News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Font issue..

Started by randerzforya, April 17, 2007, 06:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randerzforya

Every now and then my son does something while he's playing with the computer and changes the size of the font on my webpages. I cannot figure out how to get it set back to normal. All the godplace font is about twice as big as it should be...

Anybody know how to fix this??

World Traveler

Get your kid glasses so he can read the smaller print :-)
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Sister_Mom

That's funny WT!  :laughhard:

When your browser is open you have some pull-down menus across the top of your screen..... File Edit View, etc. I us Safari so my first option is "Safari" instead of File. If yours looks the same, ie. if you use "Firefox" and yours looks more like...... Firefox File View, etc. Click on "Firefox" and the pop up menu may have a "preferences" option there. If it's not there, it may be under "File". Look around until you find "preferences" in one of the pop-up menus and it should be in there.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

randerzforya

I have AOL..I looked everywhere I could think of..nothing on the "settings" page had anyway to fix it that I could see. This is really bugging me! And it couldn't have been too complicated to do, he was just pushing a lot of buttons on the keyboard. lol

Sister_Mom

Look for "Preferences". Also if your mouse has one of those "wheels" in the middle, rolling it down will enlarge the font. Also, is the a "Help" pull down menu across the top? Maybe type in "font size".
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Melody

I don't know if this helps but the bottom right hand of my screen has a little magnifying glass icon and it says 100%, with the option of makin that bigger or smaller.

randerzforya

Ok, I figured out what he did!! AOL Help had something hidden wayyyy in the back I didn't see the first time. You have to hold down the Ctrl button and scroll the wheel of the mouse down for a bigger font and up for a smaller one! So it's fixed!! Yay! lol  :thumbsup2: Thanks for the help guys!

Sister_Mom

Smart little guy you got there. Was he holding out on you and not telling you how he did it?  :wink4: Maybe he thought it was funny to see mommy  :frustrated:

randerzforya

If he was old enough to know what he did then I'd probably agree..for now his age keeps him safe.  ;) lol

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MirandaLynn on April 17, 2007, 09:52:11 PM
If he was old enough to know what he did then I'd probably agree..for now his age keeps him safe;) lol

I'll have to remember that the next time I get in trouble.  :hypocrite:

randerzforya

SippinTea

Quote from: Sister_Mom on April 17, 2007, 10:00:06 PM
If he was old enough to know what he did then I'd probably agree..for now his age keeps him safe;) lol

Errrr...Sis Mom? I'm pretty sure you're not the same age as Ethan...

But it was a nice try. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Nelle

LOL. That happened to me the other day! I was spazzing because the font was GIGANTIC! It somehow corrected itself - thankfully!

MelodyB

LOL Just found this!

Now I know the answer to the question I asked about Ethan in the thread about the red Xs...

CUTE!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sister_Mom

Quote from: SippinTea on April 17, 2007, 10:10:33 PM
Quote from: Sister_Mom on April 17, 2007, 10:00:06 PM

Errrr...Sis Mom? I'm pretty sure you're not the same age as Ethan...

But it was a nice try. ;)

:beret:

Close enough though, right?  :hypocrite:

MelodyB

2.... 25...yeah....they have one number in common....you might get by with that! LOL

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: MirandaLynn on April 17, 2007, 09:13:40 PMOk, I figured out what he did!! AOL Help had something hidden wayyyy in the back I didn't see the first time. You have to hold down the Ctrl button and scroll the wheel of the mouse down for a bigger font and up for a smaller one! So it's fixed!! Yay! lol  :thumbsup2: Thanks for the help guys!
It's not an AOL thing, it's a Windows thing.  The same thing will happen in Firefox and IE with or without AOL.
Move along, nothing to see here.

Chseeads

Sister_Mom

Ok, MichaelK. Now can you get my Mac on the network with the PCs here at work?  Our Tech support has tried and can't see how it can be done. :sadbounce:

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

How to configure a Mac to work on a PC network.

How to configure a PC to work on a Mac network.

Sounds like you need to train your tech support on how to do an online search.  Search is a friend of the true IT professional.

Sister_Mom

Yeah, they said they had searched the internet and the instructions they found weren't helpful. I'll send them a link to this and see if this helps. Thank You!!!!  :thumbsup2:

Sister_Mom

Ok, here's the response:

I'm not sure if that will work on our domain because it only references workgroups.  Domains are workgroups have a few major differences.  But, it's worth looking into.

Now what?  ???

MelodyB

Quote from: Sister_Mom on April 25, 2007, 08:10:35 PM

Now what?  ???

Get everyone else in the building to switch to MACs.

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Assuming you're using OSX and your domain is "Active Directory", there shouldn't be any problems getting the Mac onto the domain.  Instructions from Apple are found here

Sister_Mom

Yes, Mac OSX. Not sure what our domain is. I know nothing about how they have things configured there. The one person I have dealt with before, who is the only one in Tech. support that knows anything about Macs, has recently been promoted and this no longer comes under "his duties" and it is now in the hands of 2 others. I sent them the links with a very nice note explaining the situation to them. Now I just have to wait and see what happens.  :roll:

The main reason I need to be on the network with them is I have been given the responsibility to update certain areas of our company intranet and have been given access to that, but it's all stored on a server that I can't get to on the Mac. So right now, I have to go to a PC, burn everything I need to CD, bring it to the Mac, make changes, burn CD, take it to the PC, copy and publish.  :tearhair: Naturally, it would make my life a little easier if I could do it all from one computer, especially since the changes I need to make is sometimes requested to be done immediately.