News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

haha whatever. Not courting Lynx.

My guy David lives where I live. Just goes to a friends church in Dallas.
He's 41. He played piano for me in a bff's wedding in September. Our music chemistry is pretty on point.

He hasn't stated any interest but I've met his family (whom he currently lives with).
I met them before my friends wedding though. They all love me he says.

He on a whim asked me to coffee last Saturday then we went back to his house cus he wanted me to sing lol.
Then Tuesday night he had friends from Oklahoma in that he wanted me to meet. So he impromptu asked me over. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Sounds like a match made in...whichever state it is you live in, I forgot which one it is.

Just make sure he knows how critical it is to correctly spell your name. If he forgets that extra N just one time...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I have pie! :D :D :D

Aunt Diane is activities director at a nursing home, and she holds a yard sale to raise money to get the residents gifts. I am usually very interested in the baked goods table at such yard sales, so I stopped by before w*rk.

I saw four homemade pecan pies and two homemade chocolate chess pies. Bought 'em all. :teeth:

On my way out with my stack of six pies, one of the girls at the front desk asked, "Hey where are those going?!" I replied, "Mostly to my freezer." I got the strong impression somebody else was planning to buy a pie, but didn't think they would all be gone quite that soon.

My only regret is eating a double decker oatmeal creme pie last night. I stopped for gas, and when I stop for gas I always get one of those things. Had I known about the yard sale today, I would have saved my blood sugar tolerance for the much more delicious homemade pies.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I haven't had much pie at all in some time. I need Chey to make a buttermilk pie soon.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yes... yes you do. I would trade three of my pies for a good buttermilk pie.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning, all. Chey, Lou and I are gonna have a family day since we are all off today. May do a little Christmas shopping since Lou will likely work the weekends the rest of the year... Not sure if we are east or westbound. LOL

sunlight

Anyone else had the stomach bug going around in your area? It's been really bed here.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Not yet. God willing, we won't see it.
 Got up this morning to a house at 68 degrees. Thought I'd been transported to Mini's house. Wound up discovering the batteries in the thermostat were dead.  Changed them out, and now it's back toasty 74.
I put a huge roast on, and now I'm sitting in the recliner trying to decide what to do. I've got a rough outline for tonight, but am supposed to have a visiting preacher, so I may get to be preached to instead.

sunlight

I hear it's going to be 8 degrees in your area this coming week.... dude.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Same here. Was around 64 this morning when I got up around 10....then by noon it dropped to 39.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Dropped here quick too. It was 51 this morning. 41 at noon. Don't know what it is now, but this rain has to quit. I'm totally tired of it. The septic fix worked fine for normal rain, but the floods we've had still render us helpless. It doesn't take as long to drain-as soon as the rain stops, we are good within the hour- but it seems like it never stops. :mad:
Spent most of the morning at the church helping fix the travel trailer hookup. We had an evangelist last night- he blew up his truck 15 miles from the church, then our outlet wouldn't work. We got his trailer in and Cody has the truck. He has electricity for now... but lord.
I'm being hospitable and having them out for dinner. Smoked pork loin in a sweet mustard sauce, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, green beans and buttermilk pie. I hope they don't want fancy cause we ain't.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 11, 2019, 11:00:34 PMI'm being hospitable and having them out for dinner. Smoked pork loin in a sweet mustard sauce, mashed potatoes, homemade bread, green beans and buttermilk pie. I hope they don't want fancy cause we ain't.
Shoot I'd take that over escargot any day! If you got any leftovers that you can't figure out what to do with, I'll be glad to help a brother out. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

18 here now but feels like 6. I love snow tho.. when I don't have to drive in it. Thankfully the sun and the road crews together did a great job clearing off my interstate, so the only crazy part was my work's driveway. It's always a little sketchy the first day or so after snow/ice b/c no one cleans it off like our old shop guys did. I miss them, haha. I did a little two step getting out of the car as well, but thankfully knew to be careful with my footing. It was slick.

But now I'm here.. I'm eating leftover chili for lunch. Hoping since Jeremy's off today (he took annual), he will cook up some taco soup or something. That sounds deeeeelicious.

Roscoe

Well. I started off my day by being late, as I had forgotten I was scheduled as the early man. Then spent all day trying desperately to catch up. Did a surprise home visit on one of my Max offenders- I couldn't catch him at home, so I took him with me when he came in. Surprise!
Yep- two felony charges later, I have ANOTHER report to do. Lo. Wound up staying late and finishing them, and filling in for a coworker who needed off. I'll get off in an hour and a half...

The Purple Fuzzy

Dairy free, gluten-free dressing is a challenge when you're used to using bread and "cream of" soups, normally... but little Bobby tasted it and approved. Chel seemed to like it, also.

I'm making it ahead of time since dressing is a lot of work and I get too tired to enjoy the holiday.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 12, 2019, 11:44:23 PMDairy free, gluten-free dressing is a challenge when you're used to using bread and "cream of" soups, normally... but little Bobby tasted it and approved. Chel seemed to like it, also.

I'm making it ahead of time since dressing is a lot of work and I get too tired to enjoy the holiday.
I wouldn't know how to cook dairy and gluten- free....
Bread and "Cream of" Soups are my go to. LOL

Roscoe

Y'all have been quiet today. I've been in court most of the day. About to go to church. Lou is kinda down today, so say a prayer. Monday was her 15th anniversary at Walmart and they confirmed today that her position is cut, and they "don't know if they will be able to offer her fulltime hours". Guys, we need God to move. She needs full time hours for insurance purposes- without her income and health insurance we will be in dire straights.

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

I am so sorry! That's always rough, no matter how much faith you got!

I have a testimony (that I probably shared back then) that might help boost your faith a little.

Jeremy started out (when we got married) working for his uncle. (Let me start by saying, we LOVE Jeremy's family. We are so thankful that his uncle was able to help him those years by giving him a job. He's helped us in numerous ways. I just firmly believe that working for family is such a precarious situation to be in.) Less than savory hours/pay for what he was having to do. We barely made ends meet the first year or so of marriage. He finally got enough of the pay/hours + family drama, so he applied to all kinds of jobs.

He got interviewed at a portable building company. They decided to go with someone else (who we felt had less experience). One year later, he gets a phone call from the interviewer asking him to come back in for another interview for that same position because that other person just up and quit. He ended up getting hired, and this was a boost in pay plus incredible hours. He was always stressed out at this job, his boss was always on him like a duck on a june bug. I can't remember if he was there one or two years, BUT he was able to have his surgery while he was still there. Before Halloween that year (same as his surgery), he was called into the boss' office at 2 in the afternoon and basically told he was being let go. No warning at all. We were devastated and I (being the financial person in our home) was SCARED. Looking back, I honestly don't think Jeremy would have left the security of that job no matter how awful it had gotten, so I see it somewhat as God helping him out of a bad situation. That company has lost almost ALL of the front house staff he worked with, and looks to be getting ready to fold any day.

Thankfully, my company blesses me with a healthy bonus usually every year around that same time of year. Between that bonus, my regular pay, and his unemployment, everything was fine and we were still able to have a Christmas as well. It was nearing the end of all of those 'extras' that were our buffer, and he still didn't have a job even though he was looking. I was getting nervous again. He FINALLY got a call back from the USPS about a job. He started training in January, and we haven't looked back since! He is making 2-3x what he had been making back at his uncle's job. His hours aren't always great, but he's on track to have amazing benefits/pay for years to come - as long as the USPS can keep its act together.

It felt absolutely scary and dark many times during those years in that story above, but God kept His hand on us the entire time. We weren't hungry, even at our poorest. We had a home, we had a vehicle, we had family, and best of all - we had God - who helped even when it didn't look like He was!

Nelle

@Work early (been here an hour). Leaving momentarily for Subaru dealership to get my audio unit replaced (their cost) and hopefully NOT have to buy a new tire. It's going super low in tire pressure once a week. I think it's the same one I had repaired in Arkansas. We shall see!

Then it'll be back to work for me.

Roscoe

Thanks, y'all. I told Lou it's going to be alright. God has carried us through times like this before, and He will again. Last major time was several years ago, and it didn't seem we had so much to lose. LOL. I tend to post here a bit quicker than perhaps I ought, because this is my safe place and I know y'all will pray and not judge on anything.
In leadership, you have to be cautious about letting any doubt or fear show, IMHO, because it can quickly infect the church. The LAST thing I want to do is cause someone who is new in their faith to stumble. Thus- y'all get the brunt of my vent/whine/pleadings, and the church gets lesson on faith, trusting Him, and whatever else the Lord provides.:laughhard:
To be honest, while I worry some about the insurance/income, being the house financial person, I am more concerned about my wife. She is the model of Godliness and has been a light to a lot of people- I know, because I've had perfect strangers tell me this at local restaurants- "Your wife is the lady who works at Walmart that always wears skirts. She has been so sweet and helpful to me". And not just once or twice.
She's scared despite my assurance, and hurting because she feels like the company doesn't value her after 15 years and feels like it is an indictment of her work ethic.

Financially- God will provide, I'm not stressed a lot, yet. But pray for Lou's spirit and uplift/encourage her if you can. She is my rock and I need her.

Back at work. Praying for a good day...and that I will be what God wants me to be, not what my spirit wants me to be. :lol: