News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Windows XP settings for other users

Started by MelodyB, April 20, 2007, 07:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I have Windows XP and I was wondering where do I find the thing that allows me to set the blocks and things for the guest accounts?

I found it once before, but I cant find it now...

Thanks!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

LarryTheCucumber

Control Panel-->Users  is the way to set up multiple user accounts--you can't configure much, but there are three main types of preset users--Administrator, Limited User, and Guest.

if you want further control per user, you'll have to change some of the more advanced security policy settings, and that can get pretty hairy.

MelodyB

I can find that stuff...what I am looking for is the stuff that lets me set the things like if a guest account can download stuff or access certain websites and stuff...when I created the guest account, I set all that stuff, but I want to modify it now and I cant find it.

apsurf

Easy to control the settings, tie a snapping turtle to the keyboard, they won't touch it then-nothing to worry about! :P

MelodyB

Quote from: nwlife on April 20, 2007, 10:29:35 AM
Easy to control the settings, tie a snapping turtle to the keyboard, they won't touch it then-nothing to worry about! :P

RIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT

:roll:

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Do you have XP Home or XP Professional?  XP Pro offers more control over accounts.  If you have XP Home, I can't offer much help since I haven't messed with it much, I run Pro at home and work.
Move along, nothing to see here.

MelodyB

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

If you have the time to wait for an answer, I think I have a copy of XP Home laying around somewhere.  I'll install it on one of my computers and see what I can do with it.  It might be a couple of days before I can get you an answer.

If you can't wait that long, try visiting the MicroSoft Knowledge Base web site and look for some online support for XP Home.  Here are instructions for creating and configuring user accounts using the "new User Accounts tool" in XP.
Move along, nothing to see here.

MelodyB

I got more time than money MK....LOL So go ahead.