News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

cereal?

Started by JuJu03, May 21, 2007, 02:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuJu03

how soon could i add cereal to scott's milk?  he is not getting full on just milk.  he eats all the time

just need some advice before asking the doc....scott is 7 weeks now

angelofthe_lordz

My mom gave it to me after 1 month. I know people that have done right from the start. Just adding a little bit in. Dr's will probably tell you different.

okieoliveoyl

are you breastfeeding or formula??
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Chseeads

Quote from: okieoliveoyl on May 21, 2007, 08:38:53 PM

Just how hard would it be to add cereal to the mixture when breastfeeding....wow.....  *cough*

:lol:

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

randerzforya

Quote from: Chseeads on May 21, 2007, 08:44:18 PM
Quote from: okieoliveoyl on May 21, 2007, 08:38:53 PM

Just how hard would it be to add cereal to the mixture when breastfeeding....wow.....  *cough*

:lol:

lol Not that hard if you use a pump.

I started putting it in Ethan's formula when he was 7-8 weeks. I had to start alternating between nursing and formula because he just wasn't getting full.

Chseeads

But if it's pumped it's technically not breastfeeding, it's feeding breastmilk. 

:hypocrite:

shep252

He may be on a growth spurt. 

JuJu03

no..he has eaten like this from birth...every 1 1/2 or 2 hrs

acjmom

that's normal julie..... they should eat at least every 2hrs (counting from the beginning of one feeding, to the next) for the first couple of months.  the big growth spurts (where they may want to eat every 30min. to an hour for a few days) are every 2wks for the first 2 months.  they also usually have a pretty big growth spurt around 6mo., 9mo., and 1yr.

how much is he eating?  it should be around 6oz.  if he's still only on 4, try bumping him up to 6 before adding cereal.  i waited until 2mo. to add cereal to a bottle, and very little even then...  1tbsp for every 3-4oz. at first, and gradually increase to 1tbsp per 2oz.  most docs recommend waiting till 4mo. for cereal, and 6mo. for food.
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey