News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

What would you do?

Started by kkay, February 14, 2008, 05:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkay

Question: Would you choose to remarry if your wife/husband died? Why/Why not?

Melody

well, let me start by saying it's a whole 'nother ball game if it actually happens, so it's a lot easier to say what we intend.

1Ti 5:11  But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;
1Ti 5:12  Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

I don't want to be that woman.

Paul said when we marry, we have to tend to our spouses, we are not truly free to just serve Christ.  He's right.  God forbid I ever have to face such a horrible circumstance, but I want to think that I would then be free to live for Jesus alone and not look to man again.

mini

My wife and I have talked about this.  She thinks if something ever happened to her, that I should.

I don't.

I found true love once, I don't know if I could ever find it again.

:smirk2:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

as a step child, I don't think I'd ever want to do that to my children if they were young either. 

mini

It would be my luck i would meet Cinderellas step mom.

:grin:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Sis

I got what I wanted in Stevebert. I'd sure hate to go back to finding frogs while lookin' for a prince.

Don't wanna go back to all that getting to know you jazz again. At this point, I don't think I ever would, but you never know what God might have in mind.

MelodyB

Exactly, you never know what God may have in mind for you.

I am not married now so I cant say, but I did wanna post in here and watch it.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mvausey

Unless God Himself planned otherwise, never again.  I don't think I can ever love a man the way I love my husband.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on February 14, 2008, 05:11:08 PMQuestion: Would you choose to remarry if your wife/husband died? Why/Why not?
This is not exactly an easy question to answer.  It's not as if I have someone waiting in "reserve" for when my wife dies.  However, if the right woman were to come along after the death of my wife, I would not be opposed to remarrying.  I get a lot of pleasure and happiness from loving and spoiling my wife and with the passing of my wife, I would want to find someone else to love and spoil.

I have already made it clear to Arctic Rose that if I were to die, I would want her to find another man that can make her happy.  I love her too much now to bear the idea of her being alone the rest of her life.  Of course, the decision to remarry is all up to her, but I can only hope that she will find a good man to treat her right after I'm gone.
Move along, nothing to see here.

nicolejoy

I like MichaelK's post - it's really hard to say and to know... you never know WHAT will happen IF you're ever in that situation... I would hope that my husband would feel like he COULD marry again if it so happened like that - but obviously, there are issues when there are kids involved and step parents and all that... sometimes it just WORKS - sometimes, it doesn't...

I like marriage, I like being married... if something were to happen to my husband, I wouldn't like to have to be a single mother - but I wouldn't go out LOOKING for a guy either... but if someone were to come along and if it seemed like it would work with me AND my child/children, I wouldn't knock it back either... *shrugs*

Envelope

I have the whole "cinderella/prince charming" love story of a lifetime..............

I just don't think that there is anyone else in the world, that would love me the way my husband loves me!!!!  I have an AWESOME man!!!!!!!!

sharon

mesipie

and ttL he was willing to remarry after his wife died
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...