News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Morning.
At work. Got one saint in the hospital semi-serious; not a peep, sweet, God's will be done lady. Got one in for a gallbladder surgery, sweetly requested everyone remember her in prayer; Got one lady in the hospital for a laparoscopic surgery for a ladies issue, quite vocal, and about to die apparently. Funny how different people react...

Got a call this morning referring to a son of a saint who is about to take a wrong turn. I'm praying for him...majorly...but the report of what his daddy, who has not been in church in a few years, told them with a good spirit made me want to shout.

And I received a text from a new member yesterday that made me light up. in short- "I thank God for you and for my church. My wife and I held each other crying thanking God for leading us there. I LOVE yall." This from a man who once said he'd never step in a Pentecostal church.
 We may have to hew out our revival from solid stone. But stone will last! I see God's Blessings being poured out...
Not so spiritual- I'm having to repeat my most used scripture in prayer  today "Create in me a clean heart oh God, a renew a right spirit within me"
Cause one of the ole biddies working here trying to destroy my right spirit and dirtying up my heart. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on November 28, 2023, 11:42:28 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 26, 2023, 05:26:50 PMEveryone disappear? Or just too full to speak?
Grandma dislocated her shoulder.
Ouch! Were they able to reset her shoulder?
Hubby had that happen and was in so much pain. They had a hard time resetting his. It still bothers him sometimes.

Nelle

@Work.

Eating leftovers from last night for lunch.

Is it Christmas yet?

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 28, 2023, 04:44:56 PM
Quote from: Lynx on November 28, 2023, 11:42:28 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 26, 2023, 05:26:50 PMEveryone disappear? Or just too full to speak?
Grandma dislocated her shoulder.
Ouch! Were they able to reset her shoulder?
Hubby had that happen and was in so much pain. They had a hard time resetting his. It still bothers him sometimes.
Yeah they popped it right back in.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Backseat Radio

Good morning  :hi:

I survived the Black Friday sale and the worst of the post sale cleanup. Felt like all I got done Monday was cleaning up after the sale.

Went to a Mennonite service with a friend Sunday morning. The mennonite service seemed way too quiet and empty and that's coming from someone that's used to the super quiet services of the non instrumental church of Christ. Guess a little over a year back in an Apostolic church is enough to change what you're expecting in a worship service.

I didn't tell my church family I was going to a different church that morning since I knew they'd try to talk me out of it. I expected my media team leader would be checking on me when I didn't show up. Wasn't expecting my pastor to be texting me shortly after service started wanting to know if I was ok.

Roscoe

Good Morning.
Tia, looks like you have a real pastor- someone who cares about his sheep. That's a good thing in this busy day..
I'm working through the day. Had a good time with God this morning. Got a Bible study for tonight I need to finish my powerpoints on. Ready for the weekend..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on November 29, 2023, 04:36:23 PMGood Morning.
Tia, looks like you have a real pastor- someone who cares about his sheep. That's a good thing in this busy day..
I'm working through the day. Had a good time with God this morning. Got a Bible study for tonight I need to finish my powerpoints on. Ready for the weekend..

When I hadn't messaged pastor back by the end of service he was calling me pretty quick. Apparently this sheep isn't allowed to eat lunch before answering her pastor.

Roscoe

MsJennJenn

Well I for sure won't be region admin next year. Got the decline for that yesterday. (This is the job I currently have that we had to reapply for, for 2024). So if the Aetna job doesn't come thru I will be severed at the end of the year. 22 years with the company down the drain. I'm not handling it well. I didn't want to be region admin again because I cannot handle another year with my current boss, but it also stings to hear "we selected another candidate".
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm so sorry, Jenn. That stinks. Hopefully the other job will work out

Nelle

I'm sorry MJJ. That does stink AND sting.. I can feel it for you over here. Praying that God opens the right door for you to be able to run happily into!

@ Work. Went to the doctor today right after I posted payroll. Don't have covid or strep, but I did get a script for a zpack (can't get until tomorrow - ugh) and some cough meds. Not really sure what's wrong, but hoping this clears it up! I was SO thankful not to be sick. Too much going on this weekend church-wise.

Roscoe

Sorry, Jenn. I pray that the ultimate outcome is a blessing for you.
Been busy today. And it's raining and nasty out. Woulda been a good day to sleep all day..

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 30, 2023, 11:28:33 PMBeen busy today. And it's raining and nasty out. Woulda been a good day to sleep all day..
We just now got your rain and nasty. Why you gotta be dumping all your bad weather on us? Take it back!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Thanks ya'll - appreciate and welcome the prayers.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Been a busy weekend. Enjoyed having a new couple in our church over for dinner. Today, church. Phenomenal move of God tonight, even though I felt as wrung out as a dishrag afterwards. Tomorrow, a trip to Little Rock to check on a saint, then hopefully some time to put the new radiator hoses on the Model A and button up the alternator swap, and maybe work on Sam's grill..

Lynx

Something I woke up thinking about:

So if I prefer reece's pieces, and talk bad about m&m's and skittles... Does that make me a reecist?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 04, 2023, 11:00:59 AMSomething I woke up thinking about:

So if I prefer reece's pieces, and talk bad about m&m's and skittles... Does that make me a reecist?
Yes.

Hi all. On the road most of the day. Need a week off.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

ALL Skittle > Reeces.
 Reeces is like the bottom of the barrel, re: candy, while Skittles and M&Ms are surely God's chosen candies. :hypocrite:
As long as they aren't freeze-dried.  I was surprised- freeze-drying has become the current fad around here. Loving Skittles, I figured they'd be amazing. That's when I realized I am 1) a texture person and 2) THAT AIN'T A GOOD TEXTURE.

I'm stuck at work. Praying "Create in Me a clean heart and renew a right spirit."
 I'm kinda like my Daisy Dog today- not a total grump but close enough a slight nudge might send me over the edge into a snapping, biting frenzy.

Nelle

I like Reese's cup, but I don't like the pieces. Having said that... I'd grab that Tropical/Wild Berry Skittle duo package over a Reese's cup anyday.

@Work. Bit of a headache coming on. Hoping I can grab lunch soon. Everyone else went so I have to wait. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

I love Reese's eggs, trees, pumpkins etc.
I'm not into the fruity candy.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 05, 2023, 02:50:28 PMI'm stuck at work. Praying "Create in Me a clean heart and renew a right spirit."
 I'm kinda like my Daisy Dog today- not a total grump but close enough a slight nudge might send me over the edge into a snapping, biting frenzy.

Sames.

Quote from: Nelle on December 05, 2023, 05:17:55 PMI like Reese's cup, but I don't like the pieces. Having said that... I'd grab that Tropical/Wild Berry Skittle duo package over a Reese's cup anyday.

@Work. Bit of a headache coming on. Hoping I can grab lunch soon. Everyone else went so I have to wait. :)

Also mostly sames with Nelle too. Have a headache nudging. Except I prefer the pieces over the regular reeses cups.
But will grab the purple skittles first any day.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Lunch and some non-decaf tea seemed to have mostly cancelled that bit of a headache I had starting. I had the cold cut combo from Subway. I've started craving that sandwich combo occasionally. I got the footlong so I could have the other half tomorrow for lunch.

Jeremy picked up the chicken pot pie from Sams for dinner tonight. I'm still at work for now, but I assume I'll have a bit of that when I get home.

Lots to do.. not lots of time for it all, haha.