News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on May 17, 2023, 06:14:39 PMI don't mind mornings if I've been able to allow my body to naturally wake up on its own. I dislike alarms incredibly much.
If I wake up naturally- it ain't morning unless my age related pain is considered naturally. :lol:
Chey just showed up at work. She had a cousin and a friend over and they no fit in a Miata. Guess what they drove to town, so she could get an application for a summer job? Yes. MY BELOVED '46, Rusty!!! :pound:  :pound:  Note to self, find and hide the spare key. Put it under a dirty dish or the laundry hamper. She's scared of work and will never find it... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

ohh noo Bobby lol - is she not allowed to drive it? LOL
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 17, 2023, 07:22:36 PMohh noo Bobby lol - is she not allowed to drive it? LOL
It's rare. I've never vetoed it and she did ask about it...I was hoping she'd forget. I always worry myself to death when she does. Parts for a 77 year old truck are a tad difficult to locate.  :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Good morning. Looks to be a beautiful day, and I am sure I will be busy. Totally ready for some time off. I've got 27 gazillon things to do and not enough hours to do them. LOL

Nelle

I'm at work against my will.

Our cat Ted passed away last night curled up in his bed by one of his favorite windows in the house. We're heartbroken, but I'm mostly worried about his sister Tabby. I wish I wasn't at work so I could be home and able to monitor her better.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on May 18, 2023, 02:07:09 PMI'm at work against my will.

Our cat Ted passed away last night curled up in his bed by one of his favorite windows in the house. We're heartbroken, but I'm mostly worried about his sister Tabby. I wish I wasn't at work so I could be home and able to monitor her better.

Also at work against my will.
And that is sooo sad Nelle. Sending my condolences. Losing a pet is absolutely the hardest.  :cry:  :cry:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

I also am at w*rk, but whether it is against my will is debatable.

I just figured out how to use legacy chests in a video game called outward. I would much rather be at home doing that right now.

On the other hand... If I missed a day of work my wallet would be apoplectic.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Sorry  to hear about the loss of a "fur kid"  It's always rough, they do become family.
And in sharing...

So happy. We don't look like a reject from the short bus academy now... :laughhard:

Backseat Radio

Been a good day so far here. Got caught up on sleep since I didn't have to work today. Went to Mom and Dad's for a late lunch.  I've got Praise Team practice tonight. Already know Bro Joseph won't be there. His daughter is sick so he's staying home with the kid so his wife can make it to practice. Means I'll be the only one in the sound booth tonight.

Roscoe

Urgh........ Thank God it is Friday.
I've already had to help another officer with an offender that was ready to fight, and not happy at all with her. I used every tool I knew to de-escalate and calm down the offender and was able to successfully accomplish our goals- that of placing the offender in a nice secure place without having to lay hands upon him in a not godly manner. I don't think he likes me much anymore though. :roll:
My work sistah had a dr appointment this morning. I am waiting on her to arrive so we can bust out a couple home visits..

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been a beautiful day here. There were quite a few yard sales and I found some goodies.

Lynx

Hey Bobby, remember that small town with the big stick guy?

Tell your friend next week would be a great time to go down there. The Buford Pusser festival is Thursday through saturday, May 25th through 27th. Basically a small carnival at the city park.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Next Saturday would be a good time for that....hmmm.
 Today- bought 25 foot hdmi cable to take care of the lack of reliable wireless connection to the church monitor. That accomplished,  I got some grocery shopping done- still miffed that no one in the area has Blue Bell's Dr Perrper Float ice cream on the shelf. Lou went with me to Russellville where I bought boards to fix Chey's bed properly since the 12 year old Chinese kid that designed the bedframe for Walmart had too much faith in small plastic parts.
Got that fixed and a little work on sanding on Sam.. Basically a wasted day with moments of progress. :biglaugh:

The Purple Fuzzy

I've felt slightly yucky all day. Nothing much accomplished.

Lynx

Yeah... When I saw that youtube commercial for Blue Bell Dr. Pepper ice cream, I figured Bobby would be out on the prowl for a new rendition of his drug of choice.

Have you tried asking the store manager? Some of them will place orders for you.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lots of folks around here seem to be looking for it, too. Not me. I'm not a fan of Dr. Pepper.

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

I liked Dr Pepper when I drank soda, but I preferred Pibb in my adult years.

@Work. Walked around our lot 5 times before lunch. Should've worn different shoes for it haha.

Doctors appointment in about an hour, hopefully we can figure something out to work on this BP with me.

MsJennJenn

I would try it. When we switched to zero sugar drinks I prefer the Dr Pepper zero over the coke zero now.

Boss made me cry again today giving me "feedback that I was rude and disrespectful" when I just simply replied to her question directly and to the point.

I am applying literally on the daily for internal jobs to move into (because I really don't want to lose my tenure with CVS - 22 years come August), but at this point I'm gonna have to start trying outside the company. So disheartening to not be able to get anywhere.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

I am officially on vacation the rest of the week.  :clap:  Rode down to my mom's for dinner. Lost my balance on the way home and suddenly found myself and my bicycle laying in the neighborhood's yard. Not the most dignified way to end the day.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 22, 2023, 08:30:40 PMBoss made me cry again today giving me "feedback that I was rude and disrespectful" when I just simply replied to her question directly and to the point.

I am applying literally on the daily for internal jobs to move into (because I really don't want to lose my tenure with CVS - 22 years come August), but at this point I'm gonna have to start trying outside the company. So disheartening to not be able to get anywhere.
I can empathize. I tend to be more blunt/to the point and it can be considered rude, especially in an email where they can't hear your tone of voice. It's disheartening when you weren't trying to be rude.

Roscoe

Sorry, Jenn. I think we've all been in that position at some point. It's a tough spot. When Lou went through it at Walmart, it drained her. It was difficult to throw away her seniority, but she's a different person now with the bank job, even if it was a pay cut.
  So, today, I enjoyed a ride with my daughter; helped my niece who thinks of me as a father locate her first car- a 2005 Mustang Convertible. Although older it was pretty nice and in her $3500 price range. There really wasn't much in that price range in this area. And after getting home, I worked on Chey's '79 'vette and got it running and in the shop. Think Sam's gonna have to have the pause button pushed for a few days. :smirk:

Lynx

A mustang convertible for her first car...

My brain keeps playing "She'll have fun, fun, fun, 'till her daddy takes her T-Bird away."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 23, 2023, 08:48:45 AMA mustang convertible for her first car...

My brain keeps playing "She'll have fun, fun, fun, 'till her daddy takes her T-Bird away."
Lynx, you know that no one around me can have a "normal" car. It just wouldn't be right.  :biglaugh:
Morning, all. A gazillion things to do today...