:11 (KJV) And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.   

The Purple Fuzzy

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
Matthew 5:24

Tricia Lea

Leviticus 3:5 (KJV) And Aaron's sons shall burn it on the altar upon the burnt sacrifice, which is upon the wood that is on the fire: it is an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.   

The Purple Fuzzy

And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

I Samuel 15:22

Tricia Lea

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

The Purple Fuzzy

2 Kings 17:35
With whom the LORD had made a covenant, and charged them, saying, Ye shall not fear other gods, nor bow yourselves to them, nor serve them, nor sacrifice to them:

Tricia Lea

Malachi 4:3 (KJV) And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.   

Babs

Quote from: Tricia Lea on November 20, 2008, 07:59:25 AM
Malachi 4:3 (KJV) And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.   

Gen 38:7  And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: M.I.A. on November 20, 2008, 08:14:47 AM

Gen 38:7  And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.

Psalms 51:15 (KJV) O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.   

Babs

Quote from: Tricia Lea on February 07, 2009, 05:00:33 AM

Psalms 51:15 (KJV) O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

Gen 12:1  Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

OOPS how did I miss this game. My Favorite

Quote from: Babs on March 01, 2011, 11:04:01 AM

Gen 12:1  Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

Joshua 6:23
And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel.

Babs

Quote from: Tricia Lea on March 05, 2011, 03:11:30 PM

Joshua 6:23
And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel.

Gen 31:46  And Jacob said unto his brethren, Gather stones; and they took stones, and made an heap: and they did eat there upon the heap.

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Babs on March 18, 2011, 06:46:31 AM
Gen 31:46  And Jacob said unto his brethren, Gather stones; and they took stones, and made an heap: and they did eat there upon the heap.
Matthew 6:26
Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Melody

1Cr 9:7 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?

Babs

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 18, 2011, 06:00:57 PM
1Cr 9:7 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?

1Ti 1:18  This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Babs on March 18, 2011, 06:25:26 PM

1Ti 1:18  This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
Matthew 9:29
Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you

Babs

Quote from: Tricia Lea on March 20, 2011, 05:05:40 PM

Matthew 9:29
Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you

Gen 6:8  But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Babs on March 21, 2011, 03:38:32 AM
Gen 6:8  But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Babs

Quote from: Tricia Lea on March 21, 2011, 04:24:55 AM

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Gen 37:8  And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words.

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Babs on March 21, 2011, 08:32:53 AM
Gen 37:8  And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Babs

Quote from: Tricia Lea link=topic=29354.msg915327#msg915327

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my
b]words[/b] shall not pass away.

Genesis 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged;

My latest blog post.